Duke4.net Forums: Respawn Behaviour [fixed] - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Respawn Behaviour [fixed]

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

EDuke32 does not spawn keycards when running with monsters off ( /m aka -m parameter). DOS Duke and all other ports including Megaton do. (JonoF up to 2004-10-13, later builds bail out with "Failed loading art.") All EDuke32 versions back to 2006-05-14 seem affected.

EDIT: Example maps: Simple Minded, KaiseR Land 01

This post has been edited by LeoD: 01 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Works fine for me in the case I looked at. Test map attached, it's "Simple Minded" slightly edited for testing convenience.
Of course, there may be variables affecting the appearance of the bug that happened to have the right values for me.

Lesson from the dozen or so recent bug reports: please do provide a concrete map, plus explicit instructions on how to reproduce one particular bug. Because then it'll be easier on my side figuring out what the reason might be that I'm not seeing it (as in Daedolon's Mapster32 ceiling texture bug), Otherwise, I have to consider a combinatorial number of cases.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Starting with nothing but GRP, maps, and executables (I DNCLIPed back to the usual starting letter "D"):
Using the switch should shut down the forcefields and spawn two blue keys; the latter does not happen in both original and modified map.
Attached Image: qduke-switch.jpgAttached Image: qduke-a.jpgAttached Image: qduke-b.jpgb.jpg]

The same happens [not] when running up to the first blue keylock in ksr_01 (key is supposed to be spawned behind you).

Attached File(s)

• EDuke32 Developer

Fixed in r4276. That's one long-standing bug less *hands over glass of champagne to LeoD*.

The reason was keeping a break that formerly resided in a switch.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHelixhorned, on 29 January 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Fixed in r4276. That's one long-standing bug less *hands over glass of champagne to LeoD*.
Turn it into a decent bottle of beer and I might feel motivated to tackle the next issue on my list ...

• EDuke32 Developer

Does the fate of humanity depend on it? If not, I'd rather keep my beer for myself, thank you :(.

I'm still curious about that item though... or that list...

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHelixhorned, on 30 January 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Does the fate of humanity depend on it? If not, I'd rather keep my beer for myself, thank you :(.
As much as on the r4276 fix, I suppose.

I'm still curious about that item though
Here you go.

... or that list...
When playing or making maphacks I encounter undesirable behaviour of EDuke32 or Mapster32 regularly. If it's no show-stopper, I will likely drop a note into my To-Do list (and sometimes dealing with it gets postponed for months). It usually takes some time to hunt down an issue and turn it into a bug report, a feature/change request, or proof of another OSI level 8 brain fart.
Therefore that list itself isn't of much use to anyone but me, unless you yearn for more reports like

sound works no good plz fix ASAP!!!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoD, on 30 January 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

It usually takes some time to hunt down an issue and turn it into a bug report, a feature/change request, or proof of another OSI level 8 brain fart.

Kudos for that--your bug reports kick ass.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Indeed they do!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Speaking of respawn behaviour - I'd really appreciate if
[FEATURE REQUEST]
spawned objects were able to inherit the maphacked properties of their parent.
( tile0009 respawn, canwithsomething[2|3|4] )

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options