Duke4.net Forums: Noesis and DNF question... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Noesis and DNF question...  "is it possible to find textures for static mesh props"

Im working with a few game engines and i would like to and always have in mind duke nukem. i would like to make my own duke nukem homebrew game at any cost. so with that i have in mind to export 3d models with there related textures from Duke Nukem Forever. i would like to use anything that is at my hands reach. that would include props used in duke nukem forever.

at the momment i want world objects and props so this is what i have done:

Useing Noesis i goto Duke Nukem Forever/ StaticMeshes/ and i extract the contents of StaticMeshes.dat

I now have the models ( .smsh files in a series of folders ) things like the basketball hoops arcade machine and chairs from the strip club.

ok but now how do i go about getting the textures for these models. are they stored in Duke Nukem Forever/ Textures/ .dat ? i here storys of others extracting models with textures but have failed a few times and have not found a good method YET. so WILE i STILL work on it i figured i would ask this question here and thanks. also sorry for my spelling.

NOTE: Im looking for the textures for the models so i can wrap the model with its texture, place it in homebrew game or reduce polycount and place in homebrew engine.

This post has been edited by Snake Plissken: 30 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostSnake Plissken, on 30 May 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

i would like to make my own duke nukem homebrew game at any cost. so with that i have in mind to export 3d models with there related textures from Duke Nukem Forever.

That's your first problem.

User is offline   Hank 

as Commando Nukem wrote,
still to get all those textures simply follow the instructions below
http://www.richwhite...x.php?postid=65

Since you work directly with game engines, just start with free textures.
https://duckduckgo.c...xtures+seamless

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options