Duke4.net Forums: [RESOURCES] Community Stockpile - Duke4.net Forums

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RESOURCES] Community Stockpile  "Free to use resources for mappers and modders."

User is offline   SigFloyd 

View PostFox, on 03 July 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Not particularily bad, but the Shotgun and Missile Launcher didn't have muzzle flashes in the original, so is it really necessary to add it? Also I don't know why you changed the blue and red lights in the Missile Launcher since it obviously was made for Duke palette.

It seems I missed the two separate little LED sprites for the launcher and jury rigged my own. At first I merely wanted to add the Duke64 pistol sprites into regular Duke as a way to teach myself about basic sprite work. After that I got carried away. As for the flashes, I though it looked kind of weird they didn't have any kind effect when you fired them, and then realized later that they seem to be hard coded not to light up the player when fired.

This post has been edited by SigFloyd: 03 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Pistol rips from Duke Advance. I thought they'll be useful for my project, but decided to use pistol sprites from Nuclear Showdown instead.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 06 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Here is my work I did on the sonic resonator. I've moved on to another eduke32 project and want to share this now.

Attached Image: sr3.pngAttached Image: sr1.pngAttached Image: sr4.png
Attached File  SONIC_RESONATOR.ZIP (2.71MB)
Number of downloads: 1040

PM me if you use this so I know to play your map!! I don't get around here too often these days.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostMarked, on 03 June 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I found about a dozen models with a Bladerunner theme maybe 6 months ago. I don't remember where I found them. I'll post a pic of one model in hopes that someone might recognize where they came from. I searched for over an hour for some TC or add-on using these but could not find anything. There is this cop car, a few other space-age looking cars and trucks, a few fancy columns, streetlight and parking meter. If no one objects after a while I will pass them on here. Everything was conveniently provided. Models, skins, art file and defs.

Just to let you know these are converted by me. I uploaded these a couple of months ago :(

User is online   Mark 

Its my old man memory failing me.

This post has been edited by Marked: 07 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Here's the Total Meltdown titles and fonts in the Duke3D palette.

Posted Image

Credits: Aardvark Software, 3D Realms, Darkus, James Manning (Captain Awesome)

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 12 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

User is online   Mark 

I decided to take a break from mapping today and go back to what got me started in the Eduke community. Making textures. I combined seperate textures of bricks, cement, windows, door and trim into one. Then I did some minor blending and touchups. I have included the normal and spec maps but I did not actually put these in the game to check them out so those may or may not need some tweaking. They are 512 x 512 png's with no optimizing. I'm leaving it up to the user on how they wish to convert or compress them.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: textureszip.jpg

Attached File(s)

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Okay.. I'm doing something that I always wished somebody else would do. I'm going to attempt to make the 6,7, and 8 frames for Duke. I have no other way of explaining it.

Here's my base for frame 6. It will need shading and all that goody good stuff (so it looks more realistic, the hair will also need to be edited some), but right now I am focused on the arms, which you can tell I messed up. I wasn't thinking so Duke looks like he's left handed here. I'm trying to fix it, but I thought I'd just post this for you all to see, and hopefully get information on the best way to finish it would be.

Attached Image: 06.png

User is online   Mark 

Are you replacing originals? If so, I think people will want to see your new version alongside the original so they can comment on good, bad or what needs tweaking. Screenshots of your work in the game would help also.

• Honored Donor

Of course screen shots in game would help, but it's not like I know how to add them in with the others.

But, I can do this..

Attached Image: bar618.png

The main problem right now is the arms. So when viewing, disregard shading for now.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 15 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The jetpack needs to be moved to continue the rotation.

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 15 July 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

The jetpack needs to be moved to continue the rotation.

Okay, so I should edit the jet pack, what about the arms? I know I'll need to edit the right arm for sure (the butt of the gun is supposed to be there).\

EDIT: I am allowed to update these sprites here right? While asking for input or what not? Or should I just post them again when I feel they're done?

Okay,
Attached Image: 06.png

Edited the jetpack, edited the right arm. Should I make the right arm a little more stretched out?

Another (unfinished)
Attached Image: 08.png

This post has been edited by gerolf: 15 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I would say this thread is best reserved for finished (or unfinished if you're not intending to continue working on them) resources, while the What are you working on for Duke right now? thread sounds like a much better place for WIP work. Having full rotations is a good idea though and could prove useful in the future.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 15 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Two shiny silver balls...
Jon St. John reads 50 Shades of Grey
Some snippets you might find useful:
Attached File  50 Shades snippets.zip (965.8K)
Number of downloads: 1049

This post has been edited by LeoD: 22 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

• Honored Donor

I was fooling around with GIMP and made this..

Attached Image: dookee.gif

A shadeless Duke? ;) Get real!

(Doesn't he look kinda special?)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He looks extremely pissed off.

User is offline   Cage 

He looks like he has closed eyes and very thick eyebrows.

• Honored Donor

lol. I wasn't taking it seriously though. Nobody has ever wanted a non shaded Duke since 1996.

• Honored Donor

I have about 68 Duke quotes from DNZH. Here's one that I resampled to 8000 so it sounds more like it'd match with the DN3D sounds (however I still have the original WAV file that is in its default sampling).

Attached File  Time to Kill.wav (136.13K)
Number of downloads: 960

I might post all of them in an archive someday, but I'm not exactly sure if there is just 68 Duke quotes in the game, there's over 3000 sounds in it, and it's very tedious extracting them. I did extract some music and a lot of the soldier quotes (many of which could fit with NAM).

This post has been edited by gerolf: 11 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

User is offline   Besli 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 12 July 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Here's the Total Meltdown titles and fonts in the Duke3D palette.

Wow, that's very nice!
Here's the Menu font from Duke Nukem Manhattan Project,
would love to see it converted to a red/big font replacement for EDuke.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: f_main_grey.png

User is offline   Besli 

Oh, and don't let us forget the nice XBLA resources ripped from Hendricks266:
http://forums.duke4....-nukem-3d-xbla/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've actually been planning on doing that Besli, thanks for giving me a push.

User is offline   Besli 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 August 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I've actually been planning on doing that Besli, thanks for giving me a push.

No problem! ;)
Also a XBLA Menu Pack would be very nice. I can stick together what I have if you want.

User is online   Mark 

The voices in my head were telling me to mess around with some textures today. One idea for custom use is having simple piston animations for the many HRP doors that use them. I'm hoping its a simple con code for someone to write for triggering the animation and sound fx before the doors open ? If so, I'll make a few more if anyone might be interested in coding and using them. If its more trouble than its worth, let me know and I will move on to something else. I chose tile 156 Polymost version first beacause it looked to be a very simple one for the test with only a small movement of a single piston. I was originally going to create some fancy model versions of doors but thought I would go this route first instead.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: tile156 piston move.jpg

This post has been edited by Marked: 02 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

User is online   Mark 

For a little variety in your book shelves here are alternate versions of tile 789 to go along with the original ( pictured on the left )

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 0789.jpg
  • Attached Image: 0789a.png
  • Attached Image: 0789b.jpg

• Honored Donor

Got some stuff to show you all. First and foremost, it is not my work, but the creator isn't interested in joining these forums, and has allowed me to share them here with you all.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Credit Latchford, Eriance, 3DRs.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postgerolf, on 15 October 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

I've gotta say that those don't look anything like each other.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

I didn't know it was possible to hold a gun at that angle...

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

The rest are pretty cool.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I'm not sure I like all of the guns having completely different angles, probably none of which aim at the center of the screen.

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options