Duke4.net Forums: Randy's interview on Twitter. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Randy's interview on Twitter.

User is offline   Alithinos 

O.K. there is a large interview on Twitter and Duke Nukem fans have been asking the head of Gearbox Software questions in a Twitter interview.

I thought it would be a good idea to collect the most important questions and answers skipping the questions that are asked multiple times,and put the most interesting in one thread.

So,there we go:

Bethesda_Cloud: Is Duke Nukem Forever really being delayed or is this just some cruel joke?

Randy Pitchford: It's real - not a joke.

goodgrimes: Be honest. Does this have anything to do with the Capture-the-Babe mode? Please don't tell me you guys are changing that.

Randy Pitchford: No - it has nothing to do with the Capture the Flag inspired multiplayer mode.

R&T PRODUCTIONS: May I ask how come the delay happened? Like...is there still major bugs or something? ;)

Randy Pitchford: We've got about 50 - 60 certification and "A" bugs left in the database, which is about right for where we are.

aspiegeek: What're your overall plans after DNF is released?

Randy Pitchford: After DNF is finished, we'll probably want to do some DLC and then think about the future.

Grounder: Please for the love of God, include mod tools or some kind of editor in Duke Nukem Forever. I want DNF to last a long time.

Randy Pitchford: Currently, there are no mod tools included with the game. But we love the idea of that and have done that in the past. We'll see.

Stavrosdimou: Why are the members of your team painting monkeys ?

Randy Pitchford: Random - has nothing to do with this bit. Just background noise. Good question, though!

delta2kbr: Is this delay due to any content being cut? Please don't take away the booty spanking! =P

Randy Pitchford: Nothing is getting cut because of the delay. Some things are getting better, though.

lucasnooker: Why!!!!!? I just want a valid explanation of why DNF was pushed back yet again?? also when will there be demo news?

Randy Pitchford: We have to finish the game. Demo news will come soon - hopefully before May.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 24 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Randy Pitchford: We have to finish the game. Demo news will come soon - hopefully before May

Hmm, so maybe demo in May?

Lunick, on Mar 25 2011, 01:36 AM, said:

Randy Pitchford: We have to finish the game. Demo news will come soon - hopefully before May

one may think so

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Ugh. No editing tools? C'Mon Randy. What the fuck...

I'm not too worried though. Considering his passion, the fans desire for mods, and that 3DR was going to include them, we'll see them. Just not at launch.

Also there is a chance, even though they are based off UnrealEd, the excess of bolted on features 3DR implemented aren't very user friendly and may need retooling prior to public availability.

This post has been edited by Descent: 25 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Descent, on Mar 26 2011, 01:58 AM, said:

Ugh. No editing tools? C'Mon Randy. What the fuck...

I'm not too worried though. Considering his passion, the fans desire for mods, and that 3DR was going to include them, we'll see them. Just not at launch.

Also there is a chance, even though they are based off UnrealEd, the excess of bolted on features 3DR implemented aren't very user friendly and may need retooling prior to public availability.

Maybe the editing tools could be included in some FREE DLC or something?

User is offline   Raziel 

Lunick, on Mar 24 2011, 11:36 PM, said:

WHAT THE FUCK? Sorry, but a WTF just wouldn't cut at this point. I was expecting the entire game to be released at the beginning of May! Now he's saying we have to wait till May just for the demo?! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK!

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Calm down there, billy-joe-bob.

Something tells me we'll be seeing the demo anywhere from April 1st, to April 22nd.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 28 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

Come on, instead of complaining about the no tools news. You should read the interview probably.

He clearly says that we probably won't get tools when the game is released. At least not for now. But it might be possibly that we get it later.

User is offline   Raziel 

StrikerMan780, on 28 March 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

Calm down there, billy-joe-bob.

Something tells me we'll be seeing the demo anywhere from April 1st, to April 22nd.

I was really looking forward to playing the demo and was reasonably expecting to play the full game at the beginning of May... but from what Randy said about some news regarding the demo hopefully being available before May, it does suggest that they intend to stick to a demo release date of a month before the full game. That is pretty disappointing.

In short, I hope you're right.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options