Duke4.net Forums: No sound FX - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No sound FX  "Win 7 64.."

User is offline   InkyA 

Just installed Eduke, current version on Win 7, 64 bit. I followed the directions, and while I have the background music, I have no sound effects at all. Any ideas?

This post has been edited by InkyA: 27 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostInkyA, on 27 August 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Just installed Eduke, current version on Win 7, 64 bit. I followed the directions, and while I have the background music, I have no sound effects at all. Any ideas?

Attach your eduke32.log file.

Go to the menu and check the sound settings. See if the sound is disabled and you can't turn it on.

User is offline   InkyA 

EDuke32 2.0.0devel r1850
Compiled Mar 19 2011 11:00:03
Using C:/eduke32_current/ for game data
Windows 7 (build 6.1.7601) Service Pack 1
Initializing DirectDraw...
Searching for game data...
Uninitializing DirectDraw...

Also the sound is enabled.

View PostDeeperThought, on 27 August 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

Go to the menu and check the sound settings. See if the sound is disabled and you can't turn it on.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

He obviously meant an eduke32.log from actually running the game and having the sound not work, not from loading the startup window and clicking cancel...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDeeperThought, on 27 August 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

And before you go ahead and do anything foolish, note he said attach the log file. That doesn't mean copy and paste it into this thread, instead either paste it here and drop us a link: http://pastebin.com/
Or put it in a .zip file and upload it as an attachment.

Sorry if I came off as a bit forward, but in the past people have pasted incredibly long log files equivalent to a few thousand miles of text and it doesn't put people in a good mood when they have to scroll though all that.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

User is offline   InkyA 

View PostTX, on 27 August 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

He obviously meant an eduke32.log from actually running the game and having the sound not work, not from loading the startup window and clicking cancel...

No need to talk down to people. Sheesh.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   InkyA 

View PostMicky C, on 27 August 2011 - 08:38 PM, said:

And before you go ahead and do anything foolish, note he said attach the log file. That doesn't mean copy and paste it into this thread, instead either paste it here and drop us a link: http://pastebin.com/
Or put it in a .zip file and upload it as an attachment.

Sorry if I came off as a bit forward, but in the past people have pasted incredibly long log files equivalent to a few thousand miles of text and it doesn't put people in a good mood when they have to scroll though all that.

No worries.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options