Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher - Frontend - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher - Frontend

View PostSkulldog, on 04 October 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Can't seem to find a way to edit it. It's not like .cfg, or .ini files. If I can fine a way I will add con editing.

I edited the USER.CON file w/ the Notepad. Right-click on that file. Then click open. It'll come up w/ a prompt that says "Windows can't open that file" below there's an option that says "Select a program from a list of installed programs". Select that then click OK. Then select either Notepad or Microsoft Word in the "other programs". Make sure you always UNCHECK "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" everytime you edit it or It'll become stuck w/ this kind of format. Then It'll open up the .CON file in .txt mode. Then you'll find those parameters. When you finish editing them, click "save" in the "File" thing top left-hand side. That's what my method of altering the .CON files.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 04 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 04 October 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

I edited the USER.CON file w/ the Notepad. Right-click on that file. Then click open. It'll come up w/ a prompt that says "Windows can't open that file" below there's an option that says "Select a program from a list of installed programs". Select that then click OK. Then select either Notepad or Microsoft Word in the "other programs". Make sure you always UNCHECK "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" everytime you edit it or It'll become stuck w/ this kind of format. Then It'll open up the .CON file in .txt mode. Then you'll find those parameters. When you finish editing them, click "save" in the "File" thing top left-hand side. That's what my method of altering the .CON files.

Yea, I was going to make a menu where you just have to select or type in the parameter for maybe 10 or 15 of the lines. The way your doing it, is just as easy.
I not going to waste anytime with that task.

Changelog for Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher.

V1.8 10-24-2012

Improved Launcher AI for what Duke versions you have installed.

Fixed Play a Map Menu broken by previous changes.

Made Improvement changes to Play a Map Menu.

Made Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher so you can now install Eduke32 and Duke3dw
ports in same folder as Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher, after you have install
Duke Nukem 3D.

Added Duke Nukem 3D Shareware to Levels, Maps, and Multiplayer Menus.

Added fix for when Svga_s3 is selected for screen flickering.

Minor bug fixes and improvements.

Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher v1.8 Full & v1.8 update zips.
http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

View PostSkulldog, on 25 October 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

V1.8 10-24-2012

Improved Launcher AI for what Duke versions you have installed.

Fixed Play a Map Menu broken by previous changes.

Made Improvement changes to Play a Map Menu.

Made Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher so you can now install Eduke32 and Duke3dw
ports in same folder as Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher, after you have install
Duke Nukem 3D.

Added Duke Nukem 3D Shareware to Levels, Maps, and Multiplayer Menus.

Added fix for when Svga_s3 is selected for screen flickering.

Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher v1.8 Full & v1.8 update zips.

Found a new bug w/ version 1.8. I click the setup button for the Atomic Edtition in the tab and I get this message "You do not have Duke Nukem 3D Atomic installed, or files are missing!". Even though I installed it w/ the Atomic CD but I haven't tried out the GOG version yet.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 25 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

I uploaded the Hotfix for the v1.8 Update Download. I have the Hotfix for the v1.8 Full uploaded in about 2 Hours.

I THINK I may have found another small bug! I'm running V1.8 of the launcher (upgraded from the 1.7 version I first installed) and with V1.7 I installed DN3D from my "Kill-A-Ton" collection CDs which include DN1 & 2, DN3D Atomic & 1.3 along with DukeZone 2, Duke It Out In DC and Duke Extreme. All installed OK and seem to work OK - except Duke Extreme which, although works OK with Eduke32, with the Duke DOSBox Launcher, when I select Duke Extreme it simply gives the normal Duke3D levels and not the Duke Extreme levels with the spitting cobras etc.

Just a thought: is it a simple case of an incorrect Duke Extreme resources folder specified by the launcher? The Duke Extreme .grp files etc. are installed by the launcher into the DEXTREME folder: should that be DKXTREME - or something other than DEXTREME?

CP

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 03 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

I THINK I may have found another small bug! I'm running V1.8 of the launcher (upgraded from the 1.7 version I first installed) and with V1.7 I installed DN3D from my "Kill-A-Ton" collection CDs which include DN1 & 2, DN3D Atomic & 1.3 along with DukeZone 2, Duke It Out In DC and Duke Extreme. All installed OK and seem to work OK - except Duke Extreme which, although works OK with Eduke32, with the Duke DOSBox Launcher, when I select Duke Extreme it simply gives the normal Duke3D levels and not the Duke Extreme levels with the spitting cobras etc.

Just a thought: is it a simple case of an incorrect Duke Extreme resources folder specified by the launcher? The Duke Extreme .grp files etc. are installed by the launcher into the DEXTREME folder: should that be DKXTREME - or something other than DEXTREME?

CP

Check the box Extreme Episodes, Unchecked you play as mod only, Checked you play episodes extreme with maps..

View PostSkulldog, on 03 November 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Check the box Extreme Episodes, Unchecked you play as mod only, Checked you play episodes extreme with maps..

Aha! Funny how it works when you tick the magic box! Thanks again Skulldog! Didn't spot that check box lurking there!

CP

Head's up Skulldog. The GOG Duke 3D installer has been updated to 2.0.0.84.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention Duke Nukem 1 & 2 also came out on GOG.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 07 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 07 December 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Head's up Skulldog. The GOG Duke 3D installer has been updated to 2.0.0.84.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention Duke Nukem 1 & 2 also came out on GOG.

Thanks, i will have a update before the end of the day. We should only have to copy the DUKE1 and DUKE2 folders over to launcher directory. Then they will just show up in menu.

New update v1.9

You will need V1.8 full and V1.9 update. If you are using GOG download version you will need GOG new version setup_duke3d_2.0.0.84.exe installer.

V1.9 12-9-2012

Added support for GOG new version setup_duke3d_2.0.0.84.exe installer.

Added a Save Config button in Video and Sound Menu. After you setup your Custom keyBoard controls.
You can save your settings as default configs. This will make a folder called Default and will save
your Duke3d Config files to it. Now when you Press Default Button in Video and Sound Menu it will use
your Custom configs. To use the original default configs, just delete the default folder.

Fixed bug with Plutonium Pak Cd updating Duke Nukem 3D v1.3 to V1.4 and to V1.5.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 09 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Changelog didn't mention anything about putting the folders from GOG Duke Nukem I & II into the launcher directory.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 10 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

Changelog didn't mention anything about putting the folders from GOG Duke Nukem I & II into the launcher directory.

Normally, Duke Nukem 1 & 2 get install from the Duke Nukem V1.3 CD. You will have to create 2 folders called DUkE1 and DUKE2 in launcher directory
and copy the files from your GOG install to them. You can copy all files to both directory, and it should show up in main menu. Another way is to install DUKE
1 & 2 to the DUKE1 directory in launcher folder then copy DUKE1 to DUKE2 folder.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 10 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

New version Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher.

V2.0 4-16-2013

Updated build to VS Express 2012 for Desktop.
Added new icon from supergoofy.
Added Support Duke Nukem 1 + 2 from GOG.com
Added Support for Steam Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition Classic and addons install.
Added new auto install process for Steam, GOG, 3drealms versions of Duke Nukem 3D and
Duke Nukem 1 + 2. On first run it will now search for install paths and copy files
over to the Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher folder. It will look for Steam version 1st,
GOG version 2nd, and then 3D Realms download version 3rd. So if you have the Steam
version you will have Duke Nukem 3d Atomic, and all addons that come with it ready to
go. All others will just have Duke Nukem 3D Atomic.

Hmm. When I create a shortcut-to-desktop of the DukeLauncher.exe. It has that same nuke icon like the previous versions.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 18 April 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hmm. When I create a shortcut-to-desktop of the DukeLauncher.exe. It has that same nuke icon like the previous versions.

It did that for me too! Then later it changed to the new one.

New version of Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher v2.1

Changelog:

V2.1 6-4-2013
Added install selection for Steam Duke Nukem Megaton Edition instead of auto install.
Added install selection for GOG Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Download version.
Added install selection for GOG Duke Nukem 1 + 2 Download version.
Added install selection for 3D Realms Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Download version.
Renamed Video sound menu to Option Settings for new options stuff.
Added Brightness control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity control in Options.
Added Mouse X-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Y-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity for Dosbox control in Options.
Added Dosbox memsize control in Options.
Added Custom Addons in TC addons menu.
Fixed a few bugs.

Make sure you install Duke Nukem 3D Dosbox Launcher in a separate folder. It no longer gets install inside the GOG, 3D Realms
version install folder. Do a clean install with this one.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 04 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Skulldog. It appears that Megaupload has risen from the ashes in the form of https://mega.co.nz/ Will you try and upload your files over there so I don't want to deal w/ ADrives sluggish speeds? And ETA for a new Duke Launcher update?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 25 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 25 July 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Skulldog. It appears that Megaupload has risen from the ashes in the form of https://mega.co.nz/ Will you try and upload your files over there so I don't want to deal w/ ADrives sluggish speeds? And ETA for a new Duke Launcher update?

Tell me if this is faster to download. ETA Not sure? What else needs to be done?

Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher v2.1
https://mega.co.nz/#...gqD38Rci4FX7NNU

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 26 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostSkulldog, on 26 July 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Tell me if this is faster to download. ETA Not sure? What else needs to be done?

Duke Nukem 3D DosBox Launcher v2.1
https://mega.co.nz/#...gqD38Rci4FX7NNU

The Mega is faster now! As for "things needed to be done". Just making sure the launchers is up to par w/ each other. One other thing. Shadow Warrior Deluxe (w/ addons) & the free-to-play Shadow Warrior (sans addons) is available on Steam. So if you want to update the SW launcher to include install options from the Steam versions.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 26 July 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

The Mega is faster now! As for "things needed to be done". Just making sure the launchers is up to par w/ each other. One other thing. Shadow Warrior Deluxe (w/ addons) & the free-to-play Shadow Warrior (sans addons) is available on Steam. So if you want to update the SW launcher to include install options from the Steam versions.

Good! When I have more time I will add the classic install option for Shadow Warrior Classic from Redux. Free to Play already has one. Also I messaged you with a link to a blood launcher exe to test on your laptop.

View PostSkulldog, on 26 July 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Good! When I have more time I will add the classic install option for Shadow Warrior Classic from Redux. Free to Play already has one. Also I messaged you with a link to a blood launcher exe to test on your laptop.

Tried the new launcher and it didn't work. Might as well suck it up! :-/ Anyways. Are you gonna update the Launcher links to mega.co.nz?

UPDATE: Now I know what need's to be changed; make all of the Duke, Blood, and SW Launcher's settings like this from Redneck:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 26 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 26 July 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Tried the new launcher and it didn't work. Might as well suck it up! :-/ Anyways. Are you gonna update the Launcher links to mega.co.nz?

UPDATE: Now I know what need's to be changed; make all of the Duke, Blood, and SW Launcher's settings like this from Redneck:

Yes I will add mega links soon. Do all the launchers have the winbug on your laptop?

View PostSkulldog, on 27 July 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Yes I will add mega links soon. Do all the launchers have the winbug on your laptop?

Tried the Duke 3d Launcher on my laptop and no window bug. Haven't tried Shadow Warrior yet. Is the source code on all the launcher window's are identical to each other?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 05 August 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Tried the Duke 3d Launcher on my laptop and no window bug. Haven't tried Shadow Warrior yet. Is the source code on all the launcher window's are identical to each other?

It's a form setting, I will use duke launcher form settings for all.

I've been able to get Duke Caribbean installed, but it doesn't seem to want to run at all. As soon as it gets to the startup screen, it crashes.

Can anybody help me?

View Postdarkprince227, on 27 August 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

I've been able to get Duke Caribbean installed, but it doesn't seem to want to run at all. As soon as it gets to the startup screen, it crashes.

Can anybody help me?

What OS are you using? Did you install it from cdrom?

View Postdarkprince227, on 27 August 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Can anybody help me?

My Duke Caribbean works fine. Installed off the Megaton Edition. I'm using Win 7 Pro 64-bit

What OS are you using?

It's a WIn 7 64-bit.

Did you install it from cdrom?

Kind of, it came on a very old 2-game pack CD with Duke It Out in DC! which came out in the UK a long time ago.

Wierdly, Duke It Out in DC installed and works perfectly, but it couldn't seem to locate Duke Caribbean anywhere, so I used Unpack SSI to get the right files, and it said
it had installed, but like I said before, it just shows the first bit of the startup screen, and it flashes out. Which is strange, because on everything else beforehand, it worked
just fine with no problems at all.
Ironically, it used to be DukeDC that I used to have problems with, WAY before EDuke3D, but that's another tale.

Can't do anything without a copy of the UK disk you have. Maybe you could list the folder name and files in the folder for the Caribbean files.

This is what my VACATION folder contains----
BMOUSE.EXE
COMMIT.EXE
DUKE3D.EXE
NOLFB.ASM
DUKE3D.CFG
CDROM.INI
VACATION.ini
COMMIT.DAT
DUKE3D.GRP
VACATION.GRP
NOLFB.COM
DUKE.RTS
BMOUSE.TXT

Am I missing something?

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options