Duke4.net Forums: John Romero announces Daikatana 2 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

John Romero announces Daikatana 2

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Well, that explains a lot about Mr.Deviance.

View PostComrade Major, on 14 August 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Well, that explains a lot about Mr.Deviance.

I got all those pics from Romero's site ages ago. They were public.
I was shocked at how slutty Romero's wife looked and while reading their love story back then on that site, I kept seeing these pics all over that page so when I saved that whole page, I also got the pics along with it.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Uh... Slutty? By who's estimate is this woman slutty looking?

And why the fuck are we talking about Romero's relationships exactly? Dude's making a new game, I couldn't care less who he's sticking himself in.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 August 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I was shocked at how slutty Romero's wife looked

You're a fucking tool. Just saying.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 August 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Uh... Slutty? By who's estimate is this woman slutty looking?

I think the proper question would be which women are not considered slutty?

Pick me! I know the answer!
Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Posted Image

View PostDuke Rocks, on 12 August 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Meh, that's probably the most flattering picture I've ever seen of her...in some photos she looks more like a female John Carmack. :(

I think Killcreek was more attractive, tbh.

That's because most of the pictures have been taken down, even recently. I actually like the nerdy-hot glasses look. What's even creepier though is how many pics were taken of her sister (taken down long ago with the rest). I can't help but wonder if this is why things ended.

This post has been edited by RunningWild: 15 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 August 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Seeing how some of you here are debating if Romero's 18 year old romanian wife was hot or not based on 2 pictures, I decided to upload my stash here for y'all.
Scroll that page away and see all of her pics.
Happy masturbation or what ever.
http://share.pho.to/6kCHp

I have them in high res.

Posted Image

View PostColon Semicolon, on 14 August 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

This thread went from funny to downright creepy rather quickly!

Nigga how the fuck are you not creepy?! Your dream girl is the maid from The Jetsons.

View PostRunningWild, on 15 August 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

That's because most of the pictures have been taken down, even recently. I actually like the nerdy-hot glasses look. What's even creepier though is how many pics were taken of her sister (taken down long ago with the rest). I can't help but wonder if this is why things ended.

Okay, PLEASE elaborate on this. I loves me some Romero drama.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 16 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Hey, speaking of John Romero, I even heard he was making a new game, too!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDuke Rocks, on 16 August 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hey, speaking of John Romero, I even heard he was making a new game, too!

Yeah! Very exciting news isn't it? It's a shame nobody made a thread about this yet! Posted Image

User is offline   LkMax 

Meh, who cares about Romero's work anyway? I'm gonna start a thread about stalking his ex-girlfriends, this seems much more interesting.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: typo.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 16 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

John Romero reloaded: Reinventing the shooter

“Games provide an environment for people to do things that please them, and so the essence of game design is to find out what are you trying to make, and is that a fun thing to do? And hopefully you’ll be doing something new that people haven’t done before. That’s what’s driving the industry forward: doing something that gamers haven’t seen that might lead to something bigger.

When we made Hover Tank and Catacomb 3D, that was leading up to Wolfenstein, which led up to Doom. You have to refine things. So for people to make sequels to something that they thought was a brand new way of playing games, that’s cool because they’re trying to refine the fun, the feedback and what you can do with that.

The question is what is fun, and how do you make something fun out of nothing? That’s what games design is all about.”

Design is law, baby!

This man needs to shut the fuck up already.

He brings up alot of very valid points and he's right that the shooter genre is stagnating to hell and back.

Yeah but it doesn't help your case when John Romero is saying it. Maybe he can stick his beaner peener in another girl two years from now and marry wife number...six? Seven? Do we even fucking care anymore?

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 08 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Yeah but it doesn't help your case when John Romero is saying it. Maybe he can stick his beaner peener in another girl two years from now and marry wife number...six? Seven? Do we even fucking care anymore?

I think youre the only one who has cared about his personal life

Are you shitting me? Everyone does! He's a grade A scumbag.

Also look at this fucking manlet. He's like Elliot Rodger minus the guns.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 08 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

I really don't see how this is relevant to actually making videogames. I mean Doug Tennapel is apparently a scumbag, but he was the driving force behind alot of really fucking awesome games, comics, TV shows, et all.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 08 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostProtected by Viper, on 08 September 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Are you shitting me? Everyone does! He's a grade A scumbag.

Also look at this fucking manlet. He's like Elliot Rodger minus the guns.

I find it funny you talk down about him and how no one cares about his personal life yet you continue to talk about it. You wasted 50 bucks on Daikatana when it came out and you are still sour (or Romero probably stole one of your girlfriends), we get it, but jesus christ Adam Sandler can consistently make terrible movies but lets all shit on Romero just because he made one bad game?
There's a lot of shitty people that make really good movies, books, music, games, etc etc. Ignore the personal shit and just play the games.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 09 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

If by fifty bucks you mean $5 on eBay years later, and then another $2 at Micro Center back in 2009 for a boxed copy, then yes.

User is offline   LkMax 

The guy had an important role in funding iD Software and on the development of at least 03 great franchises, but because of one sub-par game and because he dated different people during his life, his opinion is worthless now? Dude, chill out.

I learned the value of anti-promotion from Romero.

THANK YOU JOHN! :)

View PostWieder, on 09 September 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

I learned the value of anti-promotion from Romero.

THANK YOU JOHN! :)

Did you ever visit Ion Storm Dallas' offices, Wieder? I remember seeing some photos of Romero at 3D Realms around the time Daikatana shipped. I think Brian Cozzens used to work at I.S., right?

There was a podcast from like 6-7 years ago where Romero said he watched a presentation of DNF at 3DR. He said he saw stuff that he had never seen in any shooter since. ;)

Edit: Does anyone know what Romero was working on after Daikatana released? Was it another shooter or was he just assisting with Anachronox?

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Wieder is about to make you his bitch.

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 September 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Did you ever visit Ion Storm Dallas' offices, Wieder? I remember seeing some photos of Romero at 3D Realms around the time Daikatana shipped. I think Brian Cozzens used to work at I.S., right?

Yeah, I popped over a couple of times. More when I was at Ritual and still in the "gotta become 'cool' in the industry" mindset prior to the "gotta create 'stuff' that lives beyond me" mindset.

It was a fun place to visit. Entitlement mentality galore. Tom Hall made fun of me for being "too green" in a "positive" way, but I was still too wrapped up in a fanboy mentality to get it and thus thought he was actually making fun of me and just made the entire situation awkward. The next time I saw him was on a design panel for game design students where I said the number one problem in game design programs is a lack of people with genuine talent. He laughed in the way that lets a person know they can finally let go that awkward memory only they remember.

Did you ever realize that I'm so dangerous because I'm so honest with you? :)

Brian Cozzens had a challenging transition to 3DR because 3DR didn't take kindly to egos wearing sunglasses indoors. He adapted and became awesome.

There was a podcast from like 6-7 years ago where Romero said he watched a presentation of DNF at 3DR. He said he saw stuff that he had never seen in any shooter since. ;)

He would have been correct. There is absolutely no doubt in any way that we were ahead of the game.

However being ahead of the game without knowing how to get into the game ultimately means you aren't a part of the game.

Edit: Does anyone know what Romero was working on after Daikatana released? Was it another shooter or was he just assisting with Anachronox?

/fap /fap /fap

Wait... that was me.

Dunno!

View PostReaperMan, on 09 September 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Wieder is about to make you his bitch.

Working on it.

Very very gently.

This post has been edited by Wieder: 09 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostWieder, on 09 September 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Did you ever realize that I'm so dangerous because I'm so honest with you? :)

I know and I appreciate it! ;) Even though I live about as far away from Texas as geographically possible, I'm just fascinated with that particular period.

Re being ahead of the game: That's simultaneously relieving and depressing to hear.

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 September 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

I know and I appreciate it! :) Even though I live about as far away from Texas as geographically possible, I'm just fascinated with that particular period.

It's like being fascinated with the gunslingers of the 1800's.

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 09 September 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Re being ahead of the game: That's simultaneously relieving and depressing to hear.

Something better actually existed... until it didn't.

I have not lost the emotional perspective where the gunslingers of the 1800's actually exist regardless of the environment.

Ggmanlives covers Daikatana 1.3 Fan Patch improvements.

Download: https://bitbucket.or.../wiki/Downloads

Necroposting tralalala just don't want open new thread, k?

User is offline   axl 

Is it worth playing with the patch ?

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Never played it, but I'm gonna give it a go with the patch. First time I've wanted to.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options