Duke4.net Forums: Non-Steam version of Duke Nukem Forever and DLC's needed - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Non-Steam version of Duke Nukem Forever and DLC's needed

User is offline   pedrox 

Hi I'm an amateur modder, and I need a GOG copy(or any other non-steam copy) of Duke Nukem Forever and its two dlc's to be able to mod dlc multiplayer maps.Unfortunately, if I make any changes to the dlc maps, steam checks for files integrity preventing me from launch them.A GOG version(or any other version) of this game and its DLC's would allow me to make changes and improvements that would only benefit the entire Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer community.This summer i developed a multiplayer mod for this game: ,but as I said Steam checks for integrity of the dlc maps,then i was only able to mod the standard maps . I am willing to pay well those versions or alternatively even trade them with other games as it is the only multiplayer game I play(i have been playing it from 10 years).PS* Would a pirated version work the same? Taking into account that I have several physical copies of DNF and therefore would it be legal. Thank you

View Postpedrox, on 21 November 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

Hi I'm an amateur modder, and I need a GOG copy(or any other non-steam copy) of Duke Nukem Forever and its two dlc's to be able to mod dlc multiplayer maps.Unfortunately, if I make any changes to the dlc maps, steam checks for files integrity preventing me from launch them.A GOG version(or any other version) of this game and its DLC's would allow me to make changes and improvements that would only benefit the entire Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer community.This summer i developed a multiplayer mod for this game: ,but as I said Steam checks for integrity of the dlc maps,then i was only able to mod the standard maps . I am willing to pay well those versions or alternatively even trade them with other games as it is the only multiplayer game I play(i have been playing it from 10 years).PS* Would a pirated version work the same? Taking into account that I have several physical copies of DNF and therefore would it be legal. Thank you

the antitampering measures have nothing to do with steam, that's DNF's hash check bullshit.

This post has been edited by Futuretime23: 21 November 2021 - 03:26 AM

User is offline   pedrox 

View PostFuturetime23, on 21 November 2021 - 03:25 AM, said:

the antitampering measures have nothing to do with steam, that's DNF's hash check bullshit.

thanks.But why don't these mechanisms occur in standard maps?

User is offline   pedrox 

View PostFuturetime23, on 21 November 2021 - 03:25 AM, said:

is bughandler.dll that generates error messages?

This post has been edited by pedrox: 21 November 2021 - 04:15 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postpedrox, on 21 November 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

Would a pirated version work the same? Taking into account that I have several physical copies of DNF and therefore would it be legal.

It doesn't matter how many legal copies you own, pirating it would still be illegal.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options