Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: The Missing Voxels - Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: The Missing Voxels - Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Lookin good, although I believe that black jar is supposed to be spherical, at least that's what the shading on it suggests to me.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostJimmy, on 18 May 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Lookin good, although I believe that black jar is supposed to be spherical, at least that's what the shading on it suggests to me.

Gotta fix it. It´s not completely round.. maybe I should carve the borders. They look a little bit sharp

Hey check the miscelanous thread I found a xxx curiousity inside Shadow Warrior, well you can see it here:

http://swforum05.pro...omoto-tachihara

I will share the finding in the miscellanous duke4.net thread too

Thanks for your supporty Jimmy!

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 06 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

GOOD NEWS!

The voxel pack works in Shadow Warrior Redux (Steam) unfortunately I couldn´t make it work in the free one (Shadow Warrior Classic 1997) (UPDATE: NOW IT WORKS FOR BOTH DOS AND STEAM)

Posted Image

Today I am gonna update the voxel pack, stay tuned...

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 20 June 2017 - 04:28 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

New link Update!

More than 5 new voxels.

pivots fixed in several of them.

some of them fixed (colors etc)

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafir...yan14dwgwv3ag1c

Here is one of the new voxels:

Posted Image

Let know you thoughts your feedback is important

Enjoy them!

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 24 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

More Good News!!!

Now the Voxel Pack works on DOS - Shadow Warrior Classic 1997

I modified the voxfil.txt file and the voxels names so they can be activated when playing either the DOS or the free one through Steam (well it´s the same actually lol...)

Here´s a screenshot taken from Steam´s Shadow Warrior Classic 1997 (DOS):

Posted Image

New download link the first page!

Enjoy them!

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 25 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Good stuff as usual, although the showhead should be more rounded. Hate to always have this criticism, because your work is excellent. :)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostJimmy, on 26 May 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Good stuff as usual, although the showhead should be more rounded. Hate to always have this criticism, because your work is excellent. :)

Your criticism is appreciated Jimmy so don´t worry about that.

I agree about the shower, inicially I wanted to make it round but at the same time I wanted to stay as closest to the original sprite as possilble.

To make it round I would have to carve the corners of the voxel, and also the metal tube that conects the tube to the wall. That tube is voxel block of 3x3 voxels.

I order to achieve this roundness I would have to carve the tube to a sort of cross shape of voxels, which I intend to do in the next update.

About the other voxels to be made the trees would be almost imposible to do, paticularly the ones with leaves like the "sakura" tree (the tree with pink leaves or petals)

Thanks for your feedback

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 27 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Guys due to personal echoes the progress of this voxel pack will be way slower than I expected. But it will continue.

In the meantime I leave you with an image of the "making off" of the coming update of this voxel pack:

Posted Image

See ya :)

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 08 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Your work is excellent, sir. Keep it up!

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDavoX, on 08 September 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Your work is excellent, sir. Keep it up!

Thank you very much, by the way if you want to see more screenshots go to the shadow warrior forum of fellow user Robman.

I upload more images there because I don´t wanna saturate this place with them.

Thanks again

User is offline   NNC 

I really don't want to download this until it gets finished somehow, but from the pictures you posted here it looks like commercial quality.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNancsi, on 08 September 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I really don't want to download this until it gets finished somehow, but from the pictures you posted here it looks like commercial quality.

Well feel free to download it anyway. Try it out, besides probably it will never be 100% complete, due to the fact that some sprites like the sakura tree, the one with pink leaves, will be too hard to make.

So I am trying to convert the sprites that repeat the most in the game or the ones I consider particularly able to make in a reasonable amount of time (I actually make them voxel by voxel so even the small ones are time consuming).

By the way if you want to see the voxel above complete and the process of making these, check the thread in Robman´s Shadow Warrior forum:

http://swforum05.pro...rior-voxel-pack

Thanks for your support.

Martin

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Coming soon:

Posted Image

Stay tuned...

User is offline   mxrtxn 

I´m just gonna leave this here... :)

Posted Image

(Updated download link in the first page)

Have fun

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 04 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

As usual, you're doing an amazing job :) Keep it up!

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostMrFlibble, on 05 November 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

As usual, you're doing an amazing job :woot: Keep it up!

Thanks Mr. Flibbe!

Guys I have good and bad news. The bad news is that the next voxel update will take some time due to some personal and work issues so I will have way less spare time to devote to the next update (but there will be a next one, so don´t worry)

Good news is that the voxel pack is fully compatilble with Hendricks HRP!

The voxels that don´t exist as models in the HRP pack will stay as voxels and the ones who have a HRP version will remain as HRP model. Here is a picture about what I mean:

Posted Image

Thanks guys for your support and see ya all in the next update.

P.S: If you want to use the voxels for your own purposes, duke addons, conversions, proyects etc etc. FEEL FREE TO DO SO!!! :)

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 11 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't think you should call it a polymer around here or you'll create some confusion. Simply calling them models will be enough.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostMicky C, on 10 November 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

I don't think you should call it a polymer around here or you'll create some confusion. Simply calling them models will be enough.

Fixed :)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

New Update! 8 more voxels, including the condom machine.

Won´t spoil with pictures here.

The chairs still need new fixes so I didn´t include them. The black trash can is provisory will be eventually replaced for one of better quality.

also 2 tree voxels.

have fun, see ya

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 20 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

NEW UPDATE!

Lock voxel found in three doors in level 1.

3 candle voxels, for the voxel animation throught Hendricks´s new SWP patch (Check the first page to download the patch), the voxfil file now is written correctly to replace the three candle sprites (the voxels are named candle1, candle2, candle3)

See ya (Let me know if the patch worked on SWP and if you can see the voxelized animation of the candle, you may find candle in several levels like the "bath house Level" next the Buddha statue)

Here´s a post on the patch at Robman´s Shadow Warrior forum:

http://swforum05.pro...animated-voxels

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 08 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

User is online   Lunick 

Thankyou for your continued work on the voxels :dukeaffirmative:

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostLunick, on 08 February 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

Thankyou for your continued work on the voxels :dukeaffirmative:

you are welcome!

Let me know if you need art material for Deadly Kiss I can make voxels and also learning Photoshop: http://deicat.deviantart.com/

By the way the animated voxels will need Hendricks patch on the SWP folder. Nevertheless I coudn´t make it work for some reason.

Hendricks is also testing the animated voxels I hope I receive a reply from him soon.

Martin

User is offline   mxrtxn 

By the way these are the three voxels for the candle animation:

Posted Image

I finanlly could make the patch work (had to update win rar)

Cannot see the animated voxel only one fixed candle voxel.

Maybe Hendricks can give me a hand here.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Reupladed 09 Feb!

Refixed the "pivots" of the three candles. Now they won´t levitate in the animation.

Also fixed the pivot of the lockk voxel (Found in the 3 unlockable doors in Level 1 "Seppuku Station"), now it is attacked to the door not floating anymore.

Mxrtxn

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

SWP 4.3.3 beta 3 released.

User is offline   kullenberg 

Maybe not the appropriate thread, but I'll ask anyway. How demanding are voxels for eduke? Could I make a forest of voxel trees, for isntance?

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello, Just read this topic and even if I have never play shadow warrior original (shame on me, but I enjoyed the 2013 remake) It's really interesting for me since I making some voxels for duke sometimes.

Thanks for the release,
DotK3D

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View Postkullenberg, on 10 February 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

Maybe not the appropriate thread, but I'll ask anyway. How demanding are voxels for eduke? Could I make a forest of voxel trees, for isntance?

Thats a good question. I am not sure as I never used eduke.

Maybe hendricks can reply that question better

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDotK3D, on 10 February 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

Hello, Just read this topic and even if I have never play shadow warrior original (shame on me, but I enjoyed the 2013 remake) It's really interesting for me since I making some voxels for duke sometimes.

Thanks for the release,
DotK3D

No problem, I saw your work on the duke nukem voxel pack. Good stuff.

Martin

User is offline   mxrtxn 

New update!

2 chairs painted and done (might be retouched in the next updates)

wooden punching staff (made by Kada Lebowski)

Won´t spoil with pictures. See ya later

Martin

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options