• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Nukem 64 Mod

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

v0.9.2 (22mb): SendSpace, Duke4.net

Small update and fixed a few bugs, something with the Grenade Launcher projectile and screen tinting.

This post has been edited by Fox: 29 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

User is offline   MacoMan 

Been playing around with this. It's a quality conversion, every bit as high quality as the PSX Doom conversion the boys over at Doomworld did. Good job. I'll probably get around to doing a play through someday since I'm curious what the differences between the console port & the original PC version were. With eDuke this game really flies since I can't imagine it being anything but a frustrating experience with the original N64 controller

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It wasn't that bad with the N64 controller. The people who hate it are wrong people.

User is offline   leilei 

If it were only possible to have the N64-style trilinear filtering in polymost... could that even be GLSL'd?

User is offline   t800 

View Postleilei, on 20 October 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

If it were only possible to have the N64-style trilinear filtering in polymost... could that even be GLSL'd?

http://forums.duke4....post__p__163688

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

I'm sure anything the N64 did could easily be GLSL'ed on modern hardware; can you explain how the N64 trilinear filtering differs from more traditional implementations?

User is offline   leilei 

Attached Image: slanted.png

Just slightly slanted texel sampling. Just look how straight the lines are from his brain matter are, you think eurocom designed assets with this filtering in mind?

This post has been edited by leilei: 21 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

User is offline   Fox 

No, that sprite is almost unchanged from the PC.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Is it just me with stupid mind, why I feel that filtering looks like shit ugly....... :P

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 21 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

All filtering does. Honestly I think the best part about the Duke64 mod is I can finally play Duke64 without it looking like shit.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The fear of visible pixel blocks is greater than the fear of smudge and blur.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I love it ! Best eduke mod imo . Just love the explosive shotgun shells again :wub: Very good job with putting this together Fox.

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 15 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

User is offline   leilei 

yeah such a nice mod

User is offline   Fox 

Phew, I finally got the visibility of this thing right. I was forced to adjust the shade table via CON.

just for the heck of it. i made a little fan made sorta pic for the mod

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm doing some streaming of a playthrough: http://www.twitch.tv/hendricks266/

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 25 January 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'm doing some streaming of a quickload frenzy: http://www.twitch.tv/hendricks266/

Fixed that for ya Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

Don't make fun of my playing style. :( Perfectionism makes the game more fun to a optimization-loving puzzle-solving engineer like myself.

Follow me on Twitter if you'd like to see when I resume my game. https://twitter.com/Hendricks266

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 25 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Twitter? I can't play videos there.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Just make a video of yourself at the start of warp factor (make a save game), take a few points of damage from the drones in the first room, then load the save game. Put on loop for 10 hours.

i've been doing playthroughs of the Duke Nukem 64 mod on my channel. i recently finished episode 1

Hello Fox! and everyone, Long time no see. NICE WORK ON FINISHING DUKE 64's SCRIPTING FOX.

I can still remember finding your project back in 2009 as I was trying to do the same thing. I had wanted to remake Duke 64 back in 2007 when I made a remake of the first map but lacked any coding skills.Then in 2009 When I first come across your project I had just added the SMG's and made it fire two bullets and use the right sound (my scripting skill was getting better) and I was getting ready to really make a Duke 64 mod, then I found your's.

After seeing your project I could see that you where a better coder them me and much farther along. So I left that park of the project up to you and started helping with remaking the maps(I remade 6 maps I think, 200 hours of work or more).Back before nukey's Smart Ass (and I mean that endearingly) ripped them from the rom and made mine and his mapping efforts before that worthless. Damn and I know my remakes where 99% exact replicas.And now I get no credit for helping with the mod, but that's ok. That work's not even really worth mentioning now. :(

Anyway now that the mods out(and has been for a little while, I should have looked sooner) It has increased my enthusiasm for my DUKE 64 ATOMIC EDITION add-on (a side project I had planed when I was part of the Duke 64 map team with nukey ) the add-on was to make more changes and addition to the Duke 64 maps as well as bug fixing if needed.

I had already released my ATOMIC version of E1M1 in the the first Duke 64 topic. I will be starting my own topic today.So if your interested then look for my new topic DUKE NUKEM 64 ATOMIC. There will be a download for heavily edited version's of DUKE 64's of E1M1 and E1M2.

I would like to use this opportunity to formally ask you, Fox. If its ok for me to use your mod as a base for mine.I cant see you having a problem with me editing the maps. There ripped anyway and don't belong to you or anything.

But at some point I would like to add to and modifying your code. At that point I would need to upload my own version of your Duke 64 cons.This would likely be after I've finished all the maps some years from now.By then I think you will be 100% done with this project, so what I do will not detract from your mod (hopefully it will keep people interested)

So can I use your mod as a base for mine when the time comes?

Edit: I wrote this post before fully reading this topic and see there's been some bickering over whether to edit the maps or not for "bug" fixing, hope fox's felling's over that dose not influence his opinion or acceptance of my planed add-on, I had already told him of my intent on editing the maps back in the First Duke 64 topic when I uploaded my first DUKE 64 ATOMIC map E1M1.

If you fox, for whatever reason don't want me editing and using you code in the future I will stand by your decision.

But with all due respect , I will be moving forward with my MAP EDITS regardless of you stance on my DUKE 64 ATOMIC project (you did not make or own the maps anyway,nukey ripped them so I would credit him for that).
And my project would still require your mod (but not edit it if you don't want me too) so I would credit you for that.

So In ether case I will fully credit you for all the code, and nukey for ripping the maps, and any other's involved with the original project .

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 04 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

User is offline   Fox 

You can do whatever you want. I simply didn't wanted the .map files to be edited on a whim. Also keep in mind that the code is constantly being updated.

• Weaponized Autism

Why not make your "Atomic Edition" a mutator for the Duke 64 mod?

Damn your useful Hendricks266 , I was wanting to do something like that and now know a good way to go about it.

I don't think i will be doing anything with the code for a long time, lots of map work to do first. I hope that you will be fully done before I want to get to adding my own code so I don't have to worry about you updating it.
I waited 5 years for this I can wait 5 more before I get to my own coding if I feel like it.I have more patience then a Patagonian cypress waiting to die.

Edit: And thanks for letting me have at it.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 05 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

My childhood dream can now happen. Thanks a ton dude~

User is offline   Fox 

At Hendricks' request, I made some hasty 8-bit support for portable devices that don't have OpenGL...

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

Finally I have figured out the algorithm used for displaying the sky.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 03 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

User is offline   AdamR 

Hi there,

I've encountered a problem when trying to start your DN64 mod. There are a lot of undefined parameters causing the main script EDUKE.CON to fail compilation. I've not seen this error posted yet so I guess there is something specific to my setup incorrect.

Log attached. In case you're wondering the "content" folder is within the EDuke32 root folder as a container for all the game groups, cons, high resolution packs, folders, etc. Just to keep them in a tidy spot.

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options