Duke4.net Forums: Windows 10 Defender - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 10 Defender  "Mapster32 Blocked as ransomware"

User is offline   Paul B 

Running Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Version 20H2 Build 19042.572. Using the latest Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection I can no longer run Mapster32.debug.exe as it is now detected as Randsomware. This just started occurring when I went to test build: 20201107-9275-6256d4bf7

Please see attached screenshot. The file doesn't get deleted the Mapster process just gets stopped.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Blocked.JPG

This post has been edited by Paul B: 17 November 2020 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

I could go ahead and create an exception for the folder the mapster.exe file is stored in and push it out through machine group policy. But it begs to differ why would this file be tagged as ransomware in the first place.

User is offline   Player Lin 

When you doubt, ask Virustotal. :P

32bit - https://www.virustot...0252d3df742c00/
(Someone already upload the file 11 days ago)

64bit - https://www.virustot...5a27e2907ca093/

Both 0/71.

Looks like false positives to me, if you have problems and cannot just set white list then go complain to M$, ask they should analysis the file to see if it's true or not.

I guess any software with such "Advanced Threat Protection" always give users some problems if it get too "seriously", some normal behaviors(HTTP requests, file access etc.) also may seems like ransomware or virus.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 20 November 2020 - 01:12 AM

Absolutely a false positive.

User is offline   Mark 

Could it be triggered by having the "check for updates" enabled in eduke32 ? That might be considered snooping?

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMark, on 20 November 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

Could it be triggered by having the "check for updates" enabled in eduke32 ? That might be considered snooping?

Mark that's a great thought, I never actually had a chance to try that though. I was having so many problems with the latest builds that I could of probably filled this forum with annoying bug reports. I know this is not a preferred solution, but due to so many problems and other annoyances with no concrete solutions, I've restored my map blueprints finally by using a known good version of Mapster R4791. At least this way I can still use the program while the dev team has a chance to catch up.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 20 November 2020 - 03:11 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options