Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I'll add these to the next update, thanks DotK.

User is offline   DotK3D 

OK, Thanks to you for all the work you do.

Bye,

DotK3D

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

Looks cool good work

User is offline   Adamputee 

View PostReaperMan, on 12 January 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

Don't you just love it when people mess with your stuff and remove the licenses that say what you can and cant do with it; then also remove the helpful readme file.

Sorry man this just a demo, it's not supposed to be released/official! Files can be added into a zip archive quite easily :lol:
In all seriousness, you should make a mini hrp to accompany your kick ass voxel pack. I really like the voxels but I can't stand the old-school hud.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello all ( and happy new year with a long delay),

@ReaperMan :
I have just seen in game the protective boots, (it's one I wanted to give a try) and I find it really nice.

I have made the hanglight (#979 in art file 003) but I wanted to do another one or two before sending it to you (I want to made an easy one : the laser trip bomb sorry haven't see it was already made ^^, I'll find another one).

@DNukem : if it's for me, thanks you & sorry for late answer.

Bye
DotK3D

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 13 February 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostDotK3D, on 12 February 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

I have just seen in game the protective boots, (it's one I wanted to give a try) and I find it really nice.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that we need to make a list of what is done and what is being worked on so we don't have any conflicts.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostReaperMan, on 13 February 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think that we need to make a list of what is done and what is being worked on so we don't have any conflicts.

done by Dirk Jones:

Armor
Camera
Chaingun
Nuke Icon (Green)
Nuke Icon (Red)
Nuke Icon (Yellow)
+30 Health Flask
Keycard
Portable Medkit
RPG Weapon Pickup
+10 Health Medkit
Shotgun
Pirate Ship Steering Wheel
Steroids
Tripbomb Pickup
Wooden Horse
Protective Boots
Chaingun Ammo
Shrinker Crystal
Shotgun Ammo
Mounted Turret

And among some rough tests done of a few enemies from Duke and SW (and other games) and assorted other stuff, there is a really cool Sentry Drone that looks practically finished.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

When can we get access to that stuff?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky C, on 13 February 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

When can we get access to that stuff?

Why are you asking me?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You're the 3DR resource access guy (who loves teasing stuff).

We can access it at some point right? I mean there's no point in mentioning them if we can't.

View PostHendricks266, on 13 February 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

done by Dirk Jones:

So i take it that those voxels were found then?

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah, I had to look through them to list them here.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello all, hello ReaperMan.

I haven't time to finish the voxel of the Hydrent actually, so I send you the one for the hanglight, the soap (I know it wasn't hard to do, but someone had to do it ^^) and the 'shower'.

Tell me what you think of it.

Bye.

PS : the sprite of the shower appear in 2 locations in the art files (572 & 991).

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: voxel_pack_3.png
  • Attached Image: voxel_pack_3_b.png

Attached File(s)

Nice work as always DotK, i have to admit i haven't worked on much of anything since the last update (been busy with other stuff), so don't worry about getting things done quickly.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDotK3D, on 05 April 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hello all, hello ReaperMan.

I haven't time to finish the voxel of the Hydrent actually, so I send you the one for the hanglight, the soap (I know it wasn't hard to do, but someone had to do it ^^) and the 'shower'.

Tell me what you think of it.

Bye.

PS : the sprite of the shower appear in 2 locations in the art files (572 & 991).

DotK3D, this is quality work!

Just curious:

Do you make this voxel using a long strip of images or voxel by voxel?

Mxrtxn

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello,

@ReaperMan : Thanks.

@Mxrtxn : Thanks, and to answer your question : mostly I draw slices in gimp then I copy/past the slice in slab6. Some part are made voxel per voxel, picking the right color number in gimp.

Bye.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello,

I need a bit of help. I have made the voxels for the NEON5 tiles (1009 to 1011 in art file 003). Below the code I use in the def file but it don't show any animation, except the flickering effect (wich is hardcoded I think).

//Neon5 Animation (1009-1010-1011)
animtilerange 1009 1011 5 2
voxel "voxels/sprites/props/1009_neon5frame1.kvx" { scale 1 tile 1009 }
voxel "voxels/sprites/props/1010_neon5frame2.kvx" { scale 1 tile 1010 }
voxel "voxels/sprites/props/1011_neon5frame3.kvx" { scale 1 tile 1011 }

I hope someone can tell me why it doesn't work (and I also hope this sprite can be replace, I'll be disappointed to have done this work for nothing :thumbsup:).

If RepearMan is ok, I can post the zip file I use which is a modified version of his.

Thanks in advance,
DotK3D

• Weaponized Autism

You can remove the animtilerange from that block of code, because those tiles already have an ART animation with those exact parameters. Otherwise, the problem must be with your KVX files, because I was able to define three random voxels to those tiles and it animated correctly.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello Hendricks266, thanks for the quick answer.

I have remove the animtilerange and tried other voxel files and it still don't work. I have tried the latest version (I used r3521 version) and the animation work now. But the colours of voxels are not correct (see attachment) :thumbsup:. As I have read something about it in the bug section of the forum, I suppose it will be fixed. Finally I have downloaded a previous version and it work now. I don't have the habit of updating eduke32, I'll try that first next time.

Thanks again and bye,
DotK3D

Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 22 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I have this bug fixed in my local tree and it will be in my next push. Watch here: http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/

View PostDotK3D, on 22 December 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

If RepearMan is ok, I can post the zip file I use which is a modified version of his.

Yeah, just make sure you keep the license and readme file in it.

View PostDotK3D, on 22 December 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

...But the colours of voxels are not correct (see attachment) :thumbsup:.

You remembered to convert the colors to the Duke Nukem 3D palette right?

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello and thanks you both for your answers.

@Hendricks266 : I use r5347 64-bit, looks like it works fine, I'll check from time to time the next version.

@ReaperMan : I have both txt files in the zip, no problem. And about the colours, ReaperMan, I always use the Duke Pal (I have a default file with this PAL loaded). The problem appears with yours files as well. By the way (if it wasn't mentioned before), the plug voxel (tile 1069) appear inside the wall, it's a pivot problem and I have fixed it for my personal use. I attach the modified file if you want to use it (even if I think it will take your more time to download it, unzip it and check it than to fix it yourself :thumbsup:).

Bye,
DotK3D

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 22 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostReaperMan, on 22 December 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

You remembered to convert the colors to the Duke Nukem 3D palette right?

It's a bug reported here
https://forums.duke4...color-polymost/

Also there is a bug with voxels not scaling, but I haven't tracked down its origin.

On a side note, rev 4593 is the last good for voxels build I could find. Then it's over a month with over 100 revisions before another public release which is when voxel troubles began.
http://dukeworld.duk.../20140907-4593/

This post has been edited by Drek: 22 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

User is offline   DotK3D 

Thanks for the rev Drek. I download it and I'll use it if needed.

Bye,
DotK3D

I'm not sure if it's alright to mention this, but I keep getting errors within EDuke32 log file stating there are missing files in the voxel pack v1.0, stating the files in "breakables", "furniture", and "switch2" are missing. I took a look in the voxel pack and the files and folders are missing.

View PostViperAcidZX, on 23 February 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

I'm not sure if it's alright to mention this, but I keep getting errors within EDuke32 log file stating there are missing files in the voxel pack v1.0, stating the files in "breakables", "furniture", and "switch2" are missing. I took a look in the voxel pack and the files and folders are missing.

Was that DotK3D's file or one of the ones that i posted?

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello all,

I think I found the problem, in sprites.def the following can be remove I think :

include voxels/sprites/breakables.def
include voxels/sprites/furnitures.def
include voxels/sprites/switch2.def

The first time I submitted voxels, I sent zip file using the same structure as ReaperMan's but I had separated my voxels for his using the previously mentioned files. I had done that to avoid mess with the original files but still it can be easy to test my files in game. I suppose the sprites.def files wasn't checked before posting the new version of the pack (I am not criticizing :dukeaffirmative:) .

Sorry for the inconvenience.

By the way ReaperMan, if you plan to release another version of your pack, I have 5 voxels done, but I waited to do a bit more before posting them (909 -> tree trunk ; 1009,1010,1011 -> neon 5 animated ; 4373 -> cups). Tell me when you want them, else I'll try to do one or two more before posting them.

Bye,
DotK3D

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 25 February 2016 - 06:14 AM

User is offline   t800 

Sorry for huge BUMP, but I am looking all over place for first iteration of ReaperManĀ“s pistol voxel, which I prefer over current and I cant find it anywhere. Any help would be much apprecieted. :D

View Postt800, on 10 September 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

Sorry for huge BUMP, but I am looking all over place for first iteration of ReaperManĀ“s pistol voxel, which I prefer over current and I cant find it anywhere. Any help would be much apprecieted. :D

I don't think i have that one anymore, it was just a place holder. But ill take a look through some of my saved files and see if can find it for you.

• Weaponized Autism

Is this it? http://hendricks266....perman_2011.kvx

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options