Duke4.net Forums: Why is everyone so afraid of slimers? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why is everyone so afraid of slimers?  "I mean really"

Everywhere I go there seems to be at least one person who's afraid of them.

Slimers are the typical "only for show" enemies. They barely do any damage, but they have this potential of intimidating people and making them appear more dangerous than they really are. I admit to jumping in my seat if I'm fooling around and an unsuspecting slimer jumps on me, which is why I try to kill them as soon as possible, but an enemy that can be killed by changing weapons shouldn't scare so many people.

Personally, I'm much more scared of Battelords. This has to do with the fact that they don't appear in the booklet. So, when I was playing E2M3 and saw one for the first time, along with the sounds it makes and the fact I couldn't kill him with a single RPG rocket (back then I though the RPG killed everything in a single hit), I was terrified. It took a while for me to cope with this, and I still have Battlelord positions memorized so that I'm prepared for them whenever they appear. Levels like Lunatic Fringe (where there are four of them) are still a nightmare for me, though. Screw those fuckers.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   X-Vector 

The difference is that the tentacles on the Protozoid Slimers are trivial and that the creature does very little damage, while being incredibly easy to kill.
Blood's Choking Hands seem to be a lot more intimidating.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You can always hear them moving about, plus any veteran player knows their location as well.

Plus the fact that you can just quick kick them away without any issue makes me wonder the same thing.

User is offline   Outtagum 

It's funny when they eat other enemies whole.

But Facehuggers are pretty much a death sentence! Unlike Slimers.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Absolutely Terrified!

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

They don't scare me at all. I actually like tracking them all down and killing them.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Why is it that every couple of months one of these threads show up?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

HEY GUYZ I HAVE NO AVATAR AND WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS 15 YEAR OLD TOPIC

Posted Image

User is offline   uh . . . . 

^
Is that picture suppose to represent your post?

I don't have an avatar because I'm lazy. >.>

User is offline   blitzer 

Slimers never scared me. They creep up to your face too slowly. But facehuggers from the first AVP game freaked the hell out of me when I was a kid:

Watch the first part.

User is offline   ZedSlayer 

Just something about them bothers me in a way I cant describe, yeah they are shit for health, yeah you can just quick kick and they die instantly, but they way the move with the sprite stretching, the sounds they make, and the way the maw just covers your face just gets to me on some unexplainable phobia level that I try to get over but just keeps getting to me.

User is offline   FTW23065 

I used to be scared of Slimers as a kid, I was afraid to go into vents lol.

This post has been edited by FTW23065: 01 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

User is offline   Cage 

I was never really scared of the slimers I consider them more annoying. They did made me jump when one suddenly crawled on Duke's face though. Nowadays, I've been playing this game for too long to be fazed by that.

The hands in Blood give me an immediate panic attack though B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options