Duke4.net Forums: New Cycloid and Duke Models - Come Get Some! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Cycloid and Duke Models - Come Get Some!

User is offline   Night Wolf 

Awesome models!
One thing...though not really a big deal, why does the Duke model have gloves?
They look cool, however they're not consistent with the first person hands.

User is offline   TON 

I have updated my svn folder but it has the old duke model
What's the problem?

This post has been edited by TON: 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTON, on 28 February 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

I have updated my svn folder but it has the old duke model
What's the problem?
You're doin' it wrong.

OK, since I have no superpowers to investigate your PC and setup, just post your log file as attachment and maybe a listing of your EDuke32 installation directory.

First guesses:
- You won't see the new (Polymer) Duke in conjunction with the Polymost Override Pack or the 413 Z-Pack in autoload.
- Delete the two files textures and textures.cache and retry.
- Maybe you have some other files hanging around which are loaded instead of the new contents.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postozz, on 26 February 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Awesome models!
One thing...though not really a big deal, why does the Duke model have gloves?
They look cool, however they're not consistent with the first person hands.

He has a point...

User is offline   Bloodshot 

It's too bad we can't use the hands from this Duke model as first person hands

that would be pretty cool

User is offline   TON 

View PostLeoD, on 28 February 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

You're doin' it wrong.

OK, since I have no superpowers to investigate your PC and setup, just post your log file as attachment and maybe a listing of your EDuke32 installation directory.

First guesses:
- You won't see the new (Polymer) Duke in conjunction with the Polymost Override Pack or the 413 Z-Pack in autoload.
- Delete the two files textures and textures.cache and retry.
- Maybe you have some other files hanging around which are loaded instead of the new contents.

Ok ,it works now Thank's

User is offline   Mark 

View PostBloodshot, on 28 February 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

It's too bad we can't use the hands from this Duke model as first person hands

that would be pretty cool

I could be wrong but I remember a recent thread from someone putting gloves on the hands. If the skins are a close enough match to the new model's we're set.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMark., on 28 February 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I could be wrong but I remember a recent thread from someone putting gloves on the hands. If the skins are a close enough match to the new model's we're set.

Wasn't it LeoD and his Z-Pack?

User is offline   Mark 

that might be what I saw

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

We should be able to use the High poly model to bake off a new set of hands and gloves for the HUD, and maybe more importantly, a new Mighty Boot.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Unfortunately, gloves would go out of the stated scope of the HRP.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMark., on 28 February 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostNorvak, on 28 February 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Wasn't it LeoD and his Z-Pack?
Whatever I might come up with won't be good enough for the official HRP, plus, I'm aiming for the old DNF3D/Eternity gloves which wouldn't match those of the new Duke model anyway. However, Drek mentioned to be onto something similar, maybe his work can be used.

Well, If this Duke model resembled the DN3D incarnation doing some quite simple stuff (no gloves, jeans inside the boots, maybe the grey gun that ACTUALLY he grips in the sprite ecc.), and made with the same skill, it could have all the potential to be the next official HRP SVN update! (so now, or the next HRP version at least). In that case, the Tea Monster one should become an alternative model for the Leod Z-pack.
Also, gorgeous Cycloid!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Oh a new mighty boot would be great! As for the gloves... I really don't care either way, just so long as eventually it's one or the other for both types of models.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostFantinaikos, on 01 March 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Well, If this Duke model resembled the DN3D incarnation doing some quite simple stuff (no gloves, jeans inside the boots, maybe the grey gun that ACTUALLY he grips in the sprite ecc.).

Those aren't exactly simple changes.

• Polymancer

View PostFantinaikos, on 01 March 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Well, If this Duke model resembled the DN3D incarnation doing some quite simple stuff (no gloves, jeans inside the boots, maybe the grey gun that ACTUALLY he grips in the sprite ecc.), and made with the same skill, it could have all the potential to be the next official HRP SVN update! (so now, or the next HRP version at least). In that case, the Tea Monster one should become an alternative model for the Leod Z-pack.

Since these are simple changes, I'll let you get on with them. If everyone agrees, I don't mind withdrawing the model :P

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Finally posted to front page! Sorry it took a few days. Been real busy lately.

http://www.duke4.net....php?extend.590

Those models are awesome :P

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm copying and pasting the email I sent you and posting it in this thread.

Man those 2 models KICK ASS. I'm glad you released them because everyone HAS to see them and your wonderful work. You're extremely talented and I'm quite saddened that polymer wasn't a bit more optimized. Actually that's the reason I didn't work any more on my stadium map, I had so much in my mind for that map but even with everything plain and simple it wouldn't run properly, imagine if it had all the detail I wanted for it! Completely unplayable!

I hope everyone enjoys these wonrderful models!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Tea Monster, you are awesome. Thank you so much. Rock on.

• Polymancer

View PostDavoX, on 02 March 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'm copying and pasting the email I sent you and posting it in this thread.

Man those 2 models KICK ASS. I'm glad you released them because everyone HAS to see them and your wonderful work. You're extremely talented and I'm quite saddened that polymer wasn't a bit more optimized. Actually that's the reason I didn't work any more on my stadium map, I had so much in my mind for that map but even with everything plain and simple it wouldn't run properly, imagine if it had all the detail I wanted for it! Completely unplayable!

I hope everyone enjoys these wonrderful models!

Thank you very much Everyone. It has truly been a pleasure.

I'm hoping that your stadium map will eventually see the light of day. That vid that you posted looks amazing.

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

May I suggest someone to tweak specfactor & specpower for armour and metallic limbs surfaces to like specfactor 3 specpower 25 to make them actually glossy. Because specpower value of 1 makes specmap texture almost useless. As for the body surface, it's ok as it is in my opinion. Maybe specfactor 3 is overkill, I dunno, depends on the lights in the scene. I've tested the model with one pointlight and few dynamic (fire sprites) lights.

example:
Posted Image

• Polymancer

I'd try 2. In the screen, it looks a wee tad too glossy.
Until recently, my polymer rendering was broken. I didn't want to rip everything out in the middle of development of the models.

Those wall tiles to the left look amazing. Who did them?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I would bet Roma Loom himself. He adds stuff to SVN regularly.

• Polymancer

His work is damn good.

Roma, I've altered the def files in the downloads according to your specpower settings. Thanks!

Source files are Up, which includes all the game model stuff, and I've included .blend files for the Cycloid, and Duke as well as the render scenes for the two end of level screens. Check the first post.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 03 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 03 March 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Source files are Up

sweet ...... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Loomsday Device

Blender has failed to produce a valid FBX file, is this a common problem or just at my end? The earlier version (2.25 or something) gave completely invalid fbx file which caused immediate 3ds max crash, the latest version of Blender gives me a totally messed-up scene of lego-like triangulated sub-meshes of cycloid body with skin modifiers (which is great btw) and the bones randomly placed somewhere nearby.

• Polymancer

Blender and FBX can have some problems. I'll double check from my end. My Son and I were able to get a working Cycloid out of Blender as an FBX and into Maya, and then into Unity, with animations and mesh intact.

Here is an FBX from Maya from Blender's FBX. I've tested it in my Student version of Max and it plays the animations. You will need to re-attach materials.

Attached File  Cycloid01.zip (1004.21K)
Number of downloads: 248

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 04 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

The HUD version of the new jetpack is somewhat hard to recognise ingame.
Attached Image: jetpack2013-hud.jpg
Maybe a version with less detail/more contrast can be made?

• Loomsday Device

View PostTea Monster, on 04 March 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Here is an FBX from Maya from Blender's FBX. I've tested it in my Student version of Max and it plays the animations. You will need to re-attach materials.

Thanks! The meshes seem to be triangulated though, but that's must be Blender's exporter limitation or something. FBX is an excellent powerful format, seeing how Unity perfectly handles FBX makes me sad that EDuke32 still uses MD3.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options