Duke4.net Forums: Video Playthrough shows some problems - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video Playthrough shows some problems

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi guys,

Trying something different this time around with a video. I've played through a map I made and during the play through I encountered some strange behaviors. This might be an old documented bug i'm not sure as I was using Eduke 4065.

here is the play through link: http://youtu.be/SCWu1si_Cf0

at 8:27 seconds you will see a fight with a battlelord. I shrink him then he comes back. When he grows back he doesn't shoot me and I can walk up to him and push him around. I can't hit him either as my rockets go right through him.

Other strange occurances happen through this play through as well. Like collision detection with the shrinker is not very good shown at 8:22 marker and a door clipping issue at 1:09 which doesn't happen all the time at that spot. Anyway, just thought i'd make a post since this is the first time i've come across these type of issues while playing this map.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 24 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Ah, that kind of thing happened to me in there. I also learned in that room that you can freeze Battlelords (I never knew that!).

My thoughts are that maybe it's an overlapping or nearby sector, sprites think they belong to that. Or perhaps clipdist was changed for these sprites (I don't think the game corrects that at map load).

User is offline   MetHy 

I remember that BLord glitch happening to me long ago too.

Pretty sure it's a vanilla glitch.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options