Duke4.net Forums: [Wip] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown - Duke4.net Forums

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Wip] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown  "Full mod, not lite version"

i'm noticing from the pics from Megaton that the TM Duke model seems to only show when standing still and when moving. it's normal Duke 3D model. so i guess the missing tiles of the TM Duke model moving is what's missing?

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 03 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

User is offline   Joshua 

View PostNukemRoses, on 03 September 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

i'm noticing from the pics from Megaton that the TM Duke model seems to only show when standing still and when moving. it's normal Duke 3D model. so i guess the missing tiles of the TM Duke model moving is what's missing?

All of Duke's sprites are redone in Total Meltdown, which means that the sprites for Duke jumping, crouching, etc., are missing as well.

This post has been edited by Joshua: 03 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostJoshua, on 03 September 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

All of Duke's sprites are redone in Total Meltdown, which means that the sprites for Duke jumping, crouching, etc., are missing as well.

hm. well hopefully they can be found. if not, then it can just be normal Duke 3D model while everything else is in TM fashion. anyway. thanks for the reply

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 03 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostFox, on 23 July 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

- Shade and translucency tables;

The only thing left. I will need with this, since I couldn't do it on my own. (and please don't tell me to use Mapster console because I already failed on it)

I need to remap the shade table without glowmaps and an additive translucency table (same 33% and 67% as vanilla).

This post has been edited by Fox: 04 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostFox, on 04 September 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

The only thing left. I will need with this, since I couldn't do it on my own. (and please don't tell me to use Mapster console because I already failed on it)

I need to remap the shade table without glowmaps and an additive translucency table (same 33% and 67% as vanilla).

sounds like a special version of mapster is needed

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNukemRoses, on 04 September 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

sounds like a special version of mapster is needed

What is that supposed to mean? I legitimately don't understand.

View PostHendricks266, on 05 September 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

What is that supposed to mean? I legitimately don't understand.

i don't know. random thought i guess. just thinking out loud i suppose

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 05 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

User is offline   Joshua 

I've managed to rip almost all of duke's sprites with the help of 3D Ripper DX and Dark Byte's Cheat Engine.

This post has been edited by Joshua: 14 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

User is offline   Fox 

Thank you, that's quite usefull. :)

But how exactly your method works, you ripped from the RAM memory? I know that's what Darkus did, I on the other hand only managed to intercept the OpenGL render.

Edit: Your sprites seems to be better than the ones from Darkus. Apparently he needed to look for the palettes in the RAM after ripping the sprites, and he incorrectly assigned player 3 pal (#11) to it.

Why did you say "almost" all of the sprites? I think they are all there.

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

Man I love Duke4 they always find away to get the missing pieces, keep up the good work.

User is offline   Joshua 

View PostFox, on 14 September 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Thank you, that's quite usefull. :)

But how exactly your method works, you ripped from the RAM memory? I know that's what Darkus did, I on the other hand only managed to intercept the OpenGL render.

Edit: Your sprites seems to be better than the ones from Darkus. Apparently he needed to look for the palettes in the RAM after ripping the sprites, and he incorrectly assigned player 3 pal (#11) to it.

Not quite, but the method is very similar.

I did notice that the color of duke's pants were a bit off, But I got to admit that Darkus tried hard on getting the duke sprites to the correct palette.

Edit: Duke doesn't appear to have any frames of him flying the jetpack. His standing frames are used instead for unknown reasons. I've tried getting the flying frames while looking at a mirror and I saw that he doesn't have any frames of him flying.

This post has been edited by Joshua: 14 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Oh shit, I have never noticed that.

Posted Image

Edit: I assume then you can only rip what you can see, or so?

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

User is offline   Joshua 

View PostFox, on 14 September 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Oh shit, I have never noticed that.

Posted Image

Yeah. It's weird. The flying sprites are the only sprites I don't have. Everything else is good.

Edit: True.

This post has been edited by Joshua: 14 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

Question why is Duke so big in the picture is it some type of error?

This post has been edited by The Elite Duke Force: 14 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

View PostThe Elite Duke Force, on 14 September 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Question why is Duke so big in the picture is it some type of error?

Duke isn't big, hes actually using the jetpack but because there are no frames of Duke flying then it makes it look as though Duke is really big. When Duke uses the jetpack on Total Meltdown it uses the standing frames instead of the flying frames like on the PC version.

View PostMav3r1ck, on 15 September 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

Duke isn't big, hes actually using the jetpack but because there are no frames of Duke flying then it makes it look as though Duke is really big. When Duke uses the jetpack on Total Meltdown it uses the standing frames instead of the flying frames like on the PC version.

that's really weird. they have pretty much all of Duke's other animation frame things, but not of him flying? they could of used Duke's jumping frames for him using the jetpack. it's just as weird as seeing him walking in the air when using the jetpack on the doom mod Samsara

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 15 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostNukemRoses, on 15 September 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

that's really weird. they have pretty much all of Duke's other animation frame things, but not of him flying? they could of used Duke's jumping frames for him using the jetpack. it's just as weird as seeing him walking in the air when using the jetpack on the doom mod Samsara

To be honest, I never noticed this because I don't think I've ever used a jetpack in front of a mirror before ingame. I don't know if this is an error or a mistake but it's strange seeing Duke like that when flying. I'd stick with the original PC sprite instead.

User is offline   Fox 

They may have removed frames to save space in the RAM, like they did with the Shrinker or Freezethrower.

to me i find that kinda odd about there being no room left for the flying frame animations, if that was the case. best idea to perhaps fill in that gap is to use the jumping frames from TM. or just stick with the original PC sprites instead like Mav3r1ck said

User is offline   NNC 

I hate to be that guy again, but is there any relevance of the missing flying sprites to the actual non-release of DNTM? Especially the lite version which won't add any existing art replacements, only the new things?

User is offline   Fox 

I was about to release a "Lite" version because I didn't had the content, but I have it now. And it has no relevance because they probably don't even exist.

Like I said before, the only thing left is for me to find a way to get an additive translucency table.

Will the lite version be released soon?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMav3r1ck, on 15 September 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Will the lite version be released soon?

Very soon. Here is a preview.

View PostHendricks266, on 15 September 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Very soon. Here is a preview.

All I see is a white page, I don't see anything.

• Weaponized Autism

You may need to update your browser to something compliant with the HTML5 spec. Or perhaps your connection is too slow and it is taking a while to load.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostFox, on 15 September 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I was about to release a "Lite" version because I didn't had the content, but I have it now. And it has no relevance because they probably don't even exist.

Like I said before, the only thing left is for me to find a way to get an additive translucency table.

Do we really need this content anyway? I'm not sure what others think about it, but I strongly prefer a version with all classic EDuke stuff being kept intact, and the new 5th (6th/7th/8th) episode appears in the listing with the new levels with the actual new art, sound, Duketalk etc. Of course a full version would be nice, but it's really the lesser priority, and I doubt people would really prefer that over the Lite.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 15 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 15 September 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

You may need to update your browser to something compliant with the HTML5 spec. Or perhaps your connection is too slow and it is taking a while to load.

Ok, I was able to view the page but all I got was a weird youtube video. O.o

View PostNancsi, on 15 September 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Do we really need this content anyway? I'm not sure what others think about it, but I strongly prefer a version with all classic EDuke stuff being kept intact, and the new 5th (6th/7th/8th) episode appears in the listing with the new levels with the actual new art, sound, Duketalk etc. Of course a full version would be nice, but it's really the lesser priority, and I doubt people would really prefer that over the Lite.

Hell, I'd prefer the lite version over the full. The levels, art, enemies, sounds, Duke talk and the episode is what really interests me. :)

Being able to play it is really gonna be fun. ;)

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 15 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

i think the full version will be just as fine. after all, he has all the stuff now from TM to bring into the mod. and the idea was "this mod intends to bring the PlayStation experience from 1997 to your PC" but it'll have some improvements to it over how the game was originally. like better controls using EDuke and such. no more will you have to use a button to strife left and right. nor will you have hold down some buttons to quick kick or change your inventory item. and we'll still get the levels, art, enemies, sounds, Duke talk and the episode that really interests people, and then some

This post has been edited by Mr. Nukem Roses: 16 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

i mean i know graphics weren't popular. but still

This post has been edited by Mr. Nukem Roses: 16 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

User is offline   K100 

If it's possible I would like to have the choice between the Lite and Full version. I never liked the art from Total Meltdown.
But anyway, I can't wait to play this ! Great job !

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options