Duke4.net Forums: Shock and Awesome this Summer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shock and Awesome this Summer!

I now stronly believe in something being shown on the D-Day June 6.

DNF was planned going gold on April 1 2010, that is what the director of 2K told via his twitter!
This means there was a clear schedule for DNF! After the layoffs in May 2009 an ex-employee said that DNF would have been finished around April 2010.
This means the DNF schedule (with DNF going gold in April 2010) was made even one year before.
With this clear schedule planned out remember the following.
Scott teased us with the D-Day "DNF" pic in end of November 2009. DNF was in development at Gearbox for several months already back then. This means Gearbox DNF schedule indicated that in June 2010 DNF could be at a certain status in development. This is why Scott hinted at the D-Day back then because he knew on June 6 DNF was going to be shown in public. If its just a trailer in combination with the court case settlement announcement or even DNF going gold is not known yet.

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Apr 19 2010, 03:41 PM, said:

DNF was planned going gold on April 1 2010, that is what the director of 2K told via his twitter!
This means there was a clear schedule for DNF! After the layoffs in May 2009 an ex-employee said that DNF would have been finished around April 2010.
This means the DNF schedule (with DNF going gold in April 2010) was made even one year before.
Scott teased us with the D-Day "DNF" pic in end of November 2009. DNF was in development at Gearbox for several months already back then. This means Gearbox DNF schedule indicated that in June 2010 DNF could be at a certain status in development. This is why Scott hinted at the D-Day back then because he knew on June 6 DNF was going to be shown in public. If its just a trailer in combination with the court case settlement announcement or even DNF going gold is not known yet.

Man wrong on so many levels.

Mostly - "DNF was in development at Gearbox for several months already back then. This means Gearbox DNF schedule indicated that in June 2010 DNF could be at a certain status in development. "

Gearbox had nothing to do with DNF, right from T2 and court docs, Gearbox was working on another Duke game for T2 not 3DR, it was to create Duke Begins (canceled), part of the reason 3DR is pissed at T2. Nobody has ever stated which Dev company (if any) is working on or had worked on DNF.

Per Scott and previous game news D-Day was to be a console game using Duke material (buildings/textures/gameplay style) but not Duke.

Duke Nukem: D-Day – PlayStation 2 game to be developed by N-Space.

The game was never officially canceled but also never released.

My theory - D-Day is another 'phantom' game under the 3DR belt that will never see the light of day. They really couldn't release a DNF screenshot officially, so they label it with another dead game. Come on 3DR at least change the type of snowjob once in a while.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postcanada4duke, on Apr 19 2010, 11:11 AM, said:

What's this Duke Nukem thing? I vaguely remember something from my youth, but I'm getting on in years and we old timers tend to forget things often.

Who are you again? HUH!? Where am I?

:P

Y'know, looking at the footage makes me incredibly sad. Its so very clear to me that Duke Nukem Forever was going to be so much a Duke Nukem game, that they werent going to ruin who the character was or lose the old school feeling.

User is online   Sangman 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Apr 19 2010, 09:41 PM, said:

What are you sources here Mr. Exclusive, or are you just pulling far-fetched conclusions out of your arse?

User is offline   BugsBunny 

Just prepare yourself for massive disappointment on June 6th Jobi.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostBugsBunny, on Apr 20 2010, 10:29 PM, said:

Because its really coming out June 5th! :P

User is offline   Jinroh 

'Sangman' said:

What are you sources here Mr. Exclusive, or are you just pulling far-fetched conclusions out of your arse?

More Youtube Comments? ^o^

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 20 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

User is offline   digimonkey 

View PostBugsBunny, on Apr 20 2010, 07:29 PM, said:

DNF = Disappointment Now and Forever

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Its a shame we've de-evoled into random threads about "OMG SOON HERES CLOOS" and "TROLL TROLL TROLL."

I remember back, about eight years ago, when I was a lurker at the 3D Realms forums... There was some of that, but the community was so flippin alive.

I shouldnt have done that. Now I feel really freaking old.

User is offline   Sobek 

• There's coffee in that nebula!

You feel really freaking old, I feel really freaking sad.

I can still recall sometime around 2002, hopping on the 3dr forums and just enjoying all of the chat going on about DNF. There was absolutely no animosity or "Fornever!" or any of that shit... It was just folk who love/d 3dr & Duke all the same and were just eagerly awaiting that new game to come out.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostSobek, on Apr 22 2010, 09:14 PM, said:

You feel really freaking old, I feel really freaking sad.

I can still recall sometime around 2002, hopping on the 3dr forums and just enjoying all of the chat going on about DNF. There was absolutely no animosity or "Fornever!" or any of that shit... It was just folk who love/d 3dr & Duke all the same and were just eagerly awaiting that new game to come out.

Those were really, really good times. On top of it all, the E3 2001 trailer was still fresh and fun to watch. Now it's just painful and brings back sad memories of what could have been.

User is offline   robotman5 

wow. :(

View Postalways bet on duke., on Jun 9 2010, 01:49 PM, said:

wow. :(

Wow indeed.

User is offline   Green 

He gave you your money you just can't see it because your boyfriend came in your eye and blinded you. :(

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 10 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

View PostMr. Green, on Jun 10 2010, 02:16 PM, said:

He gave you your money you just can't see it because your boyfriend came in your eye and blinded you. :(

Are you talking to me? If you are your wrong I'm NOT gay

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postblackharted, on Jun 12 2010, 01:15 AM, said:

Are you talking to me? If you are your wrong I'm NOT gay

You are not gay nor are you straight because you have not even had sex yet because you think any talk about sex is
" :( "
As I have seen you posting around the place.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 11 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Having sex doesn't make you gay or straight.

User is offline   Johnny 

My favorite TV-Series HEROES is cancelled and then the big Valve-surprise is not DNF, just a Portal-2-surprise. Perhaps on gamescom is Shock and Awesome? :(

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 11 2010, 09:20 AM, said:

You are not gay nor are you straight because you have not even had sex yet because you think any talk about sex is
" :( "
As I have seen you posting around the place.

Maybe he's just into touchy-feely?

User is offline   EvanQuinn 

Jobi, you are the man. And Nukem Dave. And so is everyone else on this forum. I am beginning to think you are a psychic, so please tell me some lottery numbers. This is the best news ever!
:(

User is offline   Kathy 

He's not a psychic. He's just thorough.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options