Duke4.net Forums: Lameduke/beta inspired TC (ASSETS RELEASED) - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lameduke/beta inspired TC (ASSETS RELEASED)  "Abandoned"

View Postdarkcaleb, on Apr 20 2010, 07:59 PM, said:

Don't forget that the pigcops can fly :P

They can't fly :D never saw that in beta screens, only the enforcers were in those flying cars

User is offline   darkcaleb 

It's when they are not far from a explosion then like jump away not flying sorry :P

User is offline   Cage 

Posted Image
Got most of the frames for the sucker, still needs firing upwards and on jetpack frames. I'll maybe add the horn (as on beta screens and concept art) on the back of the helmet but I like it round :P

I've started thinking about where I'm going with this, and I honestly have no idea. Making a Duke3d Beta - between lameduke and 1.0 - TC is impossible, to make it accurate I'd have to travel back to '95 and sneak into 3d realms :D GFX for example is not avalaible (except like reference from screenshots which cannot be used directly) and making your own from scratch is a lot of work, plus defeats the whole point if it's supposed to be as close a possible. I'm none of the artists that worked with Duke, so that's pretty much impossible.

It's supposed to be an episode, to have some new maps to play and also house the new features. I've started mapping and it seems that I've mapped some areas seen/heavily inspired by the beta shots, a some in between transitions, right now I'm working on a new area with my own ideas, and I just keep wondering, whether it fits or not, or am I doing it right, etc. In fact, working with my own ideas makes me add my own new graphic stuff to the mix which leaves me even more wordering if it works together :D

So I think I'm just going to make it my way, as an map pack with custom content, and so, the 'beta twist' in the gameplay/look. Ideas/suggestions very welcome

This post has been edited by Cage: 21 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Being a lameduke / beta duke nut myself, I'd go with on fixing the lameduke maps.
Lot's of the maps in there have very neat concepts and even an complete gameplay flow.

It will be a pain to fix them since some of the effects abuse the build engine (and break up often).
Also most of the maps lack in detail and have pretty bad design.
Best bet would be to cut an episode, combine some of the smaller map designs in existing maps or drop some.

I would place it as the closest I could get as a duke3d sequel/prequel since you can clearly see some of the original/old 'duke style' in most of the maps.
Not sure who did what maps but It's still the same people who worked on the game. So many levels/ideas got scrapped that you won't really be remaking the retail duke3d levels.

Making new maps is also good, but it kinda breaks the above point. I see it as slapping existing custom maps in a mod.

Modifying existing maps.. well that would be cool as well. Since both are 'official' (lameduke assets/gameplay with retail maps).
It would need hand modifying to make them look good though. These could be distributed as patch files so the original map data won't be distributed.
I really liked the Red light district texture swap screenshot so I think that a complete swap would really change the mood & give the illusion of an earlier version :P

I would go with fixing the lameduke maps.. but!
In the end it's your choice, I am just excited about anything that is lameduke related stuff.
Just giving out my opinions :D

User is offline   DuduKrazy 

you could also add the two levelord's single player maps. i remember there was a shot of a earlier version of Sweeney. as for the episodes, if you're planning to make just one, then you could add/make some space, moon and city-type maps. if you're going for two episodes, you could name them as "Cosmic Wasteland" and "Shutdown At Ground Zero", after the 0.99 beta.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Do you have any plans to make a working space suit?

User is offline   Marcos 

I've recoded the spacesuit for my MOD!!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=22JLLVaFI9Q

This post has been edited by marcolino123: 23 April 2010 - 09:09 AM

User is offline   Cage 

Status report :(

Unfortunately due to lack of time, coding skill and ideas (levels/gameplay wise) i have to abandon this. But don't worry, I'm currently working on finishing the lameduke based parallax sky and making a proper dying frames for the trooper:

Posted Image

After this is finished, I'm going to release this to the public - maybe someone will have ideas for further development or at least puts the art to good use :(.

Stay tuned

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostCage, on May 30 2010, 09:20 AM, said:

Unfortunately due to lack of time, coding skill and ideas (levels/gameplay wise) i have to abandon this. But don't worry, I'm currently working on finishing the lameduke based parallax sky and making a proper dying frames for the trooper:

Posted Image

After this is finished, I'm going to release this to the public - maybe someone will have ideas for further development or at least puts the art to good use :(.

Stay tuned

I was just about to post and say "What Happened to this?"

Thanks for telling us though

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostCage, on May 29 2010, 03:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Stay tuned

This makes me sad. I wanted to play this. :(

User is offline   DuduKrazy 

me too.

User is offline   Cage 

Download link for beta tc assets

There's a readme file inside the zip.

Check it out if you want :( There's no gameplay however

User is offline   Lunick 

I see you have done some good work in the MOD, i hope somone finishes it

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I was excited about this mod, i hope someone with the skills will finish it. :(

User is offline   Marcos 

Attached Image: 1.png
Attached Image: 2.png
when you hit an enemy with the throwflame projectile in the
beta version, what exactly happen to the enemy?
I tried to reproduce the effect but no success
is it a bug or not?

I tried out this one and i liked this mod, even if you abandoned it.

But if you wouldn't abandon this mod, you could have finished the 2 maps and the rest of it somehow (Human Troopers etc)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Necropost!!!

First!!!!

User is offline   Jblade 

Whilst we're here...could anybody reuploaded the assets if they still have it? (or Cage if you read this?) I'd appreciate it :)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJames, on 04 August 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Whilst we're here...could anybody reuploaded the assets if they still have it? (or Cage if you read this?) I'd appreciate it :)

Here you go.

Attached File(s)

User is online   zykov eddy 

I have it on my PC, but unfortunately can't remember the name of the file.

P.S oh, thanks DT!

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 05 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Yeah, thanks! :)

User is offline   poop87 

View PostCage, on 02 April 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

UPDATE: I've abandoned this TC, at least as an one man effort. You can download TC's assets here.
-------------

Inspired by the beta shots in this topic I started thinking about a TC (probably one episode) that would have some features of the Duke's beta (for example the weapons that got replaced - laser chainsaw, flamethrower, etc.). I think it would be an interesting twist, a map pack with a Duke feel but a bit different.

Here's a quick mock up screen where I remade (not exactly) one location from the screens
Posted Image
(uses some touched up lameduke artwork)

What do you think? Consider this an idea thread (not a tc-in-making annoucement).

The download link is deader than Duke in a room full of Cycloid Emperors.

User is online   zykov eddy 

View Postpoop87, on 28 August 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

The download link is deader than Duke in a room full of Cycloid Emperors.

DT reuploaded the file.

This seemed like a really good idea. Too bad it never took off, though :(

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

That screenshot reminds me of the E1L2 from the 0.99 prototype

Posted Image

And here is LameDuke Xtreme

http://www.mediafire...php?ozgnmfmnzzn

it also includes patch 0.4a .

I love you!
It works like a charm, but it's harder than hell. Who says Duke Nukem Forever is hard, ol' Duke3D beta is a challenge. I still can't find the exit on E1L4.

This post has been edited by Slippy_Pig: 04 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Here is the proper link for the last post Lamedukex.7z
It won't run on the latest version of Eduke32, says there is con errors.

This post has been edited by Drek: 04 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

Sorry for a triple post, but I've found that I have (ALL) of the Lameduke levels are in my Duke Nukem directory ( I must've put them there by accident ). I can actually play these levels with eDuke32 as if they were normal levels( Even with mods! ). All of the old enemies were replaced with their new counterparts, too.
But, it seems that almost ALL textures are "halls of mirrors". Some textures aren't, but that's rare.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSlippy_Pig, on 05 September 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

Sorry for a triple post, but I've found that I have (ALL) of the Lameduke levels are in my Duke Nukem directory ( I must've put them there by accident ). I can actually play these levels with eDuke32 as if they were normal levels( Even with mods! ). All of the old enemies were replaced with their new counterparts, too.
But, it seems that almost ALL textures are "halls of mirrors". Some textures aren't, but that's rare.

That must be from LameDuke Forever, which I uploaded. Funduke inserted LameDuke textures in all the blank spaces in the art files.

Mr.Cage, what i've heard from Captain Awesome, when i started a topic about CON Coding for your Human Trooper is, that Human Troopers need the same AI as The Assault Trooper

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options