Duke4.net Forums: Dark Level development - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Level development  "Reloading :-)"

Demo release

The protagonist - Victor, for a long time dreaming the same nightmare - he is on the bridge support going to jump.
One morning he woke up, he discovers that his wife had disappeared, and the familiar world has changed.
The author invites you to try the demo level long, long history.

The game is available in English, Russian and Spanish: DOWNLOAD

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 24 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I am glad to test this awesomeness.

Only one response in this thread. This looks very promising in graphics. I hope there is cool story behind this. And ofcourse, I can't wait to play this! Keep it up

User is offline   Mark 

I think he put out some others news about this mod in another thread before creating this one. Maybe that is why not much response. I hope the story line is as good as the graphics.

Demo done. Now I'm waiting for the English localization

Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Is Dark Level gonna be the name of the mod? It sounds too generic, or as if you were describing the mod, Imho you should change the name, even if the word "level" has something to do with the mod itself. BTW I love the bridge shot!

Can't wait to play! ^_^

View PostSimon_Croes, on 17 June 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Can't wait to play! ^_^

A person who speaks Russian and with native English can reduce waiting. Any one can help me?

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 17 June 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

A person who speaks Russian and with native English can reduce waiting. Any one can help me?

what kind of help do you need, translation?

View Post☭ Ivan ☭, on 17 June 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

what kind of help do you need, translation?

Watch private message

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 17 June 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'd say that the opposite is far more common here, lol. Post a file with the lines to translate and supplementary comments here, let's see if we can do some collaboration. Note that everyone who participates the translation should be mentioned in the mod's credits.

PS: Also I agree about the name, indie games are to have memorable and bold names like "Shithole" etc.

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 08 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostCraigFatman, on 08 July 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Note that everyone who participates the translation should be mentioned in the mod's credits.

Really, i can't believe it?! :P :P :P

ok, file here: https://yadi.sk/d/pdvsql9zVwJvG

file structure:

// *3001 Открыть дверь
definequote 3001 Open door <-- Translate "google eddition". Please correct, if not properly

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 09 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

also some string:

Spoiler

User is offline   Mark 

Lisa, I need to leave for a short time. I'll leave the key in apartment 25. While I am gone, make yourself at home!

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 09 July 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Really, i can't believe it?! :P :P :P

ok, file here: https://yadi.sk/d/pdvsql9zVwJvG

file structure:

// *3001 Открыть дверь
definequote 3001 Open door <-- Translate "google eddition". Please correct, if not properly

there are lots of mistakes, i'll correct them in no time

This post has been edited by Ivan Jäger: 09 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostIvan Jäger, on 09 July 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

there are lots of mistakes, i'll correct them in no time

Cool. I'll upload my version shortly. Should be comprehensible, but may possibly need to be polished by others. Stay tuned. Then we can integrate what we've done.

quotes.con said:

This chair on which I came.

xD
*facepalm*

View PostCraigFatman, on 09 July 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

xD
*facepalm*

It is a chair on which I regained consciousness :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Sounds perfectly normal to me :P

It's the chair you came to yourself in! =P Maybe you should take English course as well, lol. These languages (ru-RU and en-US) are way too different for machine translation to be feasible...

Attached File  quotes00.con (10.14K)
Number of downloads: 261

Anyways, here's what I've done so far (spoiling content!). Tried to format the quotes to have 40 characters per line, so you may give this a try.

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 09 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Spanish localization here!

Posted Image

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Mr. Alias Nameless, on Jul 14 2014, 09:19 PM, said:

Spanish localization here!

That's kind of cool, as a native Spanish speaker is always heartwarming to see that my language is taken in consideration when translating projects such as this. :P

BTW, I know that the Spanish translation of 'strange' (or 'weird') is 'extraño' (or 'extrano', if your keyboard lack a 'ñ' :P), but it should sound more natural if you add 'qué' before (Qué extraño...).
As for the rest of the text, it sounds perfect. Can't you add accents? (Just being curious, not critical)

Keep up the good work! :P

View PostRhaiNukem, on 14 July 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

That's kind of cool, as a native Spanish speaker is always heartwarming to see that my language is taken in consideration when translating projects such as this. :P

BTW, I know that the Spanish translation of 'strange' (or 'weird') is 'extraño' (or 'extrano', if your keyboard lack a 'ñ' :P), but it should sound more natural if you add 'qué' before (Qué extraño...).
As for the rest of the text, it sounds perfect. Can't you add accents? (Just being curious, not critical)

Keep up the good work! :P

Very difficult to use the characters not english alphabet, because in the engine, there is no possibility of localization. Maybe I'll add a symbol 'ñ'. But not accents because they are obtained by pressing two keys: e` o` ... etc

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Should be easy enough just to add ~ ` ´ separately.

View PostMr. Alias Nameless, on 09 July 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

disclamer
Данная игра сделана на движке, находящимся в стадии тестирования . Игра не коммерческая и распространя ется "как есть". Автор оставляет за собой право не осуществлять поддержку пользователе й.

Disclaimer: this game is powered by an engine being in the testing stage. The game is non-commercial and is distributed "as is". The author reserves his right not to provide user support.

Лиза, мне нужно выйти ненадолго. Я оставлю ключ в квартире 25. Пока меня не будет, чувствуй себя как дома!

Mark has provided a correct translation. Here's a more 'colloqial' form:
Lisa, I'mma leave for a short time. The key is in apartment 25. While I'm gone, feel homey!

Note that we never say 'sms' for text messages (unlike Russian).

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 15 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

Ok do an experiment. Anyone who wants to participate in the localization welcome here

This post has been edited by Mr. Alias Nameless: 07 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I've made some small alterations to the English part of that that scanned strangely.

There are a few lines I'm not sure of as you need to know what is going on in the game to get the right feel for them.

1. "There is a key in the palm" - Is there a key in a palm tree, or is there a key in the palm of someone's hand? If it was in the hand of the mannequin you'd say "There was a key in it's palm" or "I found a key in the palm of it's hand."

2. "There is shower out of the window" This sounds like there is a spray of water coming out of the window, or a shower cubicle is visible through the window. Is it raining? If it's raining, you can say "I can see rain through the window". If the player can see the rain through the window, then all you have to do is remark "It's raining." or, if you want to get across that its been raining for a while and set a mood: "It's still raining, how long can this go on for?"

View PostTea Monster, on 16 July 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

I've made some small alterations to the English part of that that scanned strangely.

There are a few lines I'm not sure of as you need to know what is going on in the game to get the right feel for them.

1. "There is a key in the palm" - Is there a key in a palm tree, or is there a key in the palm of someone's hand? If it was in the hand of the mannequin you'd say "There was a key in it's palm" or "I found a key in the palm of it's hand."

2. "There is shower out of the window" This sounds like there is a spray of water coming out of the window, or a shower cubicle is visible through the window. Is it raining? If it's raining, you can say "I can see rain through the window". If the player can see the rain through the window, then all you have to do is remark "It's raining." or, if you want to get across that its been raining for a while and set a mood: "It's still raining, how long can this go on for?"

1. "I found a key in the palm of it's hand.".Ok thats better
2. Just a heavy rain outside the window

• Polymancer

If the player can see or hear the rain outside the window, you'd want to say something more, or describe it in someway. Otherwise it's going to sound strange.

If it's been raining for a while you could put "It's still raining." If you want to set a mood of a gloomy rain-soaked day, you could say "It's still raining?" You could put something like "It's still raining? It's not not stopped all week!" Depends on what mood you want to set.

Where I live we would say "Christ, it's pissing it down outside!", but I wouldn't advise that you use that! :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I think you've not not made a typo.

Btw I'd strongly suggest avoiding using the word "its" to describe a person. His or her would be a million times better, to the point that I'd make a gender up if it hasn't been set already.

• Polymancer

I think he's talking about a mannequin. If so, then 'it's' would be right. If it's a person, then you are right. It might sound better if you use 'he' or 'she' anyway.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 16 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options