Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE][DM] Pipe Plaza - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE][DM] Pipe Plaza  "Now with 100% more TROR and about 95% more decorative stuff"

Several years ago, I built a DukeMatch map based on the Pipe Plaza battle course from Mario Kart: Double Dash; recently, since I was suffering from a bad case of map designer's block but still wanted to build something (or "Build" something, get it? Build?), I decided to remake the map from scratch, now with gratuitous TROR and a lot more decorative stuff.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0001.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png
  • Attached Image: duke0004.png

Attached File(s)

User is offline   jkas789 

A lot of the Balloon Match maps from Mario Kart make for good DM maps in any FPS game.

This look good! Even though MP is not my thing (and my internet is shit) I'll give it a ride and see if one of my co workers want to play a match on it. Thanks for the hard work mate.

User is offline   Seb Luca 

It seems to be a great arena ! Well done, dude ;) :o

User is offline   Aleks 

It looks really cool! I doubt Megaton handles TROR, so probably won't be able to try it out online - have you tested this in multiplayer?

User is offline   Šneček 

Since I don't have the opportunity to play multiplayer, I tried to play this map with bots using duke3dw, but unfortunately I'm disappointed, because even after 10 minutes of waiting it didn't want to load. It was still lit ENTERING USER MAP PPLAZA_TROR.MAP That's why I looked at it in the game, and the map didn't seem big to me, that it might be difficult to load, so I don't know why it doesn't work. As for the number of bots, I chose only 4. The worst part is that until now I believed that in duke3dw I could try any dukematch map I could get and now I see that it probably won't be true. :-(

DUKE3D.GRP file in duke3dw folder comes from Megaton Edition

This post has been edited by Šneček: 14 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

View PostŠneček, on 14 January 2021 - 07:47 AM, said:

Since I don't have the opportunity to play multiplayer, I tried to play this map with bots using duke3dw, but unfortunately I'm disappointed, because even after 10 minutes of waiting it didn't want to load. It was still lit ENTERING USER MAP PPLAZA_TROR.MAP That's why I looked at it in the game, and the map didn't seem big to me, that it might be difficult to load, so I don't know why it doesn't work. As for the number of bots, I chose only 4. The worst part is that until now I believed that in duke3dw I could try any dukematch map I could get and now I see that it probably won't be true. :-(

DUKE3D.GRP file in duke3dw folder comes from Megaton Edition

Have you tried playing this map in eDuke32? That's what I used for those screenshots.
What happens when you try to load other maps that have TROR in them?
This map uses a substantial amount of TROR, mostly for decorative purposes; as such, any non-TROR-compatible Build/Duke source port will probably just eat shit when you try to play the map.

This post has been edited by ToiletDuck64: 20 January 2021 - 12:58 AM

User is offline   Šneček 

View PostToiletDuck64, on 20 January 2021 - 12:57 AM, said:

Have you tried playing this map in eDuke32? That's what I used for those screenshots.
What happens when you try to load other maps that have TROR in them?
This map uses a substantial amount of TROR, mostly for decorative purposes; as such, any non-TROR-compatible Build/Duke source port will probably just eat shit when you try to play the map.

No, I tried to play that map in Duke3dw source port- my only way how to try a "fake dukematch" with bots. That GRP file in duke3dw comes from Megaton. I already tried to use another grp for Duke3dw, for example from plutonium pak, but it didn´t work well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options