Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image
DUKE NUKEM: GLORIOUS BASTARD is written by Tom Waltz, with art by Xermanico and colors by Luis Antonio Delgado. Covers will be handled by John K. Snyder III.
(Waltz, Xermanico, and Delgado also teamed to create the DUKE NUKEM FOREVER one-shot comic for IDW, which appears exclusively in the DUKE NUKEM FOREVER: BALLS OF STEEL special edition video game box set.)

DUKE NUKEM: GLORIOUS BASTARD #1 is available for pre-order from DIAMOND in their May 2011 catalog. The Diamond Order Number is MAY110328.
To pre-order, please Contact COMIC SHOP LOCATOR at ComicShopLocator.com or 1-800-COMIC-BOOK to find the Comic Book Retail Store nearest you.

The official solicit is as follows:

What do time-traveling Nazi UFOs, space pigs, and a hot French Resistance babe code-named the "French Tickler" have in common? They’re all about to run head-on into Duke Nukem, and for some of them (the ones that don’t look good in bikinis, that is), it’s gonna end painfully.
Video game legend Duke Nukem tears it up in his first comic book series! Written by Tom Waltz (The A-Team: Shotgun Wedding) and illustrated by Xermanico. The King is finally back, baby, and he’s bigger and badder than ever!

Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard © 1999-2011 -- All rights reserved. Gearbox Software, LLC. Duke Nukem, the Duke Nukem nuclear symbol, Duke Nukem Forever, Gearbox Software and the Gearbox logo are registered trademarks of Gearbox Software, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries and used here under license. All rights reserved. This Game is published and distributed by 2K Games, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. 2K Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Green: 15 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

As Duke would say "Comics come to good use as toilet paper!" or "I only read them when I am taking a Duke!"

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm so going to preorder this when it's available for my country.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

This will either be very good or very bad.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

When I see stuff like this I would have to agree with Miki!.

I look at the primitive character of Blade in comic books and then look at the movie... like the movie or not, what they did to adapt the comic character of Blade was excellent.

I liked the DooM movie for what it was... a movie with the name DooM on it. Not enough tie-in for me. A LOT of DooM fans hated the movie... and I would hate to see this happen with Duke Nukem as a Movie, Comic, Action Figure, a Can Opener or whatever they do with Duke Nukem.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 16 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hopefully this is as awesome as the DooM Comic.

User is offline   Green 

John K. Snyder III cover art for Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard #1

Posted Image

It's weird, people are still using the one liners from duke 3d. It has been many years. Will people also use the one liners from duke forever in the future?

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostJhect, on 17 April 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

It's weird, people are still using the one liners from duke 3d. It has been many years. Will people also use the one liners from duke forever in the future?

I doubt it... I think part of why the one liners are so awesome is because at the time, there was nothing else quite like it. But the biggest factor, in my opinion, is how many years these funny lines have been in our heads. Sure the lines are great, but time can do things to the value of the memory... great things. The more associated events a memory has, the more impact it has. Time can make funny things funnier is what I am trying to say. It will be hard to get back to that point.

I think Duke Nukem Forever will be great, but because of the evolution of games and changes in society I don't see it having the impact that Duke Nukem 3D had, and I think that had a lot to do with selling the game and its lines, to the extent it did.

Duke Nukem 3D was epic relative to its time period... Duke Nukem Forever I don't think it going to be that Epic to the modern gamer... but I am sure I will love it. :dukegoof:

I have a relative that was never a big fan of Duke Nukem 3D, not even a big gamer. He said he didn't care all that about Duke Nukem Forever, but he would pay just to watch me play it. :D

MrBlackCat

Because no one really knows any from DNF yet? its still not out. Small detail. :dukegoof:

Yeah of course people will start to use DNF ones in the future.

I think its pretty much a given.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 17 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

I don't think you are right.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Don't you mean using one liners from Army of Darkness? Almost of of Duke's one liners were stolen.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postblackharted, on 17 April 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Because no one really knows any from DNF yet? its still not out. Small detail. :dukegoof:

Yeah of course people will start to use DNF ones in the future.

I think its pretty much a given.

We've heard lots of new lines from Duke Nukem Forever that weren't in Duke Nukem 3D.
These are off the top of my head from videos.

Those alien bastards drank all my beer.
Time to stop pissing around and get this big guy back into action.
That'll wipe the ugly off that mug.
Ohh, I'm bringing sexy back.
What am I? A Chimpanzee?
I'm going to rip your eye out and piss on your brain!
Noooo, what am I doing?
Keycard? I don't need no fucking keycard.
What kind of sick mother fucker picks up wet feces?
Not my babes! Not in my town! You alien mother fuckers are going to pay for this!
I'm from Las Vegas, and I say kill em all.
You wanna touch it don't you?
Oooo, time to collect my reward.

Plus all the lines I can't remember (there are several of them)
Plus all the one-liners from Duke 3D.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 18 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

View PostJhect, on 17 April 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

I don't think you are right.

Ok i don't think your right.

View PostMicky C, on 17 April 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

We've heard lots of new lines from Duke Nukem Forever that weren't in Duke Nukem 3D.
These are off the top of my head from videos.
*Long list*

Doesn't count until the final game is out as any nomber of things could've changed from then until now.

Also "Noooo, what am I doing" doesn't count as I am assuming you got that from the "What would Duke do?" shit throwing video, and that is breaking the forth wall in a way imho.

User is offline   Green 

Tom Waltz Unleashes “Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard”
http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=32084

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Sebastian 

Oh man, that looks ace!

User is offline   Green 

DUKE NUKEM is a GLORIOUS BASTARD in New IDW Comic
http://www.newsarama...IDW-110502.html

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Green: 02 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

Oh man, that looks badass. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options