• You cannot reply to this topic

My computer won't boot up :(  "Help!"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 11 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't think I had anyone that recently upgraded their card.

Protected by Viper, on 11 May 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

The 660 has dual PCI-E power connectors unlike the 9800GT. Hopefully the new card comes with a power adapter and the Dell PSU isn't a weak piece of shit.

I can see 2 PCI E power connectors, which I take is a good thing?

Btw I got a decent deal with the XPS 420. They were discontinuing it so it was on sale, but was a pretty powerful computer at the time.

Edit: It seems that a lot of the cards I'm interested in are too wide to fit in my computer :)

2nd edit: It seems the PSU is 425W while the requirement for the card is 450. I don't think that's a good sign...
Starting to think I should just take it to a shop and have a professional give his opinion of it, since I don't really have time to be tinkering around.

This post has been edited by Mickey C: 12 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

find a 9800 GTX.
i personally wouldn't spend a bunch on a video card for that comp.

it's easy to make fun of Dell (or other generic slap together with cheap parts companies), but if the stock parts are still in it, the board is intel TP406, LGA 775. The only major issue those boards had was with the sound not working.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options