Duke4.net Forums: viewing models in mapster32 question... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

viewing models in mapster32 question...  "trying to figure out if its possible to display HRP models"

Hello im trying to figure out if its possible to have 3d models being displayed instead of sprites in mapster32.

so i know how there are model replacements for the orignal sprites in duke nukem.. these models can be seen once you have installed them from the HRP pack. im also working on makeing my own models some of my first and if i was to figure out how to get these models displaying in mapster32 it would really help my work.

so i know how to place sprites in mapster. i place a sprite with the S key in 2D mode. i then go to 3D mode and point my mouse at the sprite i just placed . once im pointing at it i press V and then V again to change the sprite to another.

i change it to the toilet num 569. i now have a 2d toliet sprite ( not 3d model ) in the middle of a sector. What i want to figure out is if it is possible to configure mapster32 so that it displays the HRP models when in 3d mode after i place a sprite with the S and change it with the V .

i have tryed a few things but no luck YET. so i figured i would ask.

This is what i have tryed so far.

Makeing a .BAT to start maspter32. i want dukeplus and the HRP models runing with it so i type this into the .bat:

mapster32.exe -polymer_hrp.zip -duke3ed_hrp.def -jhighres -jDukePlus -hdukeplus.def

i have also tryed a few other things but still failed. cant figure out how to make mapster32 display HRPs models for there related sprites.

so any reply will be thanked
i try not to start new topics unless i really really cant figure it out.
( also very importent had another question. is there a key in mapster32 that triggers some sort of test map mode? i would like a fast way to test my maps once i have made or added things to the map. prefibly a quick way to test new changes. cant find the key command for such a mode so i dont know if it is possible so i figured i would ask here) thanks you guys any help will enable me to get a step closer to my main goal of makeing TCs maps and models for the duke community.

EDIT: sorry you guys really stuck on this one still. Had to ask the question. I'll try to cut back on how meny posts I make. And sorry about my spelling you guys

This post has been edited by Snake Plissken: 08 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

i think you opened mapster32 in 8-bit mode, make sure to run it in 32-bit

User is offline   Mark 

Remove the e from duke3ed unless that is the name of your custom file.

In the 2D mode press escape and then choose T for test map. When the game quits it will take you back to mapster. Sometimes I have to press escape again to clear the screen when back in mapster.

I think Dukeplus comes with its own bat file for mapster??

This post has been edited by Mark.: 08 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Post☭ Ivan ☭, on 08 June 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

i think you opened mapster32 in 8-bit mode, make sure to run it in 32-bit

Thanks for the info. But you say to start it in 8bit and then you say in 32bit. Sorry unless I am not getting something; I wanted to ask; witch one is it do I start it in 32 bit or do I start it in 8 bit?

There is no option for what mode to run/start it with in the window that pops up when you start the exe so I figure I should find the command for 'start mapster32 in 8bit mode' so I can added it to my mapster32.bat . Not luck finding it YET but I'll keep looking for how to start it in 8 bit. In the meantime. Anyone "here" can tell me how to do it? Lol thanks no worrys if not.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT. Thanks for the help. I now know what you meant. 32 bpp 32 bit same thing Never using a iPad to comment on a forum again lol takes for ever!

This post has been edited by Snake Plissken: 08 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostMark., on 08 June 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Remove the e from duke3ed unless that is the name of your custom file.

In the 2D mode press escape and then choose T for test map. When the game quits it will take you back to mapster. Sometimes I have to press escape again to clear the screen when back in mapster.

I think Dukeplus comes with its own bat file for mapster??

Wow thanks for the info mark! Know how to test maps now Got it! Still have not figured out how to get the models to show in mapster but at least this way I can quickly test the map and see models in my test when duke is running. Thanks
O
It dose come with its own bat. Figured I may need to add to it in order to get models to show up in master32s display mode? I was told I may need to start mapster32 in 8 bit or 32 bit mode in order for the models to show up.

EDIT: Opps! Next time I'll multiquote and make it just 1 post! Sorry! Really messed up with all these posts. Won't happen again

I FiGURED IT OUT! I need to run 3d mode in 32 bpp under the setup tab in the starting window. Thanks for the help. Now I am set. Thank you

This post has been edited by Snake Plissken: 08 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options