Duke4.net Forums: The Artists Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Artists Thread

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I love everything posted in this thread, you people are incredibly talented ..!

I haven't been drawing much in almost 2 years, but I have started on it again ..!
Here are recent things I made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought of Yatta when I made this one
Posted Image

User is offline   Jinroh 

Whiskers, some really awesome stuff here. Ripemanewone your alien, predator, terminator stuff is pretty sick. x3 Micki your stuff has always been so random and I love that. xD All the rest of you guys are doing some really rad stuff too. ^^ I started drawing more over the last year or so and have gotten pretty good I think with learning vectors. Also practicing to get better at animation as well. ^^

My original character, Jinny I drew her a few weeks back as a pinup style tiger girl, and wasn't completely happy with her just not moving. So I decided to make a short 7-10 frame animation of her grooming herself. This one was just done with manually moving the vector nodes and then exporting each frame rather than Flash or some derivative. Then I just GIF'd all the frames.

Posted Image

I'm sorry too, but ponies. I'm sure not all of you are big fans, I know some are, but still. I drew this earlier in the week, the "Angry Tomato Lady" from 'Putting your hoof down'. She's a bit surprised as I trapped her in a heart.
Posted Image

Here's some art I did of Dr. Anna from the cartoon, 'The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog'. She's just kinda lounging in the sun there.
Posted Image

I know more ponies, sorry, but I did this one last week, for my friend's birthday, his original character and mine just kinda hanging out. This one was done in my personal "non-show accurate" style.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 24 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

User is offline   Micki! 

You're still drawing Jinroh, still sticking to the furry theme as well :) You've improved since last I saw you do stuff, which I admittedly can't even remember when last was...

Here's something I drew together with quakis in OpenCanvas..!

We call it "Kabapu's les bons vieux jour"

Click for full size
Posted Image

...Or "Excel Saga + French revolution and Nazis, with French parkour Kabapu"..!

User is offline   Jinroh 

Hehe thanks for the encouragement. ^^ Yes I've improved quite a bit since like 4 years ago or something like that. ^^

That pic is so random too. Sumiyoshi's face. xD He's like in shock. I love it. It's so absurd, but you guys just made me LOL my heart out. xD

I made this last weekend. Shipping myself with Roma the Tomato selling pony. Getting a little nuzzle nuzzle action going on. ^_~
Posted Image

User is offline   Micki! 

I drew this tonight..!
This is a Borderlands fan art drawing, the girl is Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2, and I thought it would be funny putting Brick from the first game, with his massive size, at a table having a tea party with Tiny Tina..!

Click for full size
Posted Image

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Wow that is amazing work, Micki! I would love to see that colored. Do you have a deviantart account?

User is offline   Micki! 

Thanks alot..! And yes I do..!
http://mickimatsu.deviantart.com/

And funny you say that, because I did color it the day after I made it..!

Click for full size
Posted Image

I also made a version where I kept the shading but removed all colors:
http://i.imgur.com/RweGQ.jpg

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicki!, on 22 July 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

And funny you say that, because I did color it the day after I made it..!

Awesome! XD

User is offline   Lunick 

It looks really cool with colour Micki :(

User is offline   Micki! 

Thanks !!!

Coloring is not my strong side though, I prefer just making linework..!

User is offline   Ronin 

Posted Image

User is offline   Mia Max 

Posted Image

Wow, didn't even suppose so many talented artists here bringing beautiful art to the world. Keep it up guys!

View PostRonan, on 17 June 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

Wow some real talent in here, nice works guys. Here are some of my oil painting on a You Tube video I made with Aphex Twin as an ambient soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/WQKJs25ArXY

Sorry dont know how get the vid to show as a pic.

This is some really fancy stuff man. I'm a big lover of expressionism, actually adds a lot to the feel. Like how the skies are performed as well. Looking forward to more paintings.

But now a bit of realism, here's my latest piece, if somebody cares (titled "Pins", drawn with a pencil and some Photoshop for colors):

Posted Image

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 22 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

It's so pretty :)

User is offline   Ronin 

Posted Image

New oil painting, Quantum Murmuration.

Posted Image

Gravity.

Posted Image

This is a very old one 15 years ago I think.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ronan: 03 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

This topic needs more views, there's some beautiful art in here!

As for me, next to mapping for duke3d (which can be considered an art as well I guess) I'm also guitarist/vocalist/writer in my band Calculated (my brother Maarten is also in this band).

We create progressive/alternative rock, with songs usually clocking over 6 minutes.

Here's a song, studio recording:

And here's live footage (starts with the same song, has 4 songs in total):

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Been kinda quiet this week because I've been working on the cover of my band's second record/first EP. It was a collaboration between me and another guy, who also drew the art on our first record. He drew it, and I took it and redrew it in Photoshop with the polygonal selection tool. Some people might think this is nuts or unprofessional or whatever, but this is exactly what we were going for with it. It totally has that cool 90's action cartoon feel. I guess it helps we stole the X-Men logo styling. :)

And here's the impending 'press-release' we're dropping tomorrow afternoon. You guys are getting it early! ("Who cares?" says Eustace Bagge)

Following the success of our multi-platinum big-time record "Predators", Fiphsd has gathered the energy to get back in the "studio" and put out a little tease for you this summer...

Ghetto-Tech Super-Heroes of the Internet, a 4 cover song EP featuring shiny new sexy guitar twangbot, Tyler Kinney. Good buddy and preacher of the past-represented-future, AIRPLANE RADIO will be back in here as producer. We've got some actual recording equipment together, so prepare your earholes' rectums for a thorough pounding in HIGH DEFINITION.

TRACKLIST

1. Atomic Punk
originally by Van Halen

2. Wayne's Pet Youngin'
originally by Ween

3. Kick Your Door Down
originally by the Replacements

4. I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead
originally by "Weird Al" Yankovic

For those of you who don't want to hear covers anymore, well you've got it! Fiphsd is also working on a metric fuckton of possible material for a second LP, with all original music. Stay tuned for updates on that. Ghetto-Tech will be for FREE! Downloads will be made available conveniently on the date of release.

Click to make it larger. This is pixel art, so it's best viewed in it's fullest resolution.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 29 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

It's not hard to tell which one is you :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, the one who tries to look tough but is ultimately too ugly and goofy looking to pull off any notion of danger. #IggyPopSwag

User is offline   Ronin 

Jimmy that cover is pretty funny, in a good way of course.

This a Duke Nukem mosaic I made today in Photoshop, I kind of like how it turned out it might make a decent poster. It's made up of loads of screenshots from various Duke games. If anyone wants a high quality copy to print out themselves, just give me an email address and I will forward a hi resolution A3 pdf file.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ronan: 22 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Micki your drawings kick ass.

From oldest to newest, the last one being finished this past week.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Truth be told, I'm not very good at expressing myself except through visual means. A shame that what I wish to express is often very shallow.

"Ghost Rider"; Something I did a few years ago with an Iwata Custom Micron airbrush in acrylics :
Posted Image

A more recent picture I drew after a long hiatus with a nice set of Berol Prismacolor markers I bought myself for Xmas :
Posted Image

My tribute to Doom's Lost Souls; Done in Berol Prismacolor colored pencils :
Posted Image

I guess I draw skulls a lot. I drew this on the back cover of my notebook in college :
Posted Image

The rest is up on my Deviant Art account :
http://runningwild.deviantart.com/

This post has been edited by RunningWild: 17 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

View PostRonan, on 03 May 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

New oil painting, Quantum Murmuration.

Gravity.

This is a very old one 15 years ago I think.

These are awesome. Very surreal and trippy. And great work for oils. I found oils hard to work with, although mistakes can be corrected a bit more readily thanks to the slow drying time.

View PostColon Semicolon, on 27 January 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

From oldest to newest, the last one being finished this past week.

Truth be told, I'm not very good at expressing myself except through visual means. A shame that what I wish to express is often very shallow.

These are amazing. What medium are these?

This post has been edited by RunningWild: 17 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

(merge)

This post has been edited by RunningWild: 17 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

User is offline   Engel220 

After realizing that the first story I began to write was probably going to be fairly uninspired I've begun a new work that encompasses sci-fi and mixtures of demonology and spirituality. I'm gonna play around with the character dialogue a little more until I feel it isn't too cheesy and then I'll post an except for you guys to check out.

View PostRunningWild, on 17 February 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

These are amazing. What medium are these?

All digital. I've not done traditional work in quite awhile, but I very much love painting on an actual canvas whenever I can.

I'm sure the Guggenheim can't wait to add "Gundam Vagina Story 0069" to their Degeneracy Collection. It'll fit right in next to the dragon dildos and Oculus Rift fuck machines.

I'm sure that would mean something if you could even draw a vagina. Or a hand. or a face. Can you draw a line? Without it being all wobbly, i mean.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 12 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I don't need artistic skills, I have social skills.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options