Up date time
Vally of the King WIP
Posted Image

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Well done :rolleyes:

This part seem to come out well
Posted Image

User is offline   MC84 

The OP stated we could ask general questions here - so here goes; is there a reason why Ion Fury didn't use transparent submersible water sectors? I'd like to implement some transparent water in my project but figure if the devs chose not to use it then I suspect this was because of bugs/glitches? I see that the sample ROR map in eduke32 contains use of SE40, but this seems very limited, in that the underwater sector has to match the red AND white walls of the above-water sector... The other option seems to be TROR, which I understand Ion Fury did use in certain sections.. but not water sectors. Was this initially attempted but later found to be too buggy?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

There were some issues with TROR water transitions that we didn't get around to fixing or even really make an effort to fix, because we had so much other stuff to finish and it wasn't really any kind of killer feature we absolutely had to have.

User is offline   MC84 

View PostTerminX, on 10 February 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

There were some issues with TROR water transitions that we didn't get around to fixing or even really make an effort to fix, because we had so much other stuff to finish and it wasn't really any kind of killer feature we absolutely had to have.

Fair enough - thanks!

yeah it's kind of buggy
but it does look cool

User is offline   Sanek 

I'd like to say that I kinda want to make a map for Ion Fury, but I want to make a very specific kind of map. The original mappers set the bar so extremely high that every user map would look pale by comparison. I don't really want to make a single-player map, since I don't think I'll be good enough to make even a small map that'll be good by game's standarts, let alone my own criteras. I think I can tackle a "Queen of the Hill" type of map, but as I understand you need to have a serious code input in order to make such map, so let's not consider this option.

I actually kinda excited about the multiplayer - I think IF will be as good as Blood in this regard. I would like to make a MP map! Do you think it'll be a good idea to start making such a map right now, keeping in mind that there'll be online mode in the future?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

If you need help with qoth, I can assist you there.
It's all map effects, there is actually very little supporting code. Prototypes were done before the game mode code was even started :rolleyes:
... Actually QOTH is even optional, you can use map effects to create pseud-gamemode maps as the logic allows you to create rudimentary state machines, i.e. kill 10 guys and door opens and more spawn once you reach a new trigger. You could even create a sort of time-crisis/arenafight like scenario (where you can move freely) where you fight room by room and get some supplies and cool shit.

I wouldn't worry too much about comparisons, the texture set is quite flexible that allows very different styles to be done without too much trouble, go for something unique!

User is offline   Sanek 

View Postoasiz, on 12 February 2020 - 04:34 AM, said:

If you need help with qoth, I can assist you there.
It's all map effects, there is actually very little supporting code. Prototypes were done before the game mode code was even started :mellow:
... Actually QOTH is even optional, you can use map effects to create pseud-gamemode maps as the logic allows you to create rudimentary state machines, i.e. kill 10 guys and door opens and more spawn once you reach a new trigger. You could even create a sort of time-crisis/arenafight like scenario (where you can move freely) where you fight room by room and get some supplies and cool shit.

Glad to hear that there's so much options available!

Allright then. I'll try to make a map with QOTH mode in mind. If I actually manage to make something, I'll contact you in a month or two. :rolleyes:

playing around with Pal 1 and Pal 42
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

not sure where to put this ...

A map by 'kayyy' - Overland Station

Posted Image

Download here

If he wants, he can make his own thread for it
really good map too
just feel enemy and item placement is kinda off

Anther up date
got the blood to ignore the floor Pal by giving the blood sprites an owner of -1024, pretty useful
Posted Image

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

That -1024 owner trick should work on most sprites to "spritenopal" (ignore sector floor palette) them, except for the ones where you are using .owner as a current tag, of course.

should work for what I want
this whole map has be just a test to see what I can do without having to add .art or .con files

It's been to long with out anyone posting updates here
lets fix that
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

SPY-maps issued Ion Fury 3

Posted Image
File and Download link

I really wish he would come here and make threads for hes maps ;)

User is online   Tekedon 

Someone please do E1M1 from Blood in Ion Fury ;)

I'm surprised I haven't seen E1M1 from Doom yet ;)

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Just mash the two together into a horrifying hodgepodge level.

Been a bit since I posted an update
Posted Image

Too quite for my liking in here
time for an update
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Made this video as a very basic "how to set up mapster32" for Ion Fury. You guys probably don't need it lol. But here goes!

oh
never mind it works now

This post has been edited by Truck Stop Santa Claus: 04 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

nice eating by the way
very professional

User is offline   Hank 

Davox – Ion Fury Level Design: Part Two

Davox – Ion Fury Level Design: Part Three

When/if Davox posts his videos here on duke4, please delete my post. Cheers!

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Awesome stuff. I wish I had such tutorials back in the day. I learned Mapster using book for Build, great memories anyway.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options