Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

Yes.

So there's a delay on 3DR's end too?

User is offline   Lunick 

r.i.p. http://forums.3dreal...534&postcount=3

Posted Image

Somewhere out there, Dr. Proton is crying.

Bombshell is cool, so it's not a major loss.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 03 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Somewhere out there, Dr. Proton is crying.

Bombshell is cool, so it's not a major loss.

I ... I'm not crying. I'm just cutting onions, okay ? >.<

Eugh, this sucks...

Though it's exactly what I suspected was going on.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Perfect, we are promised that it will at least happen, eventually. That's all that matters.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 03 March 2015 - 10:13 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Nothing has really changed with this--3DR's part of it doesn't involve actually having to assign employees to do anything, so it should be of no surprise or concern that they aren't planning on actively doing something in that area now, as that isn't (and hasn't been) the arrangement.

So, don't worry guys. Evan and I will prepare further things to show you once Duke Nukem 3D: Hail to the King Collection has shipped. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostLunick, on 03 March 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

So Joe got his control back.

RIP betas.

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

I don't know why everyone, or the few are using RIP. TX and Hendricks said they worked on putting them together, and will continue to do so. So we will eventually see them, just not before we all age a bit tho.
I guess according to what someone posted on the 3DR forum its been since April of last year since they announced they will be coming.
We just have to wait I guess until they release that android port before they get time. Money first, volunteer work later.

• Ancient Blood God

It's a joke.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostCorvin, on 04 March 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

I don't know why everyone, or the few are using RIP. TX and Hendricks said they worked on putting them together, and will continue to do so. So we will eventually see them, just not before we all age a bit tho.
I guess according to what someone posted on the 3DR forum its been since April of last year since they announced they will be coming.
We just have to wait I guess until they release that android port before they get time. Money first, volunteer work later.

Until 3DR actually "released" something about Betas, so I guess it's normal, since seems always happens on something related 3DR. :)

I don't care whenever they release something, just wait, unless they officially canceled it.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 06 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Colour me stupid, but it looks like more people are looking forward to the alpha/beta releases a lot more than Bombshell coming out.

Was the alpha thing just a ploy for the time being to direct all attention to the new 3dr?

Is this an indication that the new game Bombshell will sell poorly and be ill-received?

Is this a bad sign for the new 3dr?

I've noticed a trend in the video game industry of producing big hype and then failing to meet or exceed expectations.

It's the games and companies that actually listen to their consumer base and deliver on-time with a WOW worthy product that do well.

I won't say anything else about this because it's true and it pisses people off.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostRobman, on 06 March 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Was the alpha thing just a ploy for the time being to direct all attention to the new 3dr?

Yes, but they will still release the ALPHA and BETAs.

I've noticed a trend in the video game industry of producing big hype and then failing to meet or exceed expectations.

These are two different things. One is that they make huge investments on advertisement. The second is the quality of recent games.

It's the games and companies that actually listen to their consumer base and deliver on-time with a WOW worthy product that do well.

They did listened to fans regarding Bombshell concept art.

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

I don't think the new 3DR is like the old. Different management and different standards. G.B. is gone and Joe S. reveals more than whats in the coke machine now. I don't think their lips are tied as they once where.

The only concern I have once the archives are completed is how long will it take on 3DR's side to post them, then how many at once will they release, hopefully a few sets at once and not over a long period of time.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I'm still waiting for the continuation of design tips from Tom Hall

I can't possibly make all these maps for Duke3D without those tips!!!!!!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

One of Tom Hall's tips was essentially to avoid back-tracking. Duke maps do that all the time.

• Ancient Blood God

Duke map do it cleverly in a order of quick succession instead of the tedious long-winded walks back that other games usually do.

3DRealms, "carrot on a stick"-ing like it's 1999 :)

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Hi Guys.

A small update on 3D Realms Betas.
We've been knee-deep in the Bombshell Re-Reveal the past 4-6 months.
We revealed the first gameplay last week.

We're aiming to drastically increase the activity of 3DR Articles, Beta Releases, etc. the next couple of months.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

https://youtu.be/mfHCBO_OSlk

This post has been edited by Dr_Proton: 14 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Here's hoping.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Don't too excited until something actually happens.

Whee ... another carrot while mentioning where to leave our money in the future :)

I'll pass on bombshell til there's beta stuff, it's as easy as that.

User is offline   Martin 

Saw that other thread. Sorry to hear about the fans invading your privacy, Fresch. I wanted to ask, to what extent do you have materials for, specifically betas? For example, do you just have all the PC stuff, or do you have betas for all the weird and wonderful console spin-offs that weren't made at 3D Realms? Imagine a beta for the Mega Drive version.. lol!!

*starts petition for source code release of Mega Drive Duke*

This post has been edited by Martin: 16 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I don't think the mega drive version is in their archives because it wasn't a 3dr title.

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php?p=965456&postcount=3

We know we've kept you waiting, but we're finally wrapping up and you can expect Duke Nukem 3D alpha and beta material by the end of the month.

User is offline   Lunick 

April Fools?

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7366-duke3d-sw-earlyalphabetagold-material/ page__pid__220915__st__1350#entry220915
No this is...

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 01 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

No beta content to post here, but I thought you'd all be interested in seeing a message posted relatively recently by Chuck Jones on his portfolio site:

Chuck Jones said:

Entry: 02

I want to thank everyone for all the traffic I've gotten recently. Duke 4, Facepunch, Combine Wiki to name a few. Many people have interest about the images and if I have more or of higher resolution. Some of the games were so long ago there have been format changes, some I have trouble viewing reliably. Also I want to state that Valve(Half Life, Tf) and Gearbox(Duke Nukem) are the owners of the intellectual property. I'm only showing what I've been involved with the last 20 years in the game industry. Thanks to everyone for stopping by. I'll keep trying to update with new (and some older) images.

Note the date says February 2014, but I'm pretty sure that's an error. He appears to have added this message within the last four or so months.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options