Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] New map Elvis Lives - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] New map Elvis Lives

User is offline   LAW 

You may want to check my new cool map for Redneck Rampage. It works with the erampage. I have also eliminated some bugs from the port and released the "0.95" update. It's nothing major, but the game is really playable now. Another update will include more touchups and Rides Again compatibility.

Map: http://www.jonhunt.c...evels/elvis.zip

Erampage 32 update: http://www.jonhunt.c...e_095_win32.zip

User is offline   Mark 

I just downloaded and I'll check it out shortly.

ADDED: I played the map but did not run the update yet. Its a fun little map. I had trouble with those dogs because they get underneath the player and you can't get to them. Not your fault of course. The one building that you can actually enter, I couldn't find the key for. I'll keep looking. It has a few visual glitches but nothing that upsets gameplay other than you can shoot through the side of the door in the previously mentioned building without opening it.

This post has been edited by Marked: 17 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

User is offline   LAW 

I know it's not Duke, but I may post a few shots to encourage you :(

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 01.jpg
  • Attached Image: 02.jpg
  • Attached Image: 03.jpg
  • Attached Image: 04.jpg
  • Attached Image: 05.jpg
  • Attached Image: 06.jpg

User is offline   MetHy 

I got to this part but there is nothing there and I don't know what to do next.

Posted Image

This is a pretty good RR usermap in the sense that, just like in the original game, you spend half your time running around wide open areas trying to figure out what to do next.

User is offline   MetHy 

The problem is that now I keep finding glitches instead of what to do

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit : finished it now, but I had to cheat. I RDCLIP'd my way through the vents underwater to reach the area with the windmill.
I'm not sure if I skipped a part of the map or not, or if the goal of the first area was to find enough explosives to blow up those vents (and I just couldn't find enough)

Anyway, good map, I liked it.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 18 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

User is offline   underTaker 

Wow, this map looks so cool on the screens. I'll have to find my copy of RR :(

User is offline   LAW 

[SPOILER] Met, You got your moonshine. Why not jump from some rooftop for serious explosives :(

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Screenshot look nice. Gonna give this one a try, even though I never played the original game properly.
Just curious, do you gonna make a Duke 3D version of this map?

User is offline   LAW 

^ I am surprised I have even made this map. It have been made for Rides Again and I have had to reedit it heavily to be runnable under original RR. I am too old to build :( Anyway download my update to erampage, put the redneck.grp inside the main dir and that's it. Just like playing eduke...

This post has been edited by LAW: 19 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Ok map, no idea how it compares to other RR usermaps. Was lost because I was unfamiliar with some of the game's mechanics (blowing up those crates, ladders etc.) so I spent most of the map wandering around. Some cool visuals.

User is offline   LAW 

^ I am happy you've played it. After cutting out things which don't work with Windows port I realized the map is too short. So I used 'dirty' puzzles like in my Club Doom map. I have also met the crate/manhole blowing up thing in Duke usermaps, but I admit it is unusual.

User is offline   Gambini 

RR maps must be very few. Still seeing this map I think the game has a lot of unexploited potential. I love the design, specially the trainyard area.

User is offline   LAW 

^ Nah, there are many of them, on the site above. In original version the trainyard was bigger and was located somewhere else. It had lights and other industrial stuff. I just love trains, Polish ones of course :( Redneck had and has potential. It's just the weird climate which may not suit to everybody.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options