Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC released - Merry x-mas! - Duke4.net Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AMC TC released - Merry x-mas!  "One hell of a christmas present"

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Like on games.

I killed the weak things before the big cheese.
Killed 4 mages, wizard on top and then that big demon.

Also didn't knew u can take/throw boulders. That is cool.
I sometime threw garbage cans at soldiers in the warzone.

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for the front page post guys :)

Ok, i thought the megabase was really boring. But you guys kept saying that this is a super great TC, so i thought i just had to get past the megabase level. And i really like that level on jupiter :) I just wish you gave the levels more detail :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postrasmus thorup, on 26 December 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Ok, i thought the megabase was really boring. But you guys kept saying that this is a super great TC, so i thought i just had to get past the megabase level. And i really like that level on jupiter :) I just wish you gave the levels more detail :P

I'm not sure which level you're talking about exactly, but as a beta tester, I played the TC several times, and I enjoyed it more each time. Once you get a feel for the weapons and enemies, and know the level layouts so you don't get lost and confused so much, you can actually focus on the gameplay and the atmosphere itself, and then you'll understand why everyone keeps saying it's an excellent TC!

I actually quit the megabase level when i was about halfdone with it the first time, then decided to download the whole mod again and completed megabase. But it just doesn't catch me. I thought the megabase had really great details. But i liked the second level more but that lacked a bit detail.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

OMG, I've been waiting for this mod! Downloading now!

Ahem, I'm a bit lost on the first "real" level, the Mega Base. Where I'm supposed to go after I got the keycard hidden in that scary reactor core filled by Newbeast and radiations and used it on the correspondent lock ?

This post has been edited by Headless_Horseman: 26 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostHeadless_Horseman, on 26 December 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Ahem, I'm a bit lost on the first "real" level, the Mega Base. Where I'm supposed to go after I got the keycard hidden in that scary reactor core filled by Newbeast and radiations and used it on the correspondent lock ?

the next building behind the building with the lock (kinda looks like a tower). the view screen next to the lock should have shown you where to go

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm stuck on Ganymede. I have nearly completed the level, but once I activate the 3:00 timer I don't know what to do. The guy outside the door says something about a broken torch but I don't understand it.

View PostHeadless_Horseman, on 26 December 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

I discovered that the automap shows where keycard access points are located. Follow Forge's directions.

User is offline   Jblade 

There's a locked door that's in the main cave chamber; a Cybertour spawns outside it and inside you can see a green temple. Go in there :)

User is offline   CruX 

I love it in ways a man should probably never, ever love a mod, but oh well. It's that damn good :)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Damn, this TC kicks serious ass. Loving it so far.

Just downloaded this and from the small amount I have played I can say this is a brilliant game! Congratulations.

I think this TC is too short,are you going to release new episodes?
Btw,it was a nice surprise to hear NIN's "Ghosts" as a soundtrack to some levels and boss fight :)

User is offline   djdori11 

Oh nice i see you made an ModDB page with a new version, what have you changed?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Amazing TC guys. I am blown away at the massiveness of the whole thing. I have just gotten started, can't wait to really get into this one.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMister Sinister, on 27 December 2011 - 07:33 AM, said:

I think this TC is too short,are you going to release new episodes?
Btw,it was a nice surprise to hear NIN's "Ghosts" as a soundtrack to some levels and boss fight :)

Too short?! If anything I though it was too long at times! If you've played it once you're nowhere near done.

Oh nice i see you made an ModDB page with a new version, what have you changed?

Fixed the few bugs mentioned, it's not worth redownloading it if you already have it.

Well,heh,i guess it just so suddenly ended for me - i enjoyed every second of it and played it for a four hours,but then came the ending credits and i was like - "And this is the end? :P " But nevermind,TC is great. :)
Hope you'll release some additional stuff for it.

User is offline   jake_cobb 

Wow. great mod. played it twice through first as James and then as Zaxtor.. nice touch that all playable characters can be used for the first level.. had a go at the single levels with all 12 characters.. only issue I had was the framerate drag during warzone and providence.. although that's probably my pc being a bit slow and not coping well.. also liked the fact that not all the characters use "guns" to fight with.. love sang's ability to "morph" and merljn and martan (sp?!?) characters welding medieval melee weapons made me giggle a bit.

over 4 hrs game play for me is quite long for a 1 episode tc.. certainly makes me feel it's worth playing. Can't wait for the expansions (if and when they come)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postjake_cobb, on 27 December 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

over 4 hrs game play for me is quite long for a 1 episode tc.. certainly makes me feel it's worth playing.

Equal length & more variety than CoD!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just started playing a little bit, and I'm really enjoying it, lots of cool stuff in here. I noticed that, at least with James' character, that if you try to do the wall jump holding space maneuver in mid-air you'll start bouncing back and forth on thin air.

So far I'm getting the feeling of the first Imagination World but times a hundred. Just that really old school 90's mish mash type of mod, but it really works here in a good way.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

I've played this to the end now. You guys did a great job!
At times i got "stuck" but with a little searching i was always able to continue.

The aspects that impressed me the most were use of ambient sounds (like on Ganymed), story (Megabase and Millhaven) and a million new features (e.g. the scanner-idea was great in Megabase but could have been used more in other levels).
One thing i regretted was that the research aspect fell a little short somehow. I was always waiting to be able to return to my homebase to do some research.
But it probably will come out more when i start playing some userlevels.

Yeah, my favorite levels were Millhaven (awesome design, suspenseful story and athmosphere, idea of talking to "NPCs", entering buildings and vehicles) and For Providence (design, suspense, changing of main characters to create "cliffhangers", interaction with John). And the idea for Sangs spell is priceless of course! Posted Image
What else is there... massive voiceover work, Bossmonsters... There is so much cool stuff in it and very few things to criticize.

So thanks a lot for a great christmas-gift to everyone involved!

This post has been edited by chicken: 28 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

I just downloaded AMC last night, and I'm already hooked. I love it. Though I have found a couple of bugs
1. On Highwire's personal level, every time I get to a certain point, I get the message "I can't go on without my buddy Vladmir." I'll get this message even when Vladmir's standing right next to me.
2. Every time i try to load a save, it gives me a message saying, " Loading Save Game file 'dukesav3.esv' failed (code 5) cannot receive."

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostTheAdamantArchvile, on 28 December 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

2. Every time i try to load a save, it gives me a message saying, " Loading Save Game file 'dukesav3.esv' failed (code 5) cannot receive."

This was fixed with r2212 (see synthesis).

Oh, wow! I'll have to download this when I go to town today. Can't wait to play it. :)

User is offline   Cage 

Great TC, I'm at Sandt industries at the moment. Love the features and the setting.

However, I was surprised to see some art assets made by me, specifically, cyberspace textures/elements for Hacx 2.0. I wasn't asked for permission, nor I am mentioned in the credit list of AMC TC.

Until the Hacx 2.0 project is released, I won't allow any of it's art assets, made by me, to be used in other works.

Please replace them ASAP.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHelixhorned, on 28 December 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

This was fixed with r2212 (see synthesis).

Awesome. I tried loading up the game today to find my save was borked.

Though if someone wants to keep playing their save on the old version, I found a way that seems to work.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 28 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostCage, on 28 December 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

Great TC, I'm at Sandt industries at the moment. Love the features and the setting.

However, I was surprised to see some art assets made by me, specifically, cyberspace textures/elements for Hacx 2.0. I wasn't asked for permission, nor I am mentioned in the credit list of AMC TC.

Until the Hacx 2.0 project is released, I won't allow any of it's art assets, made by me, to be used in other works.

Please replace them ASAP.

Sorry, I thought I added you to the credits list and didn't think you would mind. I'll replace them now but I can't change the main files straight away so hopefully you'll understand if it takes a bit of time for the mirrors to update.

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 28 December 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Awesome. I tried loading up the game today to find my save was borked.

Though if someone wants to keep playing their save on the old version, I found a way that seems to work.
Spoiler

Er, yeah, I introduced a new savegame format around the same time as AMC TC was released. Bad timing, I know, but I didn't want to keep it rotting on my hard drive. I have no idea how your proposed method should work, since r2207+ will simply refuse to load old saves.

• EDuke32 Developer

About the game itself, I'm greatly enjoying it so far. Megabase, which I just finished, has to be one of the best hi-tech themed maps around (if not the best), and a lot of stuff is original for a Duke TC, to my knowledge.

Still, I do have some quibbles.

- The 'radioactive gas' actor sets the game palette on each tic. Why this is (edit: was/will not be anymore?) problematic is described in the recent changelog, but I still have to see whether Windows suffers from it too.
- Some mirrors are glitchy. I just ran a small test, and the size of the sector behind the mirror does matter! I think it's the Mapping Guide that claims otherwise.

The mirror bugs reported earlier are due to playing the TC in Polymost (it uses TROR, and that's unsupported).

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options