Duke4.net Forums: Aliens: Colonial Marines (Randy Pitchford has done it again!) - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Randy Pitchford has done it again!)

User is offline   Ronin 

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Post486DX2, on 24 February 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Duke Begins. Not happening if shit goes down.

Don't care.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostRonan, on 02 March 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

>Gearbox Shovelware<

Someone should make that their avatar on the Gearbox forums and start posting :P

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostLunick, on 02 March 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Someone should make that their avatar on the Gearbox forums and start posting :P

I did post it over at Gearbox, it lasted for a few hours then got locked. :D

http://forums.gearbo...ad.php?t=254077

This post has been edited by Ronan: 02 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Damien_Azreal locked it? How do these incompetent mods retain their privileges on multiple forums?

This post has been edited by Radar: 02 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostRadar, on 02 March 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Damien_Azreal locked it? How do these incompetent mods somehow retain their status on multiple forums?

Yeah, the Gearbox knight in shining armour no less, although if I was Gearbox I wouldn't want that image on my forum, it's kind of catchy, and kind of true.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Damien_Azriel is a fucking tool. So glad that clown doesn't show his dumbass around here anymore.

User is offline   Kathy 

I don't remember him being a tool either here or on 3drealms.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Who were you on 3DR? Darn you for all the name changes!

User is offline   Kathy 

ReadOnly

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No way dude, he was always a tool. Total posterboy douche for the moderation team. He backseat moderated his way into a moderator position.

User is offline   Malgon 

Colonial Marines received a massive 3.8GB patch today. Anyone tried it out at all?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 24 February 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Keywords here is 'made by'. If thats the case, then yes.

Yeah, well Aliens : CM was supposed to be "made by" Gearbox too. They shoved it off to another developer so they could jerk themselves off on Borderlands 2. Yeah, BL2 is fine... But, ya know, listening to Randy on this one I honestly believed the lying sack when he said he loved Aliens.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 19 March 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Yeah, well Aliens : CM was supposed to be "made by" Gearbox too. They shoved it off to another developer so they could jerk themselves off on Borderlands 2. Yeah, BL2 is fine... But, ya know, listening to Randy on this one I honestly believed the lying sack when he said he loved Aliens.

From this point, I never believe any Gearbox games that not made by their own team like their Borderland series anymore...

Seriously, why they just can't learn from DNF... :angry:

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMalgon, on 18 March 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

Colonial Marines received a massive 3.8GB patch today. Anyone tried it out at all?

Anybody?

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 19 March 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Usually the term 'made by' is something used past tense, not a theoretical description of someones intention. I'm not saying we didn't think the game was going to be made by GBX. It would of been a great game....but it doesn't change the fact that GBX didn't make it. The point is, they better fucking learn from this or they WILL start losing money. First DNF (sure not there fault, the game itself was completed by another company before they got a hold if it and had to make money quick) and now A:CM.

Hopefully this 3gb patch does something.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Apparently the changelog for the new patch lists "higher res textures" as an improvement.

Don't really feel like trying it though.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Someone needs to try it.

I can't wait to witness the fail.

Bug Hunt gameplay.

Surprisingly looks kinda fun, now that the AI actually works properly. Fucking stupid that they put mercs in the mode too.

Should have been free though, even though it's cool how big the maps are and how it has different objectives to accomplish and all the equipment, it's a little ridiculous when the only good part of the game you have to buy separately for $15, and it only has 3 maps.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 20 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

They want you to pay MORE for this? Do they not understand they have already royally screwed themselves with this? Even if they do make a profit, I can't believe they had the audacity to make you PAY MORE MONEY for a product that was so false-advertised and broken after it had already been proved so.

Bah....I was already not buying Gearbox stuff, why am I getting so worked up....

This company is a fucking cancer.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love Gearbox Software so much.

EDIT: I remember the first time I couldn't detect sarcasm.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 21 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

It's like that alcoholic rich kid who keeps crashing his dad's BMW's. You just gotta point and laugh.

All he has to do is STOP DRINKING but he can't even comprehend that.

This post has been edited by 486DX2: 21 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 March 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

They want you to pay MORE for this? Do they not understand they have already royally screwed themselves with this? Even if they do make a profit, I can't believe they had the audacity to make you PAY MORE MONEY for a product that was so false-advertised and broken after it had already been proved so.

Bah....I was already not buying Gearbox stuff, why am I getting so worked up....

As much as I agree with you, they already had this planned and they are just going through with it. I don't think they exactly want to refund all the Season Passes they sold on Steam and then give all their DLC away?

• The Sarien Encounter

Meh....makes sense I guess.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostSpeedy Eggbert, on 02 March 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Damien_Azreal locked it? How do these incompetent mods retain their privileges on multiple forums?

Not sure. I question his moderation abilities. Especially when it comes to enforcing rules. Let a lot of stuff slide, which should have been considered attacking other members. Least how I saw some of the posts.

Anyways, I'm kind of shady of Gearbox myself. Randy just seemed to be putting on a smile for the cameras, but deep down there was something fishy about this.

Their handling of A:CM makes me even more afraid of what they are gonna do to the Duke franchise.

The next Duke game will have preorder DLC, and you'll need a subscription to use the Devastator and Mighty Boot.

Wall Boobs will be five bucks extra. Doritos will introduce a new edible panty flavor as a tie in. Cheetos will shape their snacks like Randy's dick (Read: Empty bag). Costco Lemon Lime will have a Duke Nukem contest because they won't be able to afford Mountain Dew after Sega sues them to kingdom come. Corn Nuts will become "XTreme" again and have Duke's mugshot on the bag.

This post has been edited by 486DX2: 03 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

The most amazing thing of them all is that knowing how fucking bad gearbox is, it's shocking to realize that if they ever decide to make that new Duke Nukem game, it will most likely be much better than DNF even if this new gearbox Duke game would be a complete failure that follows their recent trend.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 04 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View PostBloodshot, on 03 April 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Their handling of A:CM makes me even more afraid of what they are gonna do to the Duke franchise.

I suspect they'll let it die in a ditch.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options