Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I have assumed leadership of the SWHRP since ProAsm has relinquished control. I have a lot of work to do to add a number of submissions posted at 3D Realms and JonoF's forums, but it is already in a partially updated state from the summer '09 release of v2.1. I myself have made some general fixes, improvements, and cleanup in the past several days.

You can view the changes as they happen and a comprehensive changelog at the Subversion (SVN) repository web interface over at Duke4.net:
http://svn.eduke32.c...?repname=sw_hrp

To download the full pack, see The Commander's excellent SVN tutorial.
Point your SVN client here: http://svn.eduke32.com/sw_hrp/

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 05 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

thank god the HRP is still being worked on somewhat, I found some of the original 8 bit art quite ugly

User is offline   Skulldog 

Do we just make one zip file from this? Or do we make one for swp, wanton, tdragon, and dkiss.

• Weaponized Autism

Preferably, launch SWP with the -j option. But to answer your question, zip up everything into sw_hrp.zip, so that if you opened the zip file, you would be presented with a file listing exactly like the one shown here.

User is offline   Skulldog 

Good, I see a little hint of deadly kiss. ;).

• Weaponized Autism

I thought it would be worthwhile to integrate the addons into the mainline, so yes.

Nevermind this post, I figured out how to get it working on my own. :D

This post has been edited by SHODANFreeman: 20 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

User is offline   3D Master 

SVN is asking for a username and password?

• Weaponized Autism

It shouldn't be if you're using HTTP. I don't think Plagman would have made it private.

View PostHendricks266, on 20 June 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

It shouldn't be if you're using HTTP. I don't think Plagman would have made it private.

URL of repository: http://svn.eduke32.com/sw_hrp/

Asks for password, same with Nuclear Winter and Duke Caribbean.

• Weaponized Autism

Are you sure you're checking out and not committing?

What is the status of Deadly Kiss these days, anyway? Any word on it?

User is offline   Mark 

I didn't know at first that the end of the svn link should be sw_hrp/

The dash in between didn't show because of the underline of the link. I was just hitting the space bar.

No name or password required for me either.

• Weaponized Autism

Copy/paste FTW.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSHODANFreeman, on 20 June 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

What is the status of Deadly Kiss these days, anyway? Any word on it?

There are now four people on our team of restoring it. There has not been that much activity because there is not that much to do, and we would have to wait for a final OK from Joe Wilcox anyway.

View PostHendricks266, on 20 June 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

There are now four people on our team of restoring it. There has not been that much activity because there is not that much to do, and we would have to wait for a final OK from Joe Wilcox anyway.

I don't know what I did differently, but it's working now.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I have tried my HRP extract script on the Shadow Warrior HRP r8.
You may or may not be interested in the inconsistencies I have found:

Highres HRP :

Defined but missing :
-highres/screen/menu/2472.png -> defined and present in hud[.def]

Unused :
-highres/screen/hud/2398_g.png
-highres/screen/menu/2872.png
-highres/sprites/props/2530.png
-highres/sprites/signs/4762.png
-highres/sprites/signs/4763.png
-highres/textures/0283.png
-highres/textures/0448.png

eduke32.log :
--Error: file 'highres/screen/menu/2472.png' does not exist
--Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 2472. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?

Lowres HRP :

Defined but missing :
-highres/screen/hud/2402.png

Unused :
-lowres/screen/fonts.def
-lowres/skyboxes/Sky_Stars/stars*.png
-lowres/textures/0208, 0246, 0299, 0448, 2324, 3393-3396, 3401-3404, 3441-3447, 4975, 4984, 4985

Double entries in textures.def :

eduke32.log :
-Error: file 'highres/screen/hud/2402.png' does not exist
-Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 2472. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?

User is offline   Mark 

My copy of SWP has tile 2472.png in the "highres/screen/hud" folder.

I would be very interested in running that script to find unused tiles in the 2 TCs I am helping with.

Does "unused" mean the tiles are present but not in any defs?

Tile 0283 is used for sure. Its one that I made myself and shows up ingame for me.

This post has been edited by Marked: 22 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMarked, on 22 March 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

My copy of SWP has tile 2472.png in the "highres/screen/hud" folder.
I assume it was moved but the old definition was not deleted in menu.def

Does "unused" mean the tiles are present but not in any defs?
Yup.

Tile 0283 is used for sure. Its one that I made myself and shows up ingame for me.
I haven't checked back all details. Do you use the repository version r8?

I would be very interested in running that script to find unused tiles in the 2 TCs I am helping with.
The file can be found in the installer folder of the Duke3D HRP repository r325 or later. Invocation example: ./installer/hrp_extract.sh polymer v 5.1.666.
I have attached a patched version with rudimentary SW support added plus some files you'd want when using it on SWHRP / your TC. Put it on top level of your SWHRP repo copy.
The script expects duke3d.def to be present in the PWD to recognize a HRP hierarchy. duke3d_hrp.def is actually patched to load the SWHRP or other custom stuff. Invocation: ./hrp_extract_sw.sh swhrp.
It runs best under Linux. MinGW/MSYS works to, but you need to be really patient. While extracting Polymost HRP you could almost install a virtual Linux machine accessing your Windows drive and finishing hrp_extract still earlier.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mark 

All I know is the version of SWP on my drive was installed back in Jan of 2010 and any of the random files I looked at were also at least a year old. I'm not sure if I ever updated anything in my folders since ProASM called it quits on supporting SWP.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoD, on 22 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I have tried my HRP extract script on the Shadow Warrior HRP r8.

Great, thanks! These have been addressed in r9.

Also, I found more double entries than that, but probably not them all.

I'm still delinquent in adding submissions from the threads though I do have the entirety of the threads from 3DR and JF saved.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 22 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Please take a look at my newly revised HRP_Readme.txt and give me feedback.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 22 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

hrp_extract.sh r330 supports voxels and Shadow Warrior HRP.

invoke: hrp_extract.sh {sw_highres|sw_lowres|sw_both}

unused/undefined voxels: 0647.kvx, 3524.kvx

View PostHendricks266, on 22 March 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Please take a look at my revised HRP_Readme.txt.
?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoD, on 22 March 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

unused/undefined voxels: 0647.kvx, 3524.kvx

0647.kvx has been added to voxels.def in r12. 3524.kvx was in fact already used, but your script may have been thrown off because #3524 is the last entry in the def file and there was no concluding newline, which has also now been rectified.

View PostLeoD, on 22 March 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

?

I rewrote much of this and am looking for feedback. http://svn.eduke32.c.../HRP_Readme.txt

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHendricks266, on 22 March 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I rewrote much of this and am looking for feedback. http://svn.eduke32.c.../HRP_Readme.txt
Hm, pointing to your download script does not make that much sense because I couldn't read HRP_Readme.txt without having mastered Subversion...
"SW_HRP-07-03-07" to version and v2.2 (v2.1 released) collected by ProAsm. should read
"SW_HRP-07-03-07" to version v2.1 and v2.2 (v2.1 released) collected by ProAsm. I suppose.
I have tried your download script for SWHRP. I personally "very much dislike" software which installs to C:\ (or anywhere else) without choice or asking. A path relative to sw_hrp_svn_checkout.bat would be a better choice. I could then put the script somewhere near (or into) my existing working copy to update that once in a while. (Well, I'm using Tortoise anyway.)
Btw. how would it work on an HRP directory structure without an .svn folder on toplevel?
The toplevel sw.def loading another sw.def does not look good and might confuse. I'd propose highres/sw_hrp.def and /lowres/sw_lrp.def.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoD, on 23 March 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

I have tried your download script for SWHRP. I personally "very much dislike" software which installs to C:\ (or anywhere else) without choice or asking. A path relative to sw_hrp_svn_checkout.bat would be a better choice. I could then put the script somewhere near (or into) my existing working copy to update that once in a while. (Well, I'm using Tortoise anyway.)

My script installs nothing and remains relative at all times. It simply checks for any SVN software you already have installed and uses that before falling back to the one it includes.

View PostLeoD, on 23 March 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Btw. how would it work on an HRP directory structure without an .svn folder on toplevel?

It would not work, but the point is that when you download it, it creates it.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 23 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

3448_clock.md2, 5050_feces.md2 ... OK OK, I'll stop that for now. :) Just reran hrp_extract after fixing a silly mistake.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 March 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

My script installs nothing and remains relative at all times. It simply checks for any SVN software you already have installed and uses that before falling back to the one it includes.
I meant the location of the downloaded working copy.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 March 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

It would not work, but the point is that when you download it, it creates it.
My bad. I was thinking about an unpacked SWHRP zip without any .svn folders. (Well, I could try that myself...)

User is offline   Zaero 

I have assumed leadership of the SWHRP since ProAsm has relinquished control.

That's a good news. Sometimes I feel like SW didn't get as much attention as deserved. It was a pretty decent shooter, with some innovative features.

Is there any chance ProAsm's SW port will be updated as well? It had some neat improvements.

• Weaponized Autism

To be honest, it would be better to make a new port starting with this and port over the good stuff like MIDI playing, new swcustom.txt features, new command-line switches, bug fixes (like dead coolies keeping their top half if they don't turn into a ghost and Lo Wang stopping breathing when you resurface from water and immediately submerge again), etc.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 17 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

• Weaponized Autism

A new revision is pushed. The blue font and small font should look-a like Duke Nukem!

I've been sitting on the font sheets for over a year but I only decided to put the time into splitting up the tiles today.

Add the alt-pals for the new bluefont and minifont sets by SwissCM, allowing the funky old sets to be completely discarded.

Previously, only pal 0 was available, with the old sets still in place for the meager selection of alt-pals they chose to do. Now all the alt-pals are in place, and the green/yellow/red numbers in fonts/hud/ that are based on the minifont have been replaced too.

Credits:

Blue Font:
Design, Colorization: SwissCM
Cutting of All Pals: Hendricks266

Small Font:
Design, Cutting of Pal #0: SwissCM
Colorization: Hendricks266 (I batch colored the individual tiles instead of the tile sheet.)

Thanks again to SwissCM for porting the fonts from the Duke 3D HRP to the SWHRP.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options