Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem For3ver Mini-mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem For3ver Mini-mod  "This is a download link for the Eduke32 edition of my first mini-mod"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

The map looked okay; there were things that needed to be adjusted or given more attention, like alot of areas had no wall shading. Some areas that did have shading were just not done right or had weird or conflicting angles. The architecture and sprite work were good for the most part, but there was this impression of oversizing because of the large flat wall decorations/posters, high flat ceilings, and tall flat untrimmed walls.

The layout was simple, The lack of interactivity or puzzles beyond key cards & maybe a couple switches, and the predictable tedious combat scenarios made the game play just repetitive and boring.

I've never played DNF beyond a few minutes of the demo; if those were the sounds and music that came from the game, I'm glad I never did play it. They were kinda dumb and annoying.

This post has been edited by Forge: 31 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Played it yesterday. Architecture and overall look were quite OK for me (no mapper), but improving the gameplay department is what you should consider the most when making your next map IMO.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 04 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options