Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

I separated the tower and hull. how is it?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The "texture" still seems pretty pastel-like. Have you tried experimenting around with slightly randomizing the paint colour to give it a more gritty look to fit in with the rest of the textures? Or perhaps Gambini's suggestion of baking on some light in slab6 to give it some more depth.

Does the tank appear flawless in classic? With the original sprite-based tank, you would see some minor glitches from some angles.

View PostMicky C, on 13 April 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

The "texture" still seems pretty pastel-like. Have you tried experimenting around with slightly randomizing the paint colour to give it a more gritty look to fit in with the rest of the textures? Or perhaps Gambini's suggestion of baking on some light in slab6 to give it some more depth.

Does the tank appear flawless in classic? With the original sprite-based tank, you would see some minor glitches from some angles.

well, yes there are some glitchs wich i have no idea how to fix. in 8-bit the parts are normal but in 32-bit they just hange in the sky.
what about the 'texture', i am trying to to fix it, but have not got to anything yet

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I think the problem is that the different coloured paint is shown as "blobs", no real camouflage appears as such.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You probably have it the other way around. I'm guessing it's working fine in 32 bit, but it's got that hanging problem in 8 bit. Unfortunately the TC is designed for 8-bit (you're bound to get some visual bugs and/or loss of quality in anything else), and I'm not sure if there's a way around that particular problem in 8-bit.

View PostMicky C, on 13 April 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

You probably have it the other way around. I'm guessing it's working fine in 32 bit, but it's got that hanging problem in 8 bit. Unfortunately the TC is designed for 8-bit (you're bound to get some visual bugs and/or loss of quality in anything else), and I'm not sure if there's a way around that particular problem in 8-bit.

in 8-bit it is normal, the problem in in 32-bit

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

User is offline   Lunick 

I could go deaf from watching that.

User is offline   Fox 

The quality of the audio is awful, I know.

User is offline   Fox 

OH MY GOD I HAVE SO MUCH FUN PLAYING THIS WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE IT

View PostFox, on 19 April 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

OH MY GOD I HAVE SO MUCH FUN PLAYING THIS WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE IT

Hahaha is that map supposed to be based on a racing track? It looks like a mediocre map from 1997/1998 that has nothing to do with racing.

User is offline   Fox 

It's based on Wipeout series

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Those underwater drones should have been in the final game. They are hilarious :)

View PostFox, on 19 April 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

It's based on Wipeout series

Posted Image

It seems to me most of the map is a series of bland corridors instead of the racetrack. The racetrack looks fine, but the rest of the map looks pretty boring.

User is offline   Lunick 

I think the map looks pretty fun actually.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 19 April 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

It seems to me most of the map is a series of bland corridors instead of the racetrack. The racetrack looks fine, but the rest of the map looks pretty boring.

No, most of the map is the race, but I died as soon as I got in it.

User is offline   MetHy 

I was just thinking this episode looked better than I thought.

View PostFox, on 19 April 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

No, most of the map is the race, but I died as soon as I got in it.

Oooh ok. Now I'm a lot more interested.

User is offline   MetHy 

You mean those underwater drones weren't in total metldown? (I've never played it) They look like they have too much hp to me, that fight dragged on forever compared to any duke3D enemy

This post has been edited by MetHy: 19 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I meant that I wish they were in the Atomic Edition of the game :)

User is offline   Fox 

And it should have at least one of the pigs with pistols.

User is offline   Lunick 

Maybe you could let me look
Posted Image

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

Nice Fox, those are some awesome vids of the TM mod. I noticed something in Gates Motel about the REDRUM sprite. I don't know if it matters or not but it's too high, it was originally leveled with Duke's head to where you could walk up right against it. Just pointing it out in case you wanted to fix it or not.

Another thing, I noticed that the Zombie Pigs have a roar sound when they've spotted Duke. Does this mean that those sounds were in the original but weren't played by the Zombie Pigs?

This post has been edited by Mav3r1ck: 19 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

User is offline   Fox 

Yes, like the Newbeast the new enemies have a "recog" sound that is not used.

View PostFox, on 19 April 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yes, like the Newbeast the new enemies have a "recog" sound that is not used.

I wonder what the Magnum Pig will sound like. Interesting.

Despite the fact that the people who made these maps did a good job, they sure made some errors.

User is offline   Fox 

Speaking of errors, the Magnum P.I.G. has no sounds at all, even the shotgun is silent... for this mod I used the same sounds of the Pig Cop.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've always suspected the issue with this episode's difficulty was just a combination of bad graphics (pixel doubling, I'm gonna vomit) and terrible controls.

User is offline   Lunick 

The controls are (mostly) fine if you use the Doomed layout.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I mean I guess, but everything is clunky. FPSes need keyboard and mouse, baby.

The only thing that really bothered me about DNTM was the choppy graphics, but everything else was fine. I used the doomed style layout to play the game.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options