• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EDuke32-OldMP

User is offline   JujuRunUp 

View PostStriker, on 12 December 2020 - 08:51 AM, said:

EDuke32-OldMP Release 33 is out!

Link: https://voidpoint.io...ldmp_release_33

Please read the changelog fully, and report issues via the link in the release notes.

A new build of StrikerDM will follow soon. Old StrikerDM builds won't work with this.

Question how do I make coop players spawn with weapons, cuz whenever I start a coop game nobody has any weapons.

This post has been edited by JujuRunUp: 03 March 2021 - 08:54 AM

User is offline   germ 

View PostJujuRunUp, on 03 March 2021 - 08:52 AM, said:

Question how do I make coop players spawn with weapons, cuz whenever I start a coop game nobody has any weapons.

When I tried E1M1 the world was littered w/ items!

(Shotgun or something on that rooftop spawn spot)

Not sure how this help.. I just wanted to say so f'in thx for the software! We are still on MP MP (multi-platform, multi-player. We -> I ;) )
Cheers m8

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

PSA: There's a major bug with EDuke32-OldMP Release 33 that causes the lag to get exponentially worse with every additional player over 2. This has been fixed for the next release (34), which should be coming soon. Those who want testing builds of Release 34 NOW, please join the #strikerdm-general channel on the Shotspark Studios discord. (link)

This post has been edited by Striker: 05 March 2021 - 03:59 PM

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

Awesome Job! It's nice to play Red Light District with no explosions being cut off when blowing up the building.

Does this support addictive blend for explosions for example?

User is offline   Master O 

View PostStriker, on 05 March 2021 - 03:55 PM, said:

PSA: There's a major bug with EDuke32-OldMP Release 33 that causes the lag to get exponentially worse with every additional player over 2. This has been fixed for the next release (34), which should be coming soon. Those who want testing builds of Release 34 NOW, please join the #strikerdm-general channel on the Shotspark Studios discord. (link)

Any update on the ETA for Release 34? Also, keep up the excellent work on OldMP.

• Auramancer

View PostMaster O, on 07 April 2021 - 05:24 AM, said:

Any update on the ETA for Release 34? Also, keep up the excellent work on OldMP.

Hitting some roadblocks keeping me from getting a final release out right now, but there's still a test build on the Discord that you can use in the meantime that lacks this bug.

User is offline   WRiker2701 

Hi, i've been playing coop with eduke32 oldmp and Yang with a couple of friends and we have some issues. We all start without any weapon (pistol included), and it's not until the first time we die that we spawn with a pistol. The other problem, is that yang has a drop down list for selecting things to respawn, it offers Items, Inventory and Monsters. Monsters mean they will always revive even in lower difficulty levels, so i definitely don't want that on, but then i can select items OR inventory. So that's a problem, as we need weapons AND inventory items to respawn so we all can have them. Any ideas on how to solve these issues?
Thanks!

• Auramancer

View PostWRiker2701, on 29 June 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hi, i've been playing coop with eduke32 oldmp and Yang with a couple of friends and we have some issues. We all start without any weapon (pistol included), and it's not until the first time we die that we spawn with a pistol. The other problem, is that yang has a drop down list for selecting things to respawn, it offers Items, Inventory and Monsters. Monsters mean they will always revive even in lower difficulty levels, so i definitely don't want that on, but then i can select items OR inventory. So that's a problem, as we need weapons AND inventory items to respawn so we all can have them. Any ideas on how to solve these issues?
Thanks!

Wait for Release 34. Release 33 is just broken with anything more than 2 players, I hate to say. I wanted to get Release 34 out nearly a year ago, but things have kept piling up. A fact that's been hanging heavily on my mind, to be honest.

This post has been edited by Striker: 29 June 2021 - 12:37 PM

User is offline   BenVestUp 

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to these forums, but I've been reading through them for years as I've been a Duke fan since the 90s!

I read that the latest version of Eduke32OldMP (version 33) has a bug that causes it to go out of sync with more than 2 players. Does anyone know if version 32 also has this bug? If it doesn't, then is the best option for now to stick with version 32 until version 34 comes out?

Also, is this bug for internet play only or does it also affect LAN games? I haven't had enough people to test it on LAN, but I'm wondering if it is possible that version 33 can still handle more than 3 if you're on a LAN? I remember reading a long time ago that Duke Nukem 3D is one of those games that if you play multiplayer on a LAN or online with people who are geographically close to you (like in the same city) then it works fine, but if you try playing online with people in other states or countries then it tends to go out of sync. Not exactly sure how true that is, but just wanted to check and see if anyone else knows anything about that.

Years ago (at least 10 or more) I had a LAN party where there were 7 of us and we played LAN games of Duke 3D using an older port called xDuke and it worked great! We dukematched for hours with no issues. Of course, that was on LAN and not online. As far as I'm concerned xDuke still works and you can still download it, but it's an older outdated port and it doesn't support widescreen or OpenGL, so it still has that "warped" look when aiming and the image is stretched on new monitors, but if it has better networking protocols then maybe use xDuke until the next version of edukeoldmp comes out?

Just wondering what everyone's suggestions are for LAN or Online play with more than 3 players at the moment. Thank you to everyone on these forums. You guys are awesome!

• Auramancer

v32 will work better, but it has issues of it's own. Current best option is NetDuke32's Alpha Releases on the Shotspark Discord. https://discord.gg/AyRWqJUXxw

You'll find them in #strikerdm-support

• Auramancer

OldMP is defunct, it is now known as NetDuke32, and can be found here: https://forums.duke4...duke3d-netplay/

User is offline   BenVestUp 

View PostStriker, on 29 September 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

OldMP is defunct, it is now known as NetDuke32, and can be found here: https://forums.duke4...duke3d-netplay/

So I'm guessing that means the next version of edukeoldmp (Version 34) will never see the light of day?

• Auramancer

View PostBenVestUp, on 29 September 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

So I'm guessing that means the next version of edukeoldmp (Version 34) will never see the light of day?

NetDuke32 replaces it. No point in v34 releasing, because NetDuke32 is that, continued.

This post has been edited by Striker: 29 September 2021 - 08:49 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options