Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The framerate is not really an issue, the code is executed once for each sector/wall/sprite.

But there is no Mapster version, I have not mastered Mapster script yet.

This post has been edited by Fox: 16 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Mapster script is basically CON+. It should click fairly quickly.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I have finally fixed the size of textures with the uncensor option. That's something I have postponed for quite some time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

Now that I finally got the hang of SW's RoR, that I know what can and what can not and should not be done, I can think with the limits and Build cool stuff accordingly. So I guess that the hours of experimenting and figuring it out wasn't all for nothing...

WIP screenshot.

Posted Image

The plan is, the player has access to most of the lower floor of this dojo pretty much since the start of the map. You can see the above floor through here, and there is also a last room of the lower floor that you can't go in yet (but you can see what's inside through the small 'windows/holes' of the wooden door).

Later on in the level, through the balcony of the adjacent building and through a window, the player reaches the upper floor. There, there is also a ladder connecting both floors, which reaches the locked room downstairs I just mentioned.

Ideally I'd like to have some sort 'safe' (or something like a small rotating or closed wall) which holds a key, that 'safe' being in the accessible part of the lower floor, but which can only be opened later on through either the 2nd floor or that small locked room. However, I'm not sure 100% sure about that yet and if it's worth the trouble with the current RoR situation.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 17 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Dude, should totally put it in the SWC CBP. Lookin' good!

heh, I used a ladder to connect the floors as well.

This post has been edited by Robman: 19 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 16 July 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

The framerate is not really an issue, the code is executed once for each sector/wall/sprite.

But there is no Mapster version, I have not mastered Mapster script yet.

It would be great if you or someone could do it at some point. I'd definitely use it, possibly for outdoor terrain. It'd also be a good educational tool, taking noobs' unshaded maps, applying shades to it with this thing, and showing them the difference.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

2D slum hopefully I should be done soon..

Would be the first real Duke3D map actually.
Does give me a lot of fuel for a next one now that I have familiarized myself again with the effects and such, stuff is actually a lot simpler than what I remembered, or just because mapster32 has so many subtle, yet handy features :P

Micky, I'll make a special fullbright version for you where every shade is in balance !

This post has been edited by oasiz: 18 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

• Honored Donor

View Postoasiz, on 18 July 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

Micky, I'll make a special fullbright version for you where every shade is in balance !

Hmm?

Picture looks good for a first map btw.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Thanks, to be fair, I have been using build since 98 I think (and Q1/hl/source in between). It's just that I never really did a serious full map with proper effects and such where I would call it a "real" map.
Also in case someone is wondering why there are so many #1 texture sectors, I use D'd sectors with high speed lower ceiling SE coupled with M to create sequences of sounds. Useful for creating pseudo-cut scenes by sound only.
The secret is to have the small sectors overlap the area you want the sound to emit from (as areas can overlap in build even in the same XYZ). This way you can create sounds that seem to emit behind a wall at a specific spot or say, spoken by someone you see, etc..
But the reason for having huge-ass sector variations of this is when I want Duke sounds that don't attenuate when you move even slightly.

This is why there can even be 5-6 sectors overlapping in the worst case.

Not sure if there is a smarter way of doing this but this works surprisingly well for creating some extra theater in maps instead of having to rely on 1-time sounding sectors only.

Also the fullbright joke is just referring to the n00b shading point. :P

User is offline   Sanek 

LORCH 3. Coming soon. :P
Posted Image

User is offline   taivo30 

Just trying my hand on TROR

http://imgur.com/0e3PChV
http://imgur.com/TGdjf2x
http://imgur.com/IIMviHE
http://imgur.com/5qgwzja
http://imgur.com/9wmQ3xU

finally done this voxels for amc tc
Spoiler

some random crap voxels(wip)

Spoiler

weapon rips (Groza is from stalker, rpk is from the same model as highwire rpkm)

Spoiler

and a low poly tank with dn3d pal texture for my mod: T-95
the map is just a test, i won't steel it
Spoiler

note: it's not only my work, like i told a few posts before, there are three of us

User is offline   Jblade 

Looks great! Would it be alright if I could use that RPKM art to replace the existing one in the TC, since the one I did is pretty poor quality?

One more TROR screen

http://imgur.com/sGEUbF1

• Honored Donor

View Posttaivo30, on 22 July 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

One more TROR screen

http://imgur.com/sGEUbF1

I'd love to see a map made around it Posted Image

I'd love to see a map made around it

I'm just getting to know how TROR works. Maybe I'll make a TROR map eventually. But I like what can be built now thanks to TROR. My mapping was becoming kinda stale anyways so meddling with TROR is fun at the moment :P

View PostJames, on 22 July 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

Looks great! Would it be alright if I could use that RPKM art to replace the existing one in the TC, since the one I did is pretty poor quality?

there are gona be 3 RPK variants in the mod, so i'll send this one when we finish the final frame.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Attached Image: duke0001.png

Attached Image: duke0002.png

Attached Image: duke0003.png

User is offline   Gambini 

Excellent work Mike! I´m digging the atmosphere already.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That reminds me -- I'm going to get rid of the RPG stuff we aren't using (monster levels etc.) and clean up that ugly HUD.

''Aftomat Kolashnikova'' evolution

with special ''AK-74 Beast''(enemy boss weapon)

and my special ''AK-47 Jaeger" with a attached hunting meat knife

Posted Image

and more voxel crap
Spoiler

User is offline   Gambini 

wow that Lada Niva!

User is online   zykov eddy 

... cuz, why not?

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice. I was thinking of trying something like that thr other day. Nowe I don't need to. :P

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postzykov eddy, on 29 July 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

... cuz, why not?

super.
now that you've decided to come out of hiatus, get with craigfatman and finish the 20 sector challenge map.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I uploaded a bunch of Minecraft textures to the WGR2 svn ages back, I wonder if they are still in it.

• Music Producer

View PostForge, on 29 July 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

super.now that you've decided to come out of hiatus, get with craigfatman and finish the 20 sector challenge map.

Yes please!

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 29 July 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

I uploaded a bunch of Minecraft textures to the WGR2 svn ages back, I wonder if they are still in it.

They are still there, and should be used. :P Coff coff Eddy...

User is offline   MetHy 

Pretty sure someone else was working on an EDuke32 minecraft mod too.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, building with blocks in-game. This is a level that resembles Minecraft is all. I think.

• Music Producer

I'm pretty sure it was "Beeblebrain"

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options