Duke4.net Forums: TROR and clipshape problem - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TROR and clipshape problem

User is offline   Mark 

I don't know if this is a bug or just the logical way that TROR works. The clipshape of the bridge model does not block as it should when it is placed over this TROR water sector. I didn't try the bridge over a non TROR water sector but I'm assuming it would work because in that case I would have a solid floor in the above water sector for the clipshape to work from. With TROR, even though I hit blocking for the floor of the upper sector it must not be acting like a regular blocked floor and so the clipshape won't work. :P

edit: Same problem with the bridge going over a regular water sector too.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: tror.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 13 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Does it work over a normal sector with no tags at all?
Clipshapes might have got broken. :P

User is offline   Mark 

Clipshape does work on "dry land".

User is offline   Kyanos 

It's news to me about the water sector issue. I knew it won't work with TROR, offset the bridge model center so much that you can put the sprite on land, but "cast" the model over the TROR. Hacky but it can work. You also have to ALWAYS see the sector the bridge sprite is in.

User is offline   Mark 

That last sentence is the tricky part. I tried that with your bridge in our WGR2 project. I was able to keep the bridge from flickering out but the clipshape was still back at the point of origin and not the body of the bridge.
The comprimise this time was to put a child sector beneath the bridge in both TROR layers that is roughly the length and width of the bridge itself. This keeps the exact size between both layers. I didn't raise up either floor. I lotagged the bottom sector for underwater just like its parent sector and now the player notices absolutely no difference while underwater. The above water sector floor under the bridge is not tagged and is made transparent. So if the player is moving on the surface of the water there will be a small, short hop as you go over that sector under the bridge. From normal first person view its hardly noticable. But looks wise you see nothing of those added sectors. Good enough for me.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 13 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Do you mean the fact that you would "dip" into the bridge when it is placed in a ST1 sector? That was a clipshape omission indeed and it's fixed in r4574. Was the origin of WGR2's model of tile 7449 made outside the actual model for this reason? I think it should be reverted if the bug is gone for you. Thanks for reporting!

User is offline   Mark 

Yes. I made sure that the dip stayed above the boundry between upper and lower and the clipshape was not working.

I think the reason the WGR2 bridge was offset was because of the usual " can't see its origin sector so it disappears" thing.

I'm sure the fix will come in handy for other's and myself in the future. But for my present project I have to stay at version 4376 from back in March because after that version the behavoir of enemies and water was changed and I'm not smart enough to patch my con coding to fix things. Any new projects will for sure start with the latest and greatest. Thanks again.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostMark., on 13 July 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Clipshape does work on "dry land".

Yes... not sure if intended or a bug tho :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Fucking bots...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options