Duke4.net Forums: Exploding Crack Palette 1 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exploding Crack Palette 1

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi guys,

I've built a level with Multiplayer Co-op in mind for Megaton. While we were testing it out I noticed that in a Co-Op game I had a few bugs. Or maybe I just don't fully understand how Palettes work on sprites. I have a wall with a crack that has a palette of 1 which I thought meant the crack would only appear in Duke Death match. But the Crack appears in Co-op as well. This causes a big problem for the level and game play in co-op mode. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Also I noticed in Megaton while playing in Co-op that I could only pick up one pipebomb and one laser trip mine. It wouldn't pick up more than one item .

Anyway, I'm more concerned about how these cracks are supposet to work with a Palette of 1. Shouldn't that only be visible in death match only? Co-op should play just like single player should it not?

This post has been edited by Paul B: 12 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I thought pal 2 was for deathmatch only? Or is that something I coded for a mod once.... :blink:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's not a palate of 1, it's any non-zero pal that does it. These things will appear in both coop and DM games, except for switches which will only appear in DM games. There may be some trick but you'll have to ask someone else about that.
Source: http://infosuite.duk..._sprites_nomap3

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostPaul B, on 12 March 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Also I noticed in Megaton while playing in Co-op that I could only pick up one pipebomb and one laser trip mine. It wouldn't pick up more than one item .

Because these are counted as a weapon like the pistol, shotgun, rpg sprites and not the ammo.
As you should know you can only pick up one weapon sprite.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostThe Commander, on 13 March 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

Because these are counted as a weapon like the pistol, shotgun, rpg sprites and not the ammo.
As you should know you can only pick up one weapon sprite.

Strange that it works in single player and death match but not Co-op. This game has a lot of quirks.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

That is just the way COOP works and has been since 1.3

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostThe Commander, on 13 March 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

That is just the way COOP works and has been since 1.3

Well I'm just glad someone knows the answers! Thanks, i'll keep this in mind when I'm mapping.

I guess you could move the crack onto a small elevator sector (so thin the player can't see it) and then set player 2's spawn point to some conveyor belt sector off the edge of the map somewhere, that would contain a touchplate which would only work once and raise the elevator (thus presenting the crack to the players) - at the end of the belt you would place a small silent one-way teleport sector to bring the player to the desired starting location. You could texture those sectors with the BLANK tile and set the belt stupidly fast, eliminating almost any indication to the player that this was happening.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options