Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher. - Frontend - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher. - Frontend

User is offline   Skulldog 

New Website for downloading Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher!

http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher v1.9.

Changelog for Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher.

V1.9 9-20-2014

Fix default player color to brown pants for Single Player.
Fix Twin Dragon Episodes.
Added player color selection option in Single Player Menu.
Splash install screen now has what version you are installing.
Special Thanks to DustFalcon85 and FistMarine for bugs reported and suggestions.

V1.8 4-2-2014

Updated Build with VS Express 2013 for Desktop
Added Fullresolution control in options menu.
Stop the application from minimizing and waiting for dosbox to close before going back to normal windows state. Game runs better this way.
Removed Space Bar as Open key, Now E is the only key set to Open in default SW.CFG keyboard
controls.
Chaged the default control key for smoke bomb to B.
Fix some Multiplayer error messages.

V1.7 8-7-2013

Added CD Music volume control.
Added install selection for Shadow Warrior Redux Classic (1997). Labeled as Install Shadow Warrior Redux (Classic).
Added Wanton Destruction Fix by SCPM June 01, 2013. Details in WD directory readme file additional_text.txt.
Added Twin Dragon $OUTPOST.MAP Fix by SCPM June 01, 2013. Details in TDRAGON directory readme file additional_text.txt.

V1.6 6-5-2013

Added install selection for Shadow Warrior Classic (1997).
Added install selection for GOG Shadow Warrior Complete Download version.
Added install selection for 3D Realms Shadow Warrior Download version.
Renamed Video sound menu to Option Settings for new options stuff.
Added Brightness control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity control in Options.
Added Mouse X-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Y-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity for Dosbox control in Options.
Added Dosbox memsize control in Options.
Fixed a few bugs.

http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

Install this in a separate folder from your Good Old Games, 3D Realms, Steam install folders. And do a clean install.

Steam Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) F2P install:

Create a folder C:\GAMES\SW, C:\SW LAUNCHER. Then Unzip Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher zip to the folder you created. Run SWLauncher.exe. After Launcher starts if it detects that you have Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) installed. You can select Install Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) and click the start game button. Then it will copy the files from Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) folder to the Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher folder, Then the game will start and your off and running.

Good Old Games Download Version of Shadow Warrior Complete install:

Create a folder C:\GAMES\SW, C:\SW LAUNCHER. Then Unzip Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher zip to the folder you created. Run SWLauncher.exe. After Launcher starts if it detects that you have GOG Shadow Warrior Complete installed. You can select Install GOG Shadow Warrior Complete and click the start game button. Then it will copy the files from GOG Shadow Warrior Complete folder to the Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher folder, Then the game will start and your off and running.

3DRealms Download Version of Shadow Warrior install:

Create a folder C:\GAMES\SW, C:\SW LAUNCHER. Then Unzip Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher zip to the folder you created. Run SWLauncher.exe. After Launcher starts if it detects that you have 3D REALMS Shadow Warrior installed. You can select Install 3D REALMS Shadow Warrior and click the start game button. Then it will copy the files from 3D REALMS Shadow Warrior folder to the Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher folder, Then the game will start and your off and running.

Shadow Warrior 1.2 CD-ROM:

Create a folder C:\GAMES\SW, C:\SW. Then Unzip Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher zip
to the folder you created. Run SWLauncher.exe. Select install Shadow Warrior from CD and press the start game Button. It will ask you to insert your Shadow Warrior 1.2 CD-ROM and Click OK. Insert your CD-ROM and then click OK. After install the game will start. Then your off and running.

BIN\CUE Audio Music Image of Shadow Warrior CD Sound Tracks. This is not a Copy
of the Shadow Warrior Cd-Rom Game Data, just the CD Music Tracks. You will still
need to own a copy of Shadow Warrior on Cd-rom Or Downloaded Version from 3DRealms.

Includes some TC's, and Maps.

BMOUSE Mouse aim supported by SwissCM.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 28 September 2014 - 03:15 AM

Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher V1.1

V1.1 5-24-2011

Fix Music not playing after Cd-rom install when the game starts up.

Made Original CD-rom Music used if available, if not then BIN\CUE Music
is used.

Upgraded Build to MSVB 2010.

http://buildgamedosb....com/index.html

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

User is offline   weedweed 

"Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:56 AM"

hy, cool work, it works fine with windows 7, with sound, no problems, great!!!

View Postweedweed, on 03 September 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

"Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:56 AM"

hy, cool work, it works fine with windows 7, with sound, no problems, great!!!

Good to Know it works with Windows 7. :(

Here are the new download links for Shadow Warrior Dosbox Launcher V1.3.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

While you're making an update to Shadow Warrior DOSBox Launcher. Can you develop some sort of program to change the ammo capacities, damage outputs, inventory just like X-Group program in Shadow Warrior? Example the UZI holds 200 rounds max, I want to double it to 400. I've been told it requires hacking the .exe in DOS. While I can change the ammo limit and weapon damages in Duke Nukem 3d and Redneck Rampage by editing the CON files (don't know how in Blood, yet). SWP does this w/ X-Group but I heard of a save game bug that prevents you from loading a save and the ProAsm's website is gone and no longer does updates.

I use the modified CONs for single player only. As for multiplayer, well depends what everyone thinks of improving the ammo capacity for Build games.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 12 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 12 August 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

While you're making an update to Shadow Warrior DOSBox Launcher. Can you develop some sort of program to change the ammo capacities, damage outputs, inventory just like X-Group program in Shadow Warrior? Example the UZI holds 200 rounds max, I want to double it to 400. I've been told it requires hacking the .exe in DOS. While I can change the ammo limit and weapon damages in Duke Nukem 3d and Redneck Rampage by editing the CON files (don't know how in Blood, yet). SWP does this w/ X-Group but I heard of a save game bug that prevents you from loading a save and the ProAsm's website is gone and no longer does updates.

I use the modified CONs for single player only. As for multiplayer, well depends what everyone thinks of improving the ammo capacity for Build games.

I look into it and see what can do. I'm not sure how you can do this.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

ProAsm's own SwGroup utility is capable of edits. When I get my PC back together I will upload it, and most of his other stuff, mirrored on my site.

(Interesting note: I will probably use SwGroup when Deadly Kiss gets an official release because it is important that the original DOS executable be supported.)

View PostHendricks266, on 12 August 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

ProAsm's own SwGroup utility is capable of edits. When I get my PC back together I will upload it, and most of his other stuff, mirrored on my site.

(Interesting note: I will probably use SwGroup when Deadly Kiss gets an official release because it is important that the original DOS executable be supported.)

Oh Yea, I'll add support for SwGroup.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

ProAsm's site is back up. Here is SwGroup:

SwGroup : http://www.proasm.co.../sw/SwGroup.zip

Source code : http://www.proasm.co...w/SwGrp_Src.zip

Not usable in SWP and requires DOS or Win98 to execute.

Thanks!, Swgroup file is on duke world too! I think, it is an older one though. I'm working on Blood and Duke dosbox launchers right now. Will work on Shadow Warrior next.

New version of Shadow Warrior DosBox launcher v1.4 !

Like your website Skulldog. Like how ADrive lets you store big zip files. Anyways the download link to Blood DOSbox launcher isn't working yet. But as for Duke 3D's. It links to version V 1.5. not 1.6 or 1.7.

Update. Hmm. How do I edit the GRP files to Shadow Warrior and Wanton Destruction w/ SWGROUP in DOS? I know how to do it in SWP but not this one. Need a tutorial on this.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 30 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 30 September 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Like your website Skulldog. Like how ADrive lets you store big zip files. Anyways the download link to Blood DOSbox launcher isn't working yet. But as for Duke 3D's. It links to version V 1.5. not 1.6 or 1.7.

Update. Hmm. How do I edit the GRP files to Shadow Warrior and Wanton Destruction w/ SWGROUP in DOS? I know how to do it in SWP but not this one. Need a tutorial on this.

I fixed the download for Blood. I will update duke soon as I can. As for the swgroup program You need to creat a working folder under .\CUSTOM\your folder name, put your files to make
a group file or put a group file in it to unzip and edit. Read all the readme files to see what all you can do. After you made or edited your stuff you can test start it. If you mess up, delete the
folder and start over till you get the hang of it. Once you get a working game folder you can always run from TC Addons menu. You will see a copy of all the originalTc made for examples
in the custom folder.

View PostSkulldog, on 30 September 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

I fixed the download for Blood. I will update duke soon as I can. As for the swgroup program You need to creat a working folder under .\CUSTOM\your folder name, put your files to make
a group file or put a group file in it to unzip and edit. Read all the readme files to see what all you can do. After you made or edited your stuff you can test start it. If you mess up, delete the
folder and start over till you get the hang of it. Once you get a working game folder you can always run from TC Addons menu. You will see a copy of all the originalTc made for examples
in the custom folder.

All I have to do is use Xgroup to unzip the GRP file into a folder then use the DOS one to edit it right?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 02 October 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

All I have to do is use Xgroup to unzip the GRP file into a folder then use the DOS one to edit it right?

Yes, that should do it.

User is offline   SuperFudd 

Thank you VERY much, Skulldog, for the Shadow Warrior Dos Box Launcher.
I had graffic problems with just Dos Box. SWP was wonderful until I upgraded my video card, then I had music but NO sound. ;)
Now I can not only enjoy SW again but I now have all those extra versions and maps. Then it got even better!
I see you have both of my SW maps included. Unfortunately there are problems with that. Witch_A won't launch because you have the "_" in the tittle as a space instead. I replaced the space with the _ and it worked fine.
You have both CV63 and it's beta version listed but, unfortunely, launching CV63 gets the beta version. I sugest you delete both and include my latest version, CV63-A.map.

dlsaferatjuno"com.

This post has been edited by SuperFudd: 08 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostSuperFudd, on 08 October 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Thank you VERY much, Skulldog, for the Shadow Warrior Dos Box Launcher.
I had graffic problems with just Dos Box. SWP was wonderful until I upgraded my video card, then I had music but NO sound. ;)
Now I can not only enjoy SW again but I now have all those extra versions and maps. Then it got even better!
I see you have both of my SW maps included. Unfortunately there are problems with that. Witch_A won't launch because you have the "_" in the tittle as a space instead. I replaced the space with the _ and it worked fine.
You have both CV63 and it's beta version listed but, unfortunely, launching CV63 gets the beta version. I sugest you delete both and include my latest version, CV63-A.map.

dlsaferatjuno"com.

Thanks!, I will take care of that on next release.

View PostSkulldog, on 09 October 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Thanks!, I will take care of that on next release.

Thanks Skulldog.
Is there an easy way you can include text file that may be available for the maps? Maybe just include them in the folder with the maps.
I expect some maps never had text files and some do fine without one but some, including my CVA63, need thiers to fully appreciate them.
If you need more maps, I have many not by me, including text files.

View PostSuperFudd, on 09 October 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Thanks Skulldog.
Is there an easy way you can include text file that may be available for the maps? Maybe just include them in the folder with the maps.
I expect some maps never had text files and some do fine without one but some, including my CVA63, need thiers to fully appreciate them.
If you need more maps, I have many not by me, including text files.

Sure, I can do that. Sorry I did not have the text file included.. Just so you know, you can add maps to the MAPS folder, and MAPSWB folder and they will show up in the list box.
Where do I download the files from?

EDIT: OOPS! I thought this post failed so I did it again, revised. Oh well.

Yep. I copied my CV63-A to the MAPS folder and it works fine.

In answer to where to find the maps, I expect you alredy know what I just discovered when I went looking for SW maps today, there seems to be only one site left that carrys them:
http://dukertcm.com/...downloads-rtcm/
I supose I should compare a list of what comes with your launcher to what that site has, to what I have. I just realized that it is not a small task.
Hmmm...

This post has been edited by SuperFudd: 10 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yep. I put CV63-A in the maps folder and it worked fine.

I searched today for SW maps and only found two sites with them!

http://www.proasm.com/sw/swaddons.html

I will compare the list of maps with your launcher to those on those two sites to those I have.

I have three levels including one by me (CV63-A) that I cannot find on the internet. I could email them to you.
If you want to include every SW map available on the internet I sugest you first get all at
that you don't already have and then try
http://www.proasm.com/sw/swaddons.html
for any others.
Please, at least get my CV63-A and delete the other CV63s.

dlsaferatjuno,com.

This post has been edited by SuperFudd: 10 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I've just started using SW Dosbox Launcher v1.4 (and excellent it is too), but in SWP 4.32 there was an additional episode/TC I can play called The Last Warrior (lastwar.grp) and I'd like to add it to SWDBL. Can anyone give me details of how I do this? The Last Warriror is available for download from ProASM's web site under the Addons for Shadow Warrior.

My guess is I have to use SWGROUP but having never done any sort of Build engine game editing, I'm a complete beginner!

Much thanks!

CP

SuperFudd, I'll change the map soon. I am working on Redneck DosBox Launcher now.
Here is another.
http://dukeworld.duk...dgames/sw/maps/

Captain Peacock, You can try this. Use Xgroup and unpack all the files to a folder under .\CUSTOM\your foldername, and try to start it from the DosBox
Starter menu.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 12 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the help Skulldog - and for SWDBL! A truly GREAT piece of software!.

I tried extracting the contents of Lastwar.grp into the folder .\custom\lastwar using the extract function of Xgroup and that was successful.

When I then ran SWDBL, I tried selecting the folder using the TC/Addons button and the folder I'd created was listed OK, but there doesn't appear to be any "game executable" i.e. a .com .or .exe file available in the folder. I guess this is the cause of the problem as it looks like one is needed. So how do I go about creating a "game executable" for The Last Warrior TC/Addon?

Much thanks again.

CP

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 13 October 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Thanks for the help Skulldog - and for SWDBL! A truly GREAT piece of software!.

I tried extracting the contents of Lastwar.grp into the folder .\custom\lastwar using the extract function of Xgroup and that was successful.

When I then ran SWDBL, I tried selecting the folder using the TC/Addons button and the folder I'd created was listed OK, but there doesn't appear to be any "game executable" i.e. a .com .or .exe file available in the folder. I guess this is the cause of the problem as it looks like one is needed. So how do I go about creating a "game executable" for The Last Warrior TC/Addon?

Much thanks again.

CP

Check the Copy Shadow Warrior Files to game folder Checkbox. This will Copy Shadow Warroior exe to your folder after you hit the start button. Type SW.exe
from the C:\ Promt. The next time you run it you can select the startup file.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 14 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostSkulldog, on 14 October 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Check the Copy Shadow Warrior Files to game folder Checkbox. This will Copy Shadow Warroior exe to your folder after you hit the start button. Type SW.exe
from the C:\ Promt. The next time you run it you can select the startup file.

Thanks again Skulldog, but I kinda solved the problem by boning up on & then using SWGROUP. I extracted all the files from the .grp file into the Lastwar folder, then ran SWGROUP & edited the .map file names to include all the extracted .map files from Lastwar.grp & then recompiled the lastwar.grp file using SWGROUP (I have a backup of the original) and specified creating a game executable and now I can use the TC (well all seems OK so far - I haven't fully tested it yet).

Thanks again & even more thanks for the SW Dosbox Launcher.

Can't wait for the Redneck Rampage DosBox Launcher! Speaking of which, I'm off to open up a can of Whup-Ass! (FX: Buuuuurrrrpp!)

CP

Shadow Warrior is now available at GOG.com. Time for a SW launcher update?

UPDATE: The GOG version of Shadow Warrior includes Wanton Destruction & Twin Dragon addons what I've heard.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 15 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Yea, I saw that. I will work on that when i get a copy.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options