Duke4.net Forums: The Duke Nukem and BUILD Archives - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duke Nukem and BUILD Archives  "Updated February 20th, 2014"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hi dudes and dudettes. Here's a collection I've been gathering of random tidbits from various Duke and BUILD games. Everything from screenshots to concept art. Thanks to a lot of the super sleuths in the community (you know who you are.) I found some of this stuff on my own, but with most of it I had help. If you happen to notice I'm missing something, please post it! It will get added to the package. Special thanks to MYHOUSE.MAP for making me get off my ass.

If there are any web designers out here interested in helping me, I would love to put this stuff up on an actual webpage for all to easily view. Send me a PM if you're interested in doing this.

The BUILD Archive - 150 MB [UPDATED:May 1st, 2014]
(Includes Duke3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, Redneck Rampage, and more)

The Duke Archive - 15 MB [UPDATED:May 1st, 2014]
(Includes Endangered Species, D-Day, and more but not Duke3D or DNF)

The DNF Archive - 351 MB [UPDATED:February 18th, 2014]
(Culled from all eras. Probably far from complete, but there's a LOT of stuff here.)

BONUS!!

The Prey Archive - 95 MB [UPDATED:February 18th, 2014]
(Mainly 1990s stuff. I'm sure I'm missing a lot here, but it's hard to find stuff with such a generic title.)

Once again most of the stuff was found by the hard work of other folks, I just thought to put it all together.
Do the community a favour and hook me up with anything I'm missing.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 01 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

My website could always be a home for this. I would also suggest The Cutting Room Floor though their rules specifically only allow actual prototype assets and information in a casually-viewable/readable/listenable format, so it probably wouldn't be a good home for this.

User is online   Lunick 

I've never seen those D'day screenshots before. Looks very Unreal tech?

The 3D weapons from Endangered Species look so good, why couldn't we have that instead of Vivisector :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

D-Day/Man of Valor was Unreal tech.

3D Realms was unhappy with development and cancelled both games. I think they thought they were gonna release DNF and didn't want either of these game around for competition. What a bunch of dumbasses.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 06 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

User is offline   kona 

Thanks for your sharing ;)

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I loved those Blood concept model pics and photos. It'd be great as high res pack fodder. Hell, if there was a complete sprite set at that resolution that'd be great as well.

Also I have to chuckle at the "full 3d sound in 3D space" line in the Blood trailer. As far as I can tell build always just supported three (the front three) channels in prologic.

3D sound should be added to eduke32 though perhaps via OpenAL.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 15 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Updates! Big update on the BUILD Archive, and additions of a DNF and Prey archive. Check'em out!

I've always been meaning to say, what a fantastic collection! This is an absolutely invaluable resource.

However, the BUILD archive is missing several images and high quality versions of screenshots from Sunstorm Interactive's site. If it may be helpful, I've gathered direct links to the missing media here:

Duke Caribbean
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5] (I love this one!)
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]

Duke it Out in D.C.
[1]
[2]
[3]

Duke Xtreme
[1]
[2]
[3]

Wanton Destruction
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]

Cryptic Passage
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]

And I'm not sure if these will be of much use, but I've also collected the product pages from WizardWorks' site that included screenshots:
Duke Xtreme
Duke it Out in D.C.
Duke!Zone
Main page (banners for Duke D.C. and Cryptic Passage)

User is online   Lunick 

Wow wow wow, I have seen some of those images but not a lot of them! I'd love for the lizard enemies to be recreated somehow, never seen them in that quality before.

Great collection! Nice to see that there is still some stuff that I hadn't seen before :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Thanks a lot, RinyRed! Some great stuff there I've never seen before. Y'know, I never thought to run down Sunstorm's website. Interesting to see that Wanton Destruction was supposed to be split into two episodes like that. I see the last shot of Wanton Destruction is missing (Lo Wang jumping on the rooftops. Anybody got a fuller resolution of that? Doubt it, but worth asking.)

Updated the archive reflecting this, some stuff Fox recently found in the Miscellaneous Knowledge thread, and some Deadly Kiss stuff.

User is offline   MetHy 

I remember I had a 1 level demo of Duke It Out In DC (iirc i got it from that same French PC video game magazine I got ALL my duke3D stuff from back in the days). It came with preview screenshots of the full episode as well, including one where Duke is fighting an Overlord in the subway level of duke it out in dc (which obviously doesn't happen in the finished game). I probably still have it at my parents if anyone's interested...

This post has been edited by MetHy: 20 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, that screenshot is included.

User is online   Lunick 

Funny you mention the Wanton thing, it reminded me when a guy on the Steam forums was arguing with me about the addons http://steamcommunit...59362282791305/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That reminds me, I need to add the box scans.

EDIT:
Does anybody have the original scans posted by Charlie? I found his post on 3DR, but the images have been removed. I'll try PM'ing him and see if I can get them that way too.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 20 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostJimmy, on 20 February 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

I see the last shot of Wanton Destruction is missing
That one may be lost, unfortunately.

On a slightly related note, I've also scoured for information on Twin Dragon and found a few things from the websites of its two developer groups.

Level Infinity
Slide Show - Only the banners and first image were saved
Screenshots page - Only the thumbnails were saved

Wylde Productions
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]

Sadly, not nearly as much was saved from these two sites.

I'll also plug in an old hard drive I have to look through my Prey archive. What you already have looks pretty comprehensive, but I'll cross-reference it with my collection to see if I have anything unique.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Barely scratched the surface of your collection. I've never seen most of this before it's awesome!
Attached Image: DNF-forever&ever.PNG
lol, did you do that Jimmy? Or was that coincidence?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hahah, that wasn't me. That's a very strange coincidence.

Thanks again, RinyRed. I saved everything but the thumbnails, they're just way too tiny to be of any use. I also tried reverse image searching them and I came up with nothing. They're likely lost to time unless someone has them backed up somewhere.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Updated the BUILD Archive and the Duke Archive. Some new Blood, Duke3D, SW, Zero Hour, and Endangered Species stuff.

User is offline   Nefar 

Some cool beta stuff in this video starting from 9 minute. Would be great to add that to the archive. :P

User is offline   Salvation 

View PostNefar, on 08 July 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Some cool beta stuff in this video starting from 9 minute. Would be great to add that to the archive. :P

That level looks like an early version of Tiberius station :P But the corridors remind also Lunar Reactor.

This post has been edited by Salvation: 08 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

One of the builds is very close to that video--a little bit earlier, I think.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostNefar, on 08 July 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=JKT3_s3gfSU

That video's been posted here before, can't remember which thread though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options