Duke4.net Forums: XXX Pack with HRP using latest eDuke32 results in semi-transparent parts of mesh - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

XXX Pack with HRP using latest eDuke32 results in semi-transparent parts of mesh

User is offline   deuxsonic 

While using the XXX pack with the latest HRP release and newest eDuke32 (polymer renderer), I've noticed that the parts of the meshes that are supposed to be invisible are now showing up. I asked NightFright about it since the XXX pack is his work, and he suggested asking about it here.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Making the bra skins transparent was more like a hack than a real fix. The model layer causing the problem still exists, and I guess as long as no one edits the model(s) to remove the parts that aren't supposed to show up, there is always the risk of having these kinda problems.

The shadows that meshes can cast on themselves now or some other feature of the way the polymer engine is doing lighting might be the culprit as these parts appear darker rather than completely transparent.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

A lot of the minor NPCs are overdue for a facelift in the HRP. No one wants to do them though because they are minor characters and there are a lot of other props that are in the "not even started" category. Also, the people who were involved in the HRP making organic and animated models are doing other projects.

I always thought the stripper model from early on in the HRP was good but it was replaced with one that isn't as good.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options