Duke4.net Forums: Keyboard layout shown after quitting - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keyboard layout shown after quitting

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Whenever I quit EDuke32, I see the language settings options in the lower right taskbar (next to system clock), giving me a choice between German (my default) and US keyboard layout. It's kinda annoying, even though not affecting the way the game behaves.

From eduke32.log:
Wrote eduke32.cfg
Wrote settings.cfg
Switching keyboard layout from 00000409 to 00000407

Happens with:
Windows 8.1 x64 (DE)
EDuke r4575 x64

Side note: Maybe it is related to this issue here.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostNightFright, on 21 August 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

Whenever I quit EDuke32, I see the language settings options in the lower right taskbar (next to system clock), giving me a choice between German (my default) and US keyboard layout. It's kinda annoying, even though not affecting the way the game behaves.

From eduke32.log:
Wrote eduke32.cfg
Wrote settings.cfg
Switching keyboard layout from 00000409 to 00000407

Happens with:
Windows 8.1 x64 (DE)
EDuke r4575 x64

Side note: Maybe it is related to this issue here.

I had this problem for a long time on Windows 8 (Mapster/Eduke switched from German to US layout but not back when quitting the program).
IIRC it was a problem with the switch from SDL to SDL2 in EDukeĀ“s code. For a long time, Mapster took over the German layout, which made it nearly impossible to use Mapster. For two or three months now everything works fine for me. Mapster switches from German to US and back when I quit it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options