Duke4.net Forums: Any Server Lag Compensation Settings? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Server Lag Compensation Settings?

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Yeah, I know, a legitimate question about the game itself, weird right? Anyway, basically as per the title, I was wondering if there was any settings for lag compensation or something, anything at all for when hosting a server\dedicated server. Just something to make the gameplay a little more smooth. As an example, if you host a game locally with no players and you rocket jump, you can do it all day and all night no problem, no jitter, no lag at all. But, if you join a server with, even with no players at all, the jitter is almost unbearable. Maybe there's something in a config file, int file, something? Anything?

Here's a video of rocket jumping on a local server (Don't be fooled by the FPS, YouTube supports only 30 FPS):

And here's a video of rocket jumping on a random empty server:

The jitter is very apparent on the first few RJs. I'm probably beating a dead horse with this one, but, is there anything that can be done at all?

(Also those with a keen eye might notice in the upper left corner... yes, I changed it from EGO to Health, for no reason.)

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 21 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

People still play this game online?
lolwut.

• tile 1018

Yep. I love it. Just the lag kind of kills it.

Also if it were possible to hackishly allow the DN3D freezer in multiplayer, that'd be cool, but that's probably way beyond the realm of possibility at this point.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 21 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Nice to see you around again, Spirrwell.

• tile 1018

I know it's been a while Radar. See things haven't changed much around here, good old Commander there. Ah... I actually have been more into this other game community for a Source Engine based game. Missed this place though!

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Mother fuckers.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Don't worry Commander. One day, you will have friends too. Then you will understand.

This post has been edited by Yay Ponies: 25 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options