Duke4.net Forums: HRP + POLYMER + AMD + WIN8 = Damn! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HRP + POLYMER + AMD + WIN8 = Damn!

Hi Guys, i am new here and since this is my first post i want to thank all the people involved in Duke Nukem 3D Modding Community! Thanks for supporting the most badass game ever! :)

Now to my issues ... D:

So 3 days ago i had spare time so i decided to play some Duke, i purchased MEGATON on STEAM, and downloaded latest HRP, waited the installation process so could finale enjoy some Duke HRP at @60fps, but unfortunately i came across several issues:

-The Eduke32 recognize my STEAM version, but dont show the GRPs, i had to manually copy from my duke instalation folder.
-The Eduke32 that came with HRP have some sort of Stutter problem when load 3D models or Textures, the DukePlus one dont.
-I cant enable On Disk Cache no matter what.
-Controller Button mapping menu is broken.
-Very Low fps with Polymer render even at @720p, about 20fps inside the cinema, bathroom or every place that is not a corner. ;)

My specs:
OS Windows 8 Pro x64
AMD FX8350 @Stock
AMD Sapphire HD7970 @Bios 2
ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Corsair Vengeance 16GB @1333
SSD Kingston 128GB (OS)
HDD WD Blue 1TB (Storage)

I also tested on a fresh OS install
All my drivers are Updated

I know that AMD have some issues with HRP but 20fps on a HD7970 sounds odd to me. :)
PS: Sorry for any typos.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostEpic Sax Nukem, on 20 May 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

-I cant enable On Disk Cache no matter what.

This is disabled for ATI users and can't be enabled because it causes other issues.

-Controller Button mapping menu is broken.

Controllers have always been buggy with eduke.

-The Eduke32 that came with HRP have some sort of Stutter problem when load 3D models or Textures, the DukePlus one dont.
-Very Low fps with Polymer render even at @720p, about 20fps inside the cinema, bathroom or every place that is not a corner. :)

In short, Polymer is not designed for ATI hardware, if you want the best experience out of Polymer your going to have to get a nvidia card.

View PostThe Commander, on 20 May 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

This is disabled for ATI users and can't be enabled because it causes other issues.

Humm ...

Controllers have always been buggy with eduke.

Thats ok i guess, since priority on PC is K&M, i just wanted to play on my X360 pad natively, but i can use Xpadder no problem. ^^

In short, Polymer is not designed for ATI hardware, if you want the best experience out of Polymer your going to have to get a nvidia card.

Yeah i know, AMD ... i have no problem in buying a Geforce Card, i think i gonna get a 9800GT or maybe a 750Ti. :)

Thanks for the Help! :)

Get a GTX 570 and you should be good.

User is offline   Paul B 

I hope that computer runs longer than 3 months for your sake. Make sure you have a good backup of all your important information & don't rely on that WD Blue drive. These new UEFI system boards are just problematic.The fact that Microsoft is embedding their product key into the bios is just another step closer for Microsoft attempting to dominate and control the PC market. Microsoft has entered into a downward spiral, hopefully something changes soon for the sake of the industry.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

Bumping dead ass shit threads.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options