Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Dzierzan 

The reason is very simple, Build Engine cannot render render wall or floor alligned sprites as voxels. This sucks but that's Build for ya.

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostDzierzan, on 19 May 2021 - 01:42 AM, said:

The reason is very simple, Build Engine cannot render render wall or floor alligned sprites as voxels. This sucks but that's Build for ya.

Wall oriented sprites actually do appear as voxels, only floor aligned don't. Although the perfect solution would be some possibility to decide whether or not a particular sprite should appear as a voxel (e.g. I had to cut a lot of wall-aligned sprites used for shading in Submachine voxel version because they would appear as black transluscent voxels half-submerged in the walls :D ).

Sorry, I meant floor and ceiling. Walls are fine.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 19 May 2021 - 02:23 AM

User is online   0815Jack 

ok thx for the explanation...

can this be fixed in the future or is it a design restriction of the build engine?

It never ceases to amaze me what voxels can bring to the Build engine.

User is offline   jkas789 

So I was trying out the Duke Nukem 3D Fixes mod on a Raze clean install + the voxel mod (prepping up the future perfect loadout) when I came across this naughty little voxel on Alien World Order, level 1:

Attached Image: Duke_0012.png

Attached Image: Duke_0013.png

This is not the first time I have seen some weird ass stuff going on in Raze and the voxel pack. Another example is this picture, where you can see the outline of the switch in the telephone.

Attached Image: Duke_0015.png

Also, I know we all hate Nuclear winter however this looks like prime voxel material:

Attached Image: Duke_0014.png

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Now we just need content filters in EDuke32 for addons. You can't have users fiddle around with defs just to get some bonus voxels working. But if you have problems with Raze, you better head over to the ZDoom forums.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 May 2021 - 09:55 PM

Some kind of generator... Looks like a remnant from Lame Duke. According to GViewer it's unused. Maybe usermaps use that prop.

Posted Image

And view from the bottom if anyone wonders:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 19 June 2021 - 06:26 AM

View PostNightFright, on 20 May 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

Now we just need content filters in EDuke32 for addons. You can't have users fiddle around with defs just to get some bonus voxels working. But if you have problems with Raze, you better head over to the ZDoom forums.

So this mean in the future we can play addons without issues? For example when I run Acropolis I encounter several graphical glitches when using voxels

• The Truth is in here

No, it doesn't mean that. I was only referring to official addons, not custom-made ones. I dunno which "glitches" you are talking about, but most likely that would be stuff you need to fix with maphacks for each addon individually. A behemoth task, to say the least. Also, addons like Acropolis have modified sprites, so you would need new voxels as well. You should only use the voxel pack with original content or addons that don't modify tiles. Otherwise your gameplay experience will be affected since modified art is (most likely) overridden.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 19 June 2021 - 11:42 PM

• The Truth is in here

Generator (#620) now on Github.

I was going thru my test map and it really looks like that about 90% is done by now :)

The remaining bigger ones:

- 1088 REACTOR (Can this be done with all the lightning?)
- 4570 DUKE BURGER
- 516 SATELITE
- 2491 DUKECAR
- 1352 MONK
- 1354 LUKE
- 4590 SNAKEP
- 1355 INDY
- 1356/1357 terminator
- 927 traffic light
- 4427 HOTMEAT

and of course the all the babes.....

1088 is doable, every sprite is doable. It all matters how good you are. Although I remember that one has baked in lightning effect... Maybe something can be done about it.

Anyway, this is my current to do list. Some props I gave Borion as I know he started working on another camera and smaller satellite dish. It is also planned to go back and redo some old voxels, like a road cone.

Posted Image

User is offline   DJP 

Posted Image

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

• The Truth is in here

That share requires access. Can you upload it somewhere else maybe?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 June 2021 - 09:32 PM

User is offline   DJP 

View PostNightFright, on 21 June 2021 - 09:32 PM, said:

That share requires access. Can you upload it somewhere else maybe?

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

• The Truth is in here

Great! Added to Github now.

Does anyone knows where the traffic light is used... grp viewer stopped working for me...

@DJP

Great model, everything here is really good. Although I can see that you totally changed the pole's color, it actually doesn't hurt it at all.

And you could have just zipped KVX model and upload it here as an attachment. Just for the future ;).

Does anyone knows where the traffic light is used... grp viewer stopped working for me...

I believe it's unused in vanilla Duke.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 22 June 2021 - 09:31 AM

Posted Image

View PostDzierzan, on 22 June 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

I believe it's unused in vanilla Duke.

you might be right.... but there is a 3D model for it in the HRP .. so it might be used for user maps ...

This post has been edited by 0815Jack: 22 June 2021 - 01:35 PM

• The Truth is in here

Voxel #4463 added on Github.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDzierzan, on 19 June 2021 - 06:24 AM, said:

Some kind of generator... Looks like a remnant from Lame Duke. According to GViewer it's unused. Maybe usermaps use that prop.

Great usage of the full bright purples.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Do voxels exist for the Duke 64 weapons? I'm genuinely wondering if they were done already and I missed it.

https://dukenukem.fa...n_Duke_Nukem_64

Yes, I created most of them. Go a few pages back.

• The Truth is in here

Has anybody experienced this issue with a spinning mic voxel? I tested with E3L1 and most recent EDuke32 snapshot didn't see anything wrong.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 09 July 2021 - 12:40 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 09 July 2021 - 12:33 PM, said:

Has anybody experienced this issue with a spinning mic voxel? I tested with E3L1 and most recent EDuke32 snapshot didn't see anything wrong.

When I load the pictured area in E3L1, the mike voxel is perfectly still. Doesn't matter where I move or how long I wait. Possibly there is a specific eduke32 revision where it rotates, but the report doesn't say anything about what revision they are using.

• The Truth is in here

Same here. Well, I am asking the guy for specifics now, but my guess is he's either using an older EDuke32 version or not even EDuke32 at all. Raze also supports that EDuke32-style HUD.

View PostNightFright, on 09 July 2021 - 01:16 PM, said:

Same here. Well, I am asking the guy for specifics now, but my guess is he's either using an older EDuke32 version or not even EDuke32 at all. Raze also supports that EDuke32-style HUD.

I have the mic issue only with raze....

This post has been edited by 0815Jack: 09 July 2021 - 01:24 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's a raze bug, then. I'm guessing it would happen to any sprite put on that sector, but it's only noticeable with a 3D object.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options