Duke4.net Forums: DNF New Footage! - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF New Footage!  "No joke"

User is offline   3dwizard 

  • -3

#61

View Postblackharted, on Apr 7 2010, 10:18 AM, said:

When i said Half-Life i meant the second one. And Portal is VERY overated, too bare bones, hardly any stroy, repetivtive sound effects etc. etc.

The whole hl series is pure quality PERIOD. And portal is not overrated at all. Just because of the fags that filled the internet with videos of them singing the aperture science song, doesn't make the game overrated.
As a game for somebody that never played hl2, portal is good to very good but for a hl2 fan it's much more than just a puzzle game!

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 07 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

  • 1,269

#62

View Post3dwizard, on Apr 7 2010, 07:49 AM, said:

Don't fucking put Half-Life and Portal in the same box with COD.
Portal and Half-Life are not overrated at all! Half-Life is a game worth sharing the same bench with Doom and Duke!
As for portal I admit that for a non HL fan it might not be as cool but for a HL fan it's caviar!
As for COD, the recent games are really overrated that's true.


Half-life is a little bit overrated (however its a great and is up there with Doom, Quake, Duke 3D); Portal isn't close to being overrated. COD on the hand is pure overrated crap.
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#63

View Post3dwizard, on Apr 7 2010, 04:23 PM, said:

The whole hl series is pure quality PERIOD. And portal is not overrated at all. Just because of the fags that filled the internet with videos of them singing the aperture science song, doesn't make the game overrated.
As a game for somebody that never played hl2, portal is good to very good but for a hl2 fan it's much more than just a puzzle game!

I did play HL2 and i still think portal is overated, however dare i say the song at the end was the only plus? I DO dare!

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 April 2010 - 04:13 AM

0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer
  • 2,151

#64

View Postblackharted, on Apr 6 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

...
When i said FPS were overated i didn't mean Goldeneye
I meant things like Half-Life and COD and everyother brown FPS and Portal.......


Half Life? Over-rated? WTH?

BWAH-HAAH-HAAH-HAAH-HAAH... (falls off chair).
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#65

View PostTea Monster, on Apr 8 2010, 05:47 AM, said:

Half Life? Over-rated? WTH?

BWAH-HAAH-HAAH-HAAH-HAAH... (falls off chair).

Well yes it is extremly overated but not as overated as Portal i'll give you that.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

0

User is offline   Psyrgery 

  • 36

#66

HL is not overrated. It's EXTREMELY overrated.
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#67

View PostPsyrgery, on Apr 8 2010, 09:31 AM, said:

HL is not overrated. It's EXTREMELY overrated.

Well said.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,535

#68

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 07:42 AM, said:

Well yes it is extremly overated but not as overated as Portal i'll give you that.


Would you quantify that please?

Half-Life lead to one of the most successful communities out there. It spawned a half dozen popular modifications off its REALLY versitile and easy-to-use editing platform (Thanks Quake.) Including Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Firearms, Natural Selection, Deathmatch Classic, Front-Line Force, and Day of Defeat. Many of which ended up on store shelves, at it's height it had 10's of thousands of players on at any given time.

Half-Life was not overrated, it was probably one of the most successful First Person Shooters on the PC ever. The game itself? For its time it was something to behold. Scripted sequences up the ass, fully immersive story... Half-Life is the successor from games like Quake, Duke, and Doom, that took the genre to a new level. Up to HL most FPS games had very little cohesive story, or very little involvement in the gameplay with said story.


Anyway, DNF footage, awesome stuff! :P

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!
  • 389

#69

Commando Nukem produces facts. Win.
I never got into the original Half Life but I respect the game for what it was. An actual story (one that created a following and many many spin offs in mods and other games) with real people. Grant it, Freeman never speaks, but he was a real person and as far as I can tell from HL2, you care about people in the game. In fact, the game created such a following that people are just so pissed at Valve for not making Episode 3 in a timely fashion.

I'm still smarter than you
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#70

View PostCommando Nukem, on Apr 8 2010, 09:00 AM, said:

Would you quantify that please?

Half-Life lead to one of the most successful communities out there. It spawned a half dozen popular modifications off its REALLY versitile and easy-to-use editing platform (Thanks Quake.) Including Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Firearms, Natural Selection, Deathmatch Classic, Front-Line Force, and Day of Defeat. Many of which ended up on store shelves, at it's height it had 10's of thousands of players on at any given time.

Half-Life was not overrated, it was probably one of the most successful First Person Shooters on the PC ever. The game itself? For its time it was something to behold. Scripted sequences up the ass, fully immersive story... Half-Life is the successor from games like Quake, Duke, and Doom, that took the genre to a new level. Up to HL most FPS games had very little cohesive story, or very little involvement in the gameplay with said story.


Anyway, DNF footage, awesome stuff! :P

Sure i'll quanify that, i was manily talking about HL2 being overated if you'd read above and HL1 was overated as well and annoying as i never saw Gordon while playing, that "quanifed" enough?
But yes great new Duke footage with horrible sound effects. :D

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,535

#71

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 10:10 AM, said:

Sure i'll quanify that, i was manily talking about HL2 being overated if you'd read above and HL1 was overated as well and annoying as i never saw Gordon while playing, that "quanifed" enough?


Nope. Here's why:

The story is no different for Half-Life 2. It's release was another breakthrough for FPS games, introducing new technologies, building on an already stable editing platform and enviroment from Half-Life, and it too spawned dozens of modifications. Zombie Panic : Source, Counter-Strike : Source, DOD:S, Insurgency, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Portal, and Gary's Mod.

Overrated implies the game(s) dont deserve the praise they receive. The criteria for that also various from game to game. I think it's best to judge a game based on its intentions and whether it meets its goals or not. Thats an objective viewpoint. With games like Half-Life not only are they successful, but they exceeed themselves. The original HL, and HL2 are like parents, and their communities are like their offspring. I'll give you this: Half-Life 1 , today, is dated. The single player leaves a lot to be desired... But so what, I can go download one of hundreds of user made map packs that are ten times more awesome, absolutely free. I got my 40 bucks worth out of HL1 at least a million times over. Just like with Duke3D, even if the game didnt please you, there's so much content out there, you can find something to please you.

You cant say the same for COD, Halo, or any number of other game series out there, where the content is locked away in propriatary formats, or no tools exist to effectively and easily edit new maps and mods.

We as a community could only be so lucky that if DNF ever see's the light, that it'll be even half as moddable as the HL series has been.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer
  • 2,151

#72

View PostCommando Nukem, on Apr 8 2010, 10:00 AM, said:

Would you quantify that please?

Half-Life lead to one of the most successful communities out there. It spawned a half dozen popular modifications off its REALLY versitile and easy-to-use editing platform (Thanks Quake.) Including Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Firearms, Natural Selection, Deathmatch Classic, Front-Line Force, and Day of Defeat. Many of which ended up on store shelves, at it's height it had 10's of thousands of players on at any given time.

Half-Life was not overrated, it was probably one of the most successful First Person Shooters on the PC ever. The game itself? For its time it was something to behold. Scripted sequences up the ass, fully immersive story... Half-Life is the successor from games like Quake, Duke, and Doom, that took the genre to a new level. Up to HL most FPS games had very little cohesive story, or very little involvement in the gameplay with said story.


Anyway, DNF footage, awesome stuff! :P


Go easy on them Commando Nukem, these console kiddies don't know what the hell they're talking about! They wouldn't know a REAL shooter if it bit them in the ass.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 08 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#73

View PostTea Monster, on Apr 8 2010, 10:10 AM, said:

Go easy on them Commando Nukem, these console kiddies don't know what the hell they're talking about! They wouldn't know a REAL shooter if it bit them in the ass.

Oh i think do know a REAL shooter as i have a very up to date PC and lots of shooter games for it but consoles aren't for "kiddies" as put so kindly put it, it seems to me that you PC gamers are nothing but arrogant whiny little children whos gaming rigs are a fake afterthought, unlike us REAL console gamers whos rigs were from the ground up to be gaming rigs.
And if you want to agrue and say that the PC is better for everything BS! look at Big Rigs without doubt THE worst game EVER and oh look its a PC exlusive!

Oh and Commando Nukem i think you are VERY biased toward HL it is Very overated in everyway and the ONLY innovation in HL2 was the phyics engine. Other than that it it was a very linear game that over relied on the phyics engine itself and felt very artificial in a wired way, with chessy sound FX and a very bad stroy, the ONLY plus was the pretty graphics.

Going back on topic i liked the the footage, and even though it kinda fake it probobly was what the game looks like and MUST have at least some real content.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

0

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

  • Honored Donor
  • 0

#74

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 02:23 PM, said:

And if you want to agrue and say that the PC is better for everything BS! look at Big Rigs without doubt THE worst game EVER and oh look its a PC exlusive!


Golly. Guess you win. :P
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,535

#75

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 11:23 AM, said:

Oh i think do know a REAL shooter as i have a very up to date PC and lots of shooter games for it but consoles aren't for "kiddies" as put so kindly put it, it seems to me that you PC gamers are nothing but arrogant whiny little children whos gaming rigs are a fake afterthought, unlike us REAL console gamers whos rigs were from the ground up to be gaming rigs.
And if you want to agrue and say that the PC is better for everything BS! look at Big Rigs without doubt THE worst game EVER and oh look its a PC exlusive!


How's that console editing community doing? Oh. Right. You dont have one.

Consoles arent rigs, it was prefabricated and ready made for you. A rig implies some personal work was put into it. As in you rigged it yourself.

Its impossible to compare a PC to a console. You know why? PC's can always be upgraded. The technology is always moving forward. Unlike a console gamer, PC gamers can simply upgrade certain parts of their machine to work with newer games. It's no contest. A console will never improve from the moment you pull it out of the box. A PC is capable of being enhanced and upgraded.

PC's are better for everything. Absolutely everything. Why? You can do more with them. You can actually make games with computers. Can you do that on your console? Nope. You cant. You need a PC. :P


View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 11:23 AM, said:

Very overated in everyway...


But, it isnt. I retroactively showed how this mentality is wrong in my previous post. Im not going to reiterate it for you. Nor is the rest of your post even worth responding to on this subject. More hyperbole.

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 11:23 AM, said:

Going back on topic i liked the the footage, and even though it kinda fake it probobly was what the game looks like and MUST have at least some real content.


All of the footage is real. The visual elements are 100% real. The only farse in the footage was the audio.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 08 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#76

View PostCommando Nukem, on Apr 8 2010, 11:37 AM, said:

How's that console editing community doing? Oh. Right. You dont have one.

Consoles arent rigs, it was prefabricated and ready made for you. A rig implies some personal work was put into it. As in you rigged it yourself.

Its impossible to compare a PC to a console. You know why? PC's can always be upgraded. The technology is always moving forward. Unlike a console gamer, PC gamers can simply upgrade certain parts of their machine to work with newer games. It's no contest. A console will never improve from the moment you pull it out of the box. A PC is capable of being enhanced and upgraded.

PC's are better for everything. Absolutely everything. Why? You can do more with them. You can actually make games with computers. Can you do that on your console? Nope. You cant. You need a PC. :P




But, it isnt. I retroactively showed how this mentality is wrong in my previous post. Im not going to reiterate it for you. Nor is the rest of your post even worth responding to on this subject. More hyperbole.



All of the footage is real. The visual elements are 100% real. The only farse in the footage was the audio.

So you think the PC is better for everything eh? i know a few examples too prove you wrong (and be prepared for a long list) the PC version of MW2 is much worse, the PC version of Gears of War is awful and controls are horrible, the PC version of GTA4 is univerally hated and dispised and MUCH worse than the console counterpart and the console version of Doom 3 acually got higher review scores the the PC verison which was the version that more effort put into it. etc. Now the online MP of all my console is 99% lag free and 90% of the PC games are very laggy, you say that consoles don't have an editing commuinty ok that is stupid but why do we need one? for arguements' sake say Uncharted 2 was perfect why would we want to edit it? and for you info consoles can be upgraded look at the PS3 AND my Wii is always upgrading and improving itself. Also what the hell is Hyerbole?

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 08 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!
  • 389

#77

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 02:54 PM, said:

So you think the PC is better for everything eh? i know a few examples too prove you wrong (and be prepared for a long list) the PC version of MW2 is much worse, the PC version of Gears of War is awful and controls are horrible, the PC version of GTA4 is univerally hated and dispised and MUCH worse than the console counterpart

All those were poorly ported from console. I have not had any problems with the MW2 port for PC and I find that I am a much better shooter than my friends who play the XBOX360 version.

Also, firmware and software updates are not hardware updates. In the area of hardware upgrades, I suppose you can include the HDD upgrades you can buy now for many times the price of a normal HDD for a PC...but that is hardly an upgrade worth noting.

Quote

Also what the hell is Hyerbole?

There is this really cool thing called Google or you could try out this even cooler thing called a dictionary.

I'm still smarter than you
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#78

View PostMr.Flibble, on Apr 8 2010, 12:04 PM, said:

All those were poorly ported from console. I have not had any problems with the MW2 port for PC and I find that I am a much better shooter than my friends who play the XBOX360 version.

Also, firmware and software updates are not hardware updates. In the area of hardware upgrades, I suppose you can include the HDD upgrades you can buy now for many times the price of a normal HDD for a PC...but that is hardly an upgrade worth noting.


There is this really cool thing called Google or you could try out this even cooler thing called a dictionary.

It counts, an upgrade is an upgrade

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,535

#79

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 11:54 AM, said:

So you think the PC is better for everything eh? i know a few examples too prove you wrong (and be prepared for a long list) the PC version of MW2 is much worse, the PC version of Gears of War is awful and controls are horrible, the PC version of GTA4 is univerally hated and dispised and MUCH worse than the console counterpart and the console version of Doom 3 acually got higher review scores the the PC verison which was the version that more effort put into it. Now the online MP of all my console is 99% lag free and 90% of the PC games are very laggy, you say that consoles don't have an editing commuinty ok that is stupid but why do we need one? for arguements' sake say Uncharted 2 was perfect why would we want to edit it? and for you info consoles can be upgraded look at the PS3 AND my Wii is always upgrading and improving itself.


I like how with your initial arguement you jump from one side to the other.

The ports of the consoles games to PC are generally lazy afterthoughts. They garner a fraction of the development time, usually by an external studio. It doesnt reflect on the technology, it reflects on the developers. Plus, in some instances where a sloppy port has been put out for PC, it is quickly patched and made better. The know-how and intelligence of PC users also allows them to fix things themselves. :D :P

Doom 3 on the PC is still active. Its community is still churning out content. People have access to mods and levels that the console gamers dont. Not to mention the initial console ports of Doom 3 were butchered, with smaller levels, and several segments removed or shrunk down. Where as, perfeclty fitting to my previous statement, Doom 3 on the PC has been expanded, with upgrades to graphics and sounds over the years to give it an extra graphical punch, hardware permitting.

Your remarks about lag are extremely relative. I've seen lag on consoles. There is no fundamental difference between internet through a console and internet through a PC. A DSL modem, a cable modem, or a dial-up modem. Its all the same between a console and a PC. You're just as likely to get lag on one as you are on the other.

There is no such thing as a perfect game. So that arguement is moot. An editing community wouldnt even hurt if a game were "perfect" because there is no con to having the ability to generate user-made content. Ever. In fact, you'd need such a functionality to make said game perfect in my view. Consoles dont have said ability. They fail.

Your final point? No. Just no.


You missed Flibble's point. Yeah, its an upgrade, but its more expensive an upgrade that PC's can get that is cheaper... and its also JUST THE ONE ELEMENT. PC's can upgrade completely, any component, at any time. Your console will never exceed the sum of its parts..

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#80

View PostCommando Nukem, on Apr 8 2010, 11:11 AM, said:

I like how with your initial arguement you jump from one side to the other.

The ports of the consoles games to PC are generally lazy afterthoughts. They garner a fraction of the development time, usually by an external studio. It doesnt reflect on the technology, it reflects on the developers. Plus, in some instances where a sloppy port has been put out for PC, it is quickly patched and made better. The know-how and intelligence of PC users also allows them to fix things themselves. :D :P

Doom 3 on the PC is still active. Its community is still churning out content. People have access to mods and levels that the console gamers dont. Not to mention the initial console ports of Doom 3 were butchered, with smaller levels, and several segments removed or shrunk down. Where as, perfeclty fitting to my previous statement, Doom 3 on the PC has been expanded, with upgrades to graphics and sounds over the years to give it an extra graphical punch, hardware permitting.

Your remarks about lag are extremely relative. I've seen lag on consoles. There is no fundamental difference between internet through a console and internet through a PC. A DSL modem, a cable modem, or a dial-up modem. Its all the same between a console and a PC. You're just as likely to get lag on one as you are on the other.

There is no such thing as a perfect game. So that arguement is moot. An editing community wouldnt even hurt if a game were "perfect" because there is no con to having the ability to generate user-made content. Ever. In fact, you'd need such a functionality to make said game perfect in my view. Consoles dont have said ability. They fail.

Your final point? No. Just no.


You missed Flibble's point. Yeah, its an upgrade, but its more expensive an upgrade that PC's can get that is cheaper... and its also JUST THE ONE ELEMENT. PC's can upgrade completely, any component, at any time. Your console will never exceed the sum of its parts..

Expensive lololololo :D it doesn't cost anything its free... and having reread you comment about editing communtiy not hurting a perfect game is wrong. compeltly and utterly wrong, it something isn't broken don't fix it. simple, if you keep thinking that you could end up as one those "'creative visionaries" that ruins things by making things "better."

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,535

#81

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 02:02 PM, said:

Expensive lololololo :P it doesn't cost anything its free... and having reread you comment about editing communtiy not hurting a perfect game is wrong. compeltly and utterly wrong, it something isn't broken don't fix it. simple, if you keep thinking that you could end up as one those "'creative visionaries" that ruins things by making things "better."


Lol. Troll. :D

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#82

View PostCommando Nukem, on Apr 8 2010, 02:06 PM, said:

Lol. Troll. :P

:D lol

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Booflax 

  • 2

#83

Calling Half-Life and Portal overrated on a DNF forum? Oh god this is hilarious.
0

User is offline   themaniacboy 

  • 92

#84

View Postblackharted, on Apr 8 2010, 06:23 PM, said:

Oh i think do know a REAL shooter as i have a very up to date PC and lots of shooter games for it but consoles aren't for "kiddies" as put so kindly put it, it seems to me that you PC gamers are nothing but arrogant whiny little children whos gaming rigs are a fake afterthought, unlike us REAL console gamers whos rigs were from the ground up to be gaming rigs.
And if you want to agrue and say that the PC is better for everything BS! look at Big Rigs without doubt THE worst game EVER and oh look its a PC exlusive!

Oh and Commando Nukem i think you are VERY biased toward HL it is Very overated in everyway and the ONLY innovation in HL2 was the phyics engine. Other than that it it was a very linear game that over relied on the phyics engine itself and felt very artificial in a wired way, with chessy sound FX and a very bad stroy, the ONLY plus was the pretty graphics.

Going back on topic i liked the the footage, and even though it kinda fake it probobly was what the game looks like and MUST have at least some real content.


I think you have "played" the game, but not actually played like most gamers do that loves these games
I love HL1, played it 3 times through, loved half-life 2, though only played it 2 times through, played episode 1 and 2 once through
So i know the game and oooowww man.. i would love to see a sequel
You really get a feeling you care about the characters, you really get sucked in the game
I think they are totally NOT overrated, i think there should be more credit towards these games to show how a REAL game should be made

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 09 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

0

User is offline   Psyrgery 

  • 36

#85

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Apr 7 2010, 08:54 PM, said:

Fail.


Seconded.
0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer
  • 2,151

#86

Fail of Biblical Proportion.

Having the entire population of the world lying on the floor in a helpless, wheezing heap through laughing till they can't breath kind of fail.

Just walk into a Papal conference and announce in a loud and authoritative voice that the Second Coming of Christ wasn't really that important anyway.
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#87

View Postthemaniacboy, on Apr 9 2010, 04:24 PM, said:

I think you have "played" the game, but not actually played like most gamers do that loves these games
I love HL1, played it 3 times through, loved half-life 2, though only played it 2 times through, played episode 1 and 2 once through
So i know the game and oooowww man.. i would love to see a sequel
You really get a feeling you care about the characters, you really get sucked in the game
I think they are totally NOT overrated, i think there should be more credit towards these games to show how a REAL game should be made

I HAVE played all the way to the bitter end, and your post impiles there's and differance between the way i play games and the way you do BS! playing a game is playing a game, no differance at all.
BTW if you want too see how how REAL games should be made check out Batman: Arkham Asylum, and GTA Chinatown Wars before you laugh think about it, too VERY well put together, well made, well written highly polished games, that are plesantly suprising.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer
  • 2,151

#88

View Postblackharted, on Apr 10 2010, 08:53 AM, said:

...BTW if you want too see how how REAL games should be made check out Batman: Arkham Asylum, and GTA Chinatown Wars before you laugh think about it, too VERY well put together, well made, well written highly polished games, that are plesantly suprising.


Did he really say that? I didn't imagine that did I? Half Life isn't a real game? Did he REALLY say that?

I don't think that you realise that the reason we have decent modern shooters (a matter of opinion really, but whatever...) is because HL showed them how to do it correctly.

My kids are playing the original HL now and having a whale of a time.
0

User is offline   Jinroh 

  • 106

#89

View PostTea Monster, on Apr 11 2010, 01:10 AM, said:

I don't think that you realise that the reason we have decent modern shooters (a matter of opinion really, but whatever...) is because HL showed them how to do it correctly.


Plus he can't really say that GTA: Chinatown Wars and Batman Arkham: Asylum are better than Half-Life because they're from two different time periods and gaming has progressed significantly since then. >_>

"So long HRP, bring on Duke "NextGen" :3
0

User is offline   blackharted 

  • -63

#90

View PostJinroh, on Apr 10 2010, 10:22 AM, said:

Plus he can't really say that GTA: Chinatown Wars and Batman Arkham: Asylum are better than Half-Life because they're from two different time periods and gaming has progressed significantly since then. >_>

Yes i know i'm just saying that they prime examples of a well made product.

I don't want your blackhart I've countless billions of those.

The hardest part of ending is starting again!

Trolling's awesome.
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options