Duke4.net Forums: How to get black bars on the sides? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get black bars on the sides?  "Like on games with 4:3 ratio without widescreen support"

I like to play with the HUD bar as it makes it easier to check the ammo for various weapons, but the problem is that, in EDuke32, the bar is cut on the sides when using a widescreen resolution. I figure a fix for this would be to add the black bars to the sides of the screen and run it as if it was a 4:3 display, but I haven't seen an option in the EDuke32 menu to do that. At least, out of the ones I've tried, none did it.

So, is it possible to do it? Would also fix the weapons like RPG and Freezer being way too much to the side of the screen.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

EDuke32's widescreen is perfect Horiz+, so your reasons for wanting a pillarboxed mode don't make much sense. Try pressing [+] one time at your current HUD setting. This will overlay the status bar on the weapon like the mini status bars. Then, shrink the "status bar scale" setting. Bam.

Throw this patch in autoload. If you don't have any loose eduke.con or duke3d.def files, it will add Jimmy's widescreen tiles from Megaton and remove the "align to the right side of the screen" HUD bits. (Incompatible with HRP.) http://hendricks266....een_weapons.zip

Sorry Hendricks, I'm a bit late. B) You're right, EDuke32's widescreen is perfect, so pillarboxing the screen would be redundant.

What I wanted is to stretch the HUD bar to cover the whole screen, but considering EDuke32 is compatible with widescreen, it would look horrible...

And thanks for the patch!

User is offline   mono20 

View PostHendricks266, on 07 May 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

Throw this patch in autoload. If you don't have any loose eduke.con or duke3d.def files, it will add Jimmy's widescreen tiles from Megaton and remove the "align to the right side of the screen" HUD bits. (Incompatible with HRP.) http://hendricks266....een_weapons.zip

Sounds great but I can't get the patch running even in a clean installation. Is it just me or is there anything wrong with it?

• Weaponized Autism

Do you not have autoload enabled in the startup window?

User is offline   mono20 

Autoload is enabled. Sorry I didn't mention it.

Edit: I just renamed the autoload folder to addons and enabled that one in the startup menu. This works.

:D

This post has been edited by mono20: 12 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I should have been more specific: Keep the zip file intact in autoload.

User is offline   mono20 

View Postmono20, on 11 August 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Is it just me

I was quite sure it is... Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options