• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AMC TC released - Merry x-mas!  "One hell of a christmas present"

View PostZaxtor, on 25 December 2011 - 11:40 AM, said:

I see.
so still considered a clip sorta :).

Also I am trying to find the 2nd skull in the hell level.
Unknown level is called or something.

Found 1 skull soo far.
Level is awsome.

Is it normal theres a small hole you can't fall in?
U levitate.

That's what the bugfix is. That's normaly the jumppad.

User is offline   djdori11 

Hey i started playing this game and i completed the intro and a some of the first level, and man this is amazing! I love it!
It's like Duke Nukem 3D spin-off sequel! I like the connection between the games, but it should be explained why and when Duke Nukem died and such, and i wish the graphics was better than Duke Nukem 3D ones, hehe. (The graphics and level design is great though, true to the original Duke Nukem 3D.)
But i seen some minor bugs and stuff i dont like, but besides that everything is brilliant! keep this amazing TC up! Update it once in awhile it's really that good! The best Duke Nukem 3D TC i seen so far.

This post has been edited by djdori11: 25 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

User is online   Sangman 

It's great to see people are enjoying this so much - and while James put all of our names in the OP, make no mistake, he did 90% or more of all the work. Of course, all team members did a great job, but the amount of effort James has put into this is rather noteworthy I would say.

View PostSangman, on 25 December 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

It's great to see people are enjoying this so much - and while James put all of our names in the OP, make no mistake, he did 90% or more of all the work. Of course, all team members did a great job, but the amount of effort James has put into this is rather noteworthy I would say.

Yeah good job James!
And btw, i forgot to say that i liked the Half-Life references and voices hehe.

This post has been edited by djdori11: 25 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

Uh so in the tutorial it mentions a sprint key, what is that?

A key that makes you sprint xD Go through the keyboard list.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Other glitch found.
If you ride that robot thing and you fall from great height it wont kill you but u be stuck down the pit.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've also found a general gameplay glitch. It seems that if you buy the upgrade which allows you to accumulate regular medpacks as a medkit, you'll keep on adding medpacks to the kit even when the medkit is full, which means any medpacks you walk close to disappear from the map if your health and medkit is full. So if you somehow use up your medkit and lose most of your health, you can't backtrack and pick up these kits later. Shouldn't they just not be picked up at all?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 25 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Just started playing it but it crashed on the first run and lost my settings. I then renamed the nedmalloc.dll file
to nedmalloc.dl0 and ran it again, manually saved the game, exited and restarted. Just getting a feel for it now.
So far, sooo good!
Lots of gifts from Santa Duke this year, thanks for putting this one under the Nuke!

User is offline   Stabs 

playing as geoffery I really like this, particularly the hacking bits very ss2, i hope they are more complex, one annoying bug i found was i was moving around while using a keycard and moved to the side before the whole animation completed, it used the card but didnt unlock it,

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMicky C, on 25 December 2011 - 09:25 PM, said:

I've also found a general gameplay glitch. It seems that if you buy the upgrade which allows you to accumulate regular medpacks as a medkit, you'll keep on adding medpacks to the kit even when the medkit is full, which means any medpacks you walk close to disappear from the map if your health and medkit is full. So if you somehow use up your medkit and lose most of your health, you can't backtrack and pick up these kits later. Shouldn't they just not be picked up at all?

Damn, I thought I fixed that but apparently I didn't. well spotted :)

one annoying bug i found was i was moving around while using a keycard and moved to the side before the whole animation completed, it used the card but didnt unlock it,

Fixed!

Other glitch found.
If you ride that robot thing and you fall from great height it wont kill you but u be stuck down the pit.

I've added a small one-way teleport to the bottom of the pit for the patch :P

EDIT: Is there anybody who can make a post on Duke4's frontpage about this? I'd really appreciate the extra publicity even if most people already check the forums :)

This post has been edited by James: 26 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I submitted a news article which was basically a copy-paste job of your first post, because I thought it was such a great description. One of the mods will probably tweak it if they feel it's too long.

I found another glitch. I was playing as Geoffrey, and I looked in the mirror in the bathroom on the stairs up to the bar in the hub level, and he had no reflection; his sprite wasn't in the mirror, even though everything else was reflecting properly.

User is offline   Jblade 

That's a really strange bug, just went there now and I could see Geoffrey's reflection just fine :) I would love to know how to stop a sprite from reflecting itself though heh heh.

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostMicky C, on 26 December 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

I submitted a news article which was basically a copy-paste job of your first post, because I thought it was such a great description. One of the mods will probably tweak it if they feel it's too long.

I found another glitch. I was playing as Geoffrey, and I looked in the mirror in the bathroom on the stairs up to the bar in the hub level, and he had no reflection; his sprite wasn't in the mirror, even though everything else was reflecting properly.

ive found a couple mirrors where geof would not be reflecting in and some he would too

Yeah I have the mirror problem too I think you should release 1.1
Btw is the story of Duke Nukem Forever is part of this game or just Duke Nukem 3D? And it was explained why and when Duke Nukem died?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I get along with the majority of the people who run this site, but I find it hard to fathom that a minor HRP update has precedence over this release as front page news.

Fix for Abyss

Oh, well, i was sure i've get stuck for a bug in that level ^^

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostForge, on 26 December 2011 - 05:09 AM, said:

I get along with the majority of the people who run this site, but I find it hard to fathom that a minor HRP update has precedence over this release as front page news.

I agree with this 100%

I too see no player reflections in the bathroom mirrors, also sprites like the toilets don't reflect.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 26 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

We have 2 or 3 more news stories we'll be posting soon, and this is one of them. "Stay tuned!"

User is offline   Jblade 

^ Thanks! :)

I've never seen this problem with mirrors...what render mode are you guys running in? This seems more like a Eduke problem than an AMC one as I haven't touched anything to do with mirrors (if that's even possible with con code)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

By the way, sorry that I couldn't get those voices done for you. As soon as I got something I could record with I ended up getting a horrible cold... damn effects are still lingering.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postdjdori11, on 26 December 2011 - 04:52 AM, said:

And it was explained why and when Duke Nukem died?

Nope. This is one of those questions that may be better left unanswered. In the future, we could reveal more clues or something without ever actually revealing his fate.

View PostJames, on 26 December 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

I've never seen this problem with mirrors...what render mode are you guys running in? This seems more like a Eduke problem than an AMC one as I haven't touched anything to do with mirrors (if that's even possible with con code)

Both renders are weird. (8bit and Polymost)
8bit being rather odd and reflecting everything on screen including the FPS counter...

Posted Image
8bit

Posted Image
32bit

This post has been edited by The Commander: 26 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostTX, on 26 December 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

By the way, sorry that I couldn't get those voices done for you. As soon as I got something I could record with I ended up getting a horrible cold... damn effects are still lingering.

That's not a problem :) If you ever do get time to do them, I can patch them in no problems (I'm hoping to make patches more than just big fixes anyways)

As for the mirrors; that's definitly nothing to do with me! I'd suggest pointing helixhorned at it or something. I haven't seen those problems myself.

This post has been edited by James: 26 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

View PostJames, on 26 December 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

As for the mirrors; that's definitly nothing to do with me! I'd suggest pointing helixhorned at it or something. I haven't seen those problems myself.

I am just using the eduke that was included with the package, but till I saw the other people talking about it I thought that it was because Rusty was secretly a vampire or something and wasn't ment to reflect a image. :)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 26 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Also you run out of ammo before the last boss dies. He gets really low on HP when ammo says empty,

So I kicked, punched and kick-spin the crap out of him :)

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 26 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

User is offline   Loke 

Currently running through it a second time with more of the unlocks. So fun! I had some issues in 8-bit though regarding the video brightness which caused me to switch to Polymost. Since many maps are so dark on my monitor I had to increase the brightness/gamma however it would occasionally switch back to the default settings while playing. No idea why. Game still looks mighty fine in 32-bit though.

View PostJames, on 26 December 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

I have the same issues as Commander both in 8-bit and Polymost. It's not really bothersome for me though.

Zaxtor:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Loke: 26 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostLoke, on 26 December 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

Zaxtor:
Spoiler

You can also use the
Spoiler
to chip away his health.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLoke, on 26 December 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

Currently running through it a second time with more of the unlocks.

Spoilers about 'For Providence':
Spoiler

I've also created a wiki for the mod, since A) it's better than a normal webpage B ) easier for me to update and C) will eventually hold just about anything you'd want to know about the mod. Right now it's got information on all the characters (This info is ingame on the computers in mine and Highwire's room) as well as plot info on the original IW.

http://amctc.wikia.c...iki/AMC_TC_Wiki

This post has been edited by James: 26 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 26 December 2011 - 09:15 AM, said:

Nope. This is one of those questions that may be better left unanswered. In the future, we could reveal more clues or something without ever actually revealing his fate.

Oh ok i just thought that it would be interesting to know in the AMC story why and when Duke Nukem died..

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options