Duke4.net Forums: Something is going on - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something is going on

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

I just had a realization of extreme magnitude. There are a few things that have seemed strange over the last few weeks, and now the pieces are starting to come together. The Duke Facebook activity was the first and most obvious indication that something is happening, but something else hit me: George has not been posting on either his Twitter or Shacknews accounts as he usually does. Then, a few hours ago, he made this post on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/g...atus/6989404359

This post says, "Been busy with work stuff and last minute holiday stuff and just fell off the radar" This is it, he admitted that he has been busy over the last few weeks with "work stuff" which can only mean DNF. The end conclusion for me is that we could be hours away from the release of something huge: a press release on the game, a trailer, a playable demo. My imagination is running wild with anticipation, and I can no longer control my urge to scream at the top of my lungs with excitement!

User is offline   Kathy 

Holy shit... We have another rockman clone. He's assembling an army against humanity.

NukemDave
JobivanHiob
ultra tree 85!

Who's gonna be the next victim?

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Sounds like something is going on! Expect something before years end?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

work stuff could also relate to the lawsuit you know.
You guys need to stop jumping the gun all the time, you will only end up getting hurt. :lol:

User is offline   Kathy 

I expect coming of December 31st. All fingers crossed!

P.S. Would be ironic if I die before that, heh.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

"Work stuff" could be everything from filling the pop machine, George taking a dump, sorting mail, lawsuit crap, etc. 3drealms doesn't exclusively exist(on it's skeleton staff) for Duke Nukem Forever.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Dec 24 2009, 09:27 AM, said:

I just had a realization of extreme magnitude.

You're so behind the game that it isn't funny.

Wake up man, my Steam download is already at 83%, which means I'll be playing DNF in an hour or so.

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Dec 24 2009, 03:53 AM, said:

"Work stuff" could be everything from filling the pop machine, George taking a dump, sorting mail, lawsuit crap, etc. 3drealms doesn't exclusively exist(on it's skeleton staff) for Duke Nukem Forever.

But this evidence was taken as part of a larger picture. There's also the fact that nothing has been posted for a while on Duke's Facebook, for example. I'm confident that "work stuff" is indeed related to D-day, which is related to DNF. :lol:

User is offline   N64 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Dec 24 2009, 01:27 AM, said:

I just had a realization of extreme magnitude. There are a few things that have seemed strange over the last few weeks, and now the pieces are starting to come together. The Duke Facebook activity was the first and most obvious indication that something is happening, but something else hit me: George has not been posting on either his Twitter or Shacknews accounts as he usually does. Then, a few hours ago, he made this post on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/g...atus/6989404359

This post says, "Been busy with work stuff and last minute holiday stuff and just fell off the radar" This is it, he admitted that he has been busy over the last few weeks with "work stuff" which can only mean DNF. The end conclusion for me is that we could be hours away from the release of something huge: a press release on the game, a trailer, a playable demo. My imagination is running wild with anticipation, and I can no longer control my urge to scream at the top of my lungs with excitement!

Yes! Stay Tuned For Christmas! :lol:

This post has been edited by angelo86: 24 December 2009 - 08:05 AM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostLotan, on Dec 24 2009, 04:47 AM, said:

Holy shit... We have another rockman clone. He's assembling an army against humanity.

Correct! Now, who else can we recruit? :lol:

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 24 2009, 09:31 AM, said:

Correct! Now, who else can we recruit? :lol:

Me! :lol:

User is offline   CrazyCholo 

I would be excited but how many times have we thought something DNF when George or someone says "Just did work"? Too many times. No need to get a hard on. Just wait until tomorrow. :lol:

User is offline   Kathy 

Yeah. He was "working" since 1997.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

George farted. That was "work"

Yes, something is going on. Now, if you take the pills the doctor told you, all the scary monsters will go away.

What's this D-day that is everyone talking about, i saw the picture, it was the Emperor in the classic stadium with some dude shooting at it, i heard people saying it was a EDF soldier
You guys know more about it ?
Is it a new game or is it something special about DNF

User is offline   Justyce 

With G.B. 'work stuff' could mean just about anything.
Once we see a posting on a gaming site or duke4.net news listing lawsuit settled, then and only then can we begin to hope beyond hope that DNF might be released before 2020.

This post has been edited by Justyce: 24 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

GeorgeB3DR - Happy Holidays to family, friends, fans, colleagues, pundits and haters! It's 32 and drizzling/snowing in Dallas.

User is offline   SpitFire 

How DNF fans translate news:

GB having a BBQ party --> Party is about something --> Something = DNF --> DNF is finished or near completion

GB posts something on Twitter --> GB is at a computer or on iphone --> GB has free time --> DNF is finished

No news about DNF is released for a long period of time --> 3DR is busy --> Busy = Working --> Working on DNF

Minuscule amount of news about DNF is released --> DNF is going gold the day after

:lol:

This post has been edited by SpitFire: 24 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

View PostSpitFire, on Dec 25 2009, 07:02 AM, said:

---The post above this one---

Couldn't have put it better myself, this is why I don't hang out in the DNF section much now; It all looks the same after a while.

Anyhows, as for something going on? I'll just wait and see, just like the other 12 or so years. To be honest, I don't think about DNF much anymore until I visit the forums and it hits me in the face. Of course I still want the game though.

I nearly hit [Report] instead of [Edit] - Can I report my own posts?

This post has been edited by High Treason: 24 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

User is offline   Sharpie 

I just blew my load because George said something on his twitter.

DNF 2010 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Work stuff could mean play testing 3rd party games they have going for example. Doesn't have to be DNF related.

• Honored Donor

I am almost completely certain that by the end of December 31st, 2009, we will have seen something from the game. The fact that Christmas came without a present doesn't mean they don't have something planned for a point in time over the next few days. :lol:

If we don't get an update before the end of the year, then I give the moderators permission to ban me from the forum for spamming with worthless posts lamenting the collapse of the DNF dream in one way or another. It's all I do around here anymore, and I just can't let go of it because of how much I care about this game. :lol:

11:59 PM, December 31st - Someone should make one of those countdowns for this. There's a pretty good chance that this is it - something to hold us over while the legal mess is sorted out.

User is offline   Sir Tobbii 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Dec 26 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

I am almost completely certain that by the end of December 31st, 2009, we will have seen something from the game. The fact that Christmas came without a present doesn't mean they don't have something planned for a point in time over the next few days. :lol:

If we don't get an update before the end of the year, then I give the moderators permission to ban me from the forum for spamming with worthless posts lamenting the collapse of the DNF dream in one way or another. It's all I do around here anymore, and I just can't let go of it because of how much I care about this game. ;)

11:59 PM, December 31st - Someone should make one of those countdowns for this. There's a pretty good chance that this is it - something to hold us over while the legal mess is sorted out.

Yeah, a Timer going down to PM 11:59:59 Dec. 31. I've never heard of one of those... :lol:

This post has been edited by Sir Tobbii: 26 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

http://www.shacknews...article.x/61747

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Yes, I saw that...still, nothing worthwhile. Hell, it probably shouldn't be in the DNF section at all since it isn't really about DNF.

Can this forum section be renamed to the 3DR Drama Forum? :lol:

User is offline   N64 

By: ScottMi11er

The hate here is deep.
But completely understandable.

• Honored Donor

As for the long-coming Duke Nukem Forever, Miller stressed that "we've never said that Duke Nukem Forever has ceased development," explaining "yes, we released the internal team, but that doesn't correlate to the demise of the project." Back in June, 3D Realms claimed it was still working on "the development of" Duke Nukem Forever, despite having "released the majority of its employees working on the development."

This part of the article at Shacknews is the best. :lol:

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Posted Image

http://www.3drealms....2/its_done.html

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 26 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Words or it didn't happen.

User is offline   ryche 

Go to their main site and see for yourself...

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options