• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Nukem 64 Mod

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That doesn't help me. What is the error? Post your eduke32.log.

User is offline   Untamed 

Its more to do with the zip itself
Posted Image

It'll be a while before I reply to you, I'm about to go to bed

This post has been edited by Untamed: 12 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostUntamed, on 12 May 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Its more to do with the zip itself
It is no zip at all. Maybe you need a smarter browser or download manager. It is a 7-Zip archive actually, and the true file extension is .7z. Get 7-Zip from here.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

This sucks?

Posted Image

User is offline   Joshua 

You mean the translucency and explosion effects aren't functioning properly? Shhhittt.

Edit: Is there any way you can fix this?

This post has been edited by Joshua: 12 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

User is offline   Fox 

No, this is a proposal for 8-bit mode.

User is offline   Nukey 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/oxciwi

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Really cool stuff.

Edit: I really hoped the uncompressed tiles could exist in the ROM.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 12 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

User is offline   Untamed 

There's a Trash Compactor door in the Duke Burger kitchen on E1M2, does anything happen when I manage to get a pipe bomb down there and explode it?

User is offline   Fox 

That's a random question... but no, it's only for decoration.

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

I don't think there is really any DN64 thread so this might be a good place to talk about this.

There is a downloadable prototype of DN64 at the bottom of this page. Not sure if this is any new though.

http://www.nintendop.../duke-nukem-64/

User is offline   Steve 64 

Hmm never seen this before good find Methy

played alittle bit of the first level on the balls of steel machine there is a hand holding balls, I can't remember if that is in the main game.

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 08 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

It was there from what I remember.
That proto is sadly very likely just a regional proto, meaning that it has final code but lacks localization for EU countries.
Those generally have a debug menu enabled at most.

I remember seeing this ROM somewhere before.

User is offline   Steve 64 

It been along time since I played Duke 64, I do remember bits and pieces of things, like a second restroom on Hollywood guess they mess up on it and couldn't remove it

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 08 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMetHy, on 08 September 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

I don't think there is really any DN64 thread so this might be a good place to talk about this.

There is a downloadable prototype of DN64 at the bottom of this page. Not sure if this is any new though.

I recall reading about the Duke 64 and Zero Hour prototype cartridges, but the owner hadn't been able to dump them yet. It's interesting to finally see the Duke 64 proto, but it's a shame the Zero Hour cart is identical to final.

User is offline   nukemania 

View Postoasiz, on 08 September 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

It was there from what I remember.
That proto is sadly very likely just a regional proto, meaning that it has final code but lacks localization for EU countries.
Those generally have a debug menu enabled at most.

I remember seeing this ROM somewhere before.

Actually, no, it's a bit weirder. Although there are very few differences, it isn't just a regional intermediate. For example, there's a different multiplayer spawn spot, different surveillance camera angle and text difference. Pretty sure the ROM was never available before, as this is the first time Mike of Nintendoplayer has dumped the prototype successfully. I vaguely recall seeing a different Duke 64 proto several years back; could have been on eBay. That one's definitely undocumented and where it is, is anyone's guess.

This post has been edited by nukemania: 08 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMetHy, on 08 September 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing! I have read about the prototype they had before, but they hadn't discovered any difference since them. Does anyone has a link of this video on Youtube?

Something I had like to mention, I don't think the cameras are not positioned differently, but rather the center of the screen is misplaced in the game. I assume they were working out the aspect ratio of the European version.

I am glad all that research I did for left-over content and old magazine scans was used in a Interview with one of the developers. =P Good to finally find out that the Rubber Bullets were going to be another ammo for the Grenade Launcher. That makes sense.

This post has been edited by Fox: 09 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

User is offline   Fox 

With Nukey's rips it becomes doable to use pal tiles. Since it's too much of a drastic change to the game, I wouldn't include such feature. But it's an interesting idea.

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Finally I got it right for 8-bit mode:

Posted Image

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Wanted to say the download on http://duke64.duke4.net/ doesn't seem to be working I usually supply that link for anyone interested in downloading it :thumbsup: Moddb is fine of course but just saying. Well someone asked for it again today and we recieived the 404 message.

User is offline   Fox 

I am going to delete the site and leave the ModDB link, I don't want that responsibility anymore. =P

User is offline   supergoofy 

don't forget to edit the first post

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postsupergoofy, on 24 January 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

don't forget to edit the first post

:dukeaffirmative: :)

User is offline   Adamputee 

Fox this is the best Duke 3D mod I have ever seen. It's so fun and brings back many memories. I must admit though, the replay value isn't amazing... what I mean, is that the HRP is phenomenal and to see the Duke 64 mode in 3D would be insane... Of course this can't happen but it would be amazing if I could replace the default RPG with the Grenade Launcher - no art replacement, just the projectile. How difficult is this? Is a quick copy and paste possible at all? Other weapons are cool, but seriously the grenade launcher makes the game so much more fun (and balanced).

User is offline   Fox 

If someone makes a 3D model for the new art, then adding it is trivial.

User is offline   MotM 

Fox, thanks for this mod. I finally get to replay DN64 in high resolution !
I've noticed that the Plasma Gun's humming sfx is cut off, I wasn't sure if I remember correctly, but I thought it sounded different in the actual DN64 game.

PS: Can I use your art files for the pistol? I just got into modding and am looking for a replacement.

User is offline   Adamputee 

View PostFox, on 30 October 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

If someone makes a 3D model for the new art, then adding it is trivial.

You've played DukePlus yeah? The grenade (launcher) would be epic as an alt-fire for the RPG :D
Haha I know I'm bugging you but seriously people need to try it, you did some great work with the N64 mod ;)

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMotM, on 30 October 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Fox, thanks for this mod. I finally get to replay DN64 in high resolution !
I've noticed that the Plasma Gun's humming sfx is cut off, I wasn't sure if I remember correctly, but I thought it sounded different in the actual DN64 game.

PS: Can I use your art files for the pistol? I just got into modding and am looking for a replacement.

You can use whatever you want. It would be silly from me to want to control the usage of assets in a port like this.

The Plasma Gun is particular is hard to reproduce the effect. Hopefully when I release the newest version it will be better.

User is offline   MotM 

View PostFox, on 31 October 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

You can use whatever you want. It would be silly from me to want to control the usage of assets in a port like this.The Plasma Gun is particular is hard to reproduce the effect. Hopefully when I release the newest version it will be better.

I think the whole project is quite a challenge to accomplish!

Is there some instructions available on how to get only the pistol on my mod or could you provide me one? I've tried to do it myself but it won't come out right.

User is offline   Fox 

Wouldn't you want just to replace the art and sound?

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options