Duke4.net Forums: Recon Pig Cops - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recon Pig Cops  "Flying Pigs"

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi there,

I think this might have been a known issue in the original Duke 3D game itself. As I seem to semi recall a problem with E1L2 having this problem. But I'm curious to know if this would be a difficult fix or not?

My observation when using Recon Pig Cops in a level which have a difficulty applied to them will not show up in the game unless they are set for the difficulty you have chosen. However, Let's say you add a Recon Pig cop to a map and give him a difficulty of 3. Before you start the map you choose "piece of cake" difficulty and when you finish the level the Flying Recon Pig cop will get counted as an enemy in the map even though he doesn't appear. Would this be a difficult thing to fix for Eduke as it mis-reports the total enemy count for my Duke Hard level.

Of course removing the difficulty attribute on these enemies resolves the problem.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

This post has been edited by Paul B: 18 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The enemy count at the end of level has always been fucked up in Duke 3D.

User is offline   NNC 

Sharks and slimer eggs are problematic as well. If there are many eggs in the map, the counter becomes full way before the map finish.

Plus if you freeze the eggs, they will usually produce another slimer when they thaw out... At least they did, I don't know if EDuke32 fixed that as it's a long time since I tried.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Slimers shouldn't even count as enemies when calculating the total, imo. And yeah, thawed eggs will hatch another slimer because the CON script for them is based on actions, which gets reset when they are frozen. It could easily be fixed with modified script -- Fox could add it to his fix collection if he hasn't already.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options