Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Metropolitan Mayhem - a 15-map episode! - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Metropolitan Mayhem - a 15-map episode!

User is offline   FistMarine 

As far as I know, the original Metropolitan Mayhem release has no bugs regarding the final level buttons in the train level. The bug only happened in War of Attrition mod because the mod makes all nuke buttons act like the pal 0 nuke button, so no matter which pal the nuke button has, it will still advance to the next level. This was probably done for the user maps included in the mod, as some user maps use a different pal nuke button and also because of the way WoA is coded, so that it randomly chooses the next map.

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

User is online   ck3D 

thanks for addressing my worries, I don't really play mods so I couldn't have known that. glad to hear the 'vanilla' Metropolitan Mayhem is still fully functional, then.

just recently noticed someone on youtube uploaded a map-per-map playthrough of the entire episode, as the creators it's always really cool to see other people play the levels, I wish more players took the time to record this type of stuff, in a way it's some of the greatest feedback. here's a link to the first map of the episode (by MetHy) and the next ones just flow on the side from then on (tried to embed each video for every single map but the site wouldn't let me, there is a limitation and I don't want to clog this thread with multiple posts) :

another uploader did the same thing except playing MM with Attrition, I'm just about to watch that for the first time, as I was just saying I don't play mods, so to me this is going to feel like witnessing someone else's take on (partly) my work, like an alternate version or something, always interesting

This post has been edited by ck3D: 11 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

User is offline   FistMarine 

You mean the YouTuber WhamNinjaMolehill? If yes, then he did a playthrough of MM episode in Attrition and this is where I noticed the bug happening, so I'm glad I didn't play the episode in Attrition. I played the MM episode several times but only in EDuke32 without any mods.

User is online   ck3D 

yes it was those videos, watched them all the other night and consequently witnessed the bug we were discussing directly myself, kind of an oddity, oh well - if anything the player has to go through all four boss maps which isn't so bad in itself (having him skip some of the main levels would have been worse, for instance).

anyway it was really cool to see him go through all the maps especially seeing as he was providing audio commentary, as a mapper it's always very useful to experience the player's spontaneous reaction to what you built in a way that feels like you're along with them. gives you some perspective and hindsight about puzzles and fights you thought would be fair that turn out to be not so fair, or on the other hand other elements of the gameplay you wouldn't expect people to appreciate that it turns out they find enjoyable. the guy's confusion in the Yelldown Hellride level was especially interesting to me (in a satisfying way since I intended that map to be a mindfuck, although he did cheat through it), also in the Stadium Despair level. that was great to watch !

User is offline   ProAsm 

Congratulations to the team who designed this TC, it was brilliant to the end, and especially the end where you have a choice of endings.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, well done :lol:

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Hey ProAsm, thanks for everything you've done for Shadow Warrior :lol:

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options